Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    So i seriously think this game attracts the wrong people. VR12s are only grinding for mats or PvP with the occasional trial. I'm trying to find a group for Craglorn quests for the last 2 hours, no one wants to join Everyone's just grinding or PvPing

/endrant
    Join a guild :P

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Easier said than done, unfortunately. I've really struggled to find a decent guild in pretty much every recent MMO that I've played. I'm a pretty social guy but it always feels like there's often a ridiculous amount of hoops to jump through in order to get anywhere with a guild these days. Some of them feel like they're a second job, others are too bloated with members that it's difficult to feel like anything but a number and a lot of the tightly knit organisations are often very frigid and slow to open up to outsiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Ah yes, whenever an MMO has issues, joining a guild always solves them, no matter what they are.
    The game is boring. Join a guild.
    The game doesn't have enough end game content. Join a guild.
    The game is buggy. Join a guild.
    The game has terrible pvp balance. Join a guild.

It's like the USA and guns.

I still think Craglorn is counter intuitive to the rest of the ESO experience. It's hot on the heels of their already admitted miscalculation about VR that players would actually want to group for things.

And yes, finding a good guild in any MMO is a pain in the ass, which is why I joined 5 trading guilds in ESO. I just don't have the patience to try to research a guild that sounds good on paper, go through an intrusive application process, and then find out a few weeks later the guild is full of jerks and idiots just like every other guild I've tried. Bah to all of that.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Ah yes, whenever an MMO has issues, joining a guild always solves them, no matter what they are.

Sadly you just come up with this bullshit answer when the question cleary is "why don't want people to do craglorn with me?" well as I have said, if you join a guild that does Craglorn content you will get it done.

In theory, sure - but in practice there's no guarantee of that happening even if someone is actively contributing and searching for a guild to indulge in a specific activity. I may simply be cynical here but all too often I've invested time, effort and resources into a promising guild only for it to amount to very little.

Perhaps I've just been unlucky but there's been many cases where a solid guild has collapsed due to petty drama or people just getting bored of the game and suddenly departing. Or they choose to play favourites, switch their intended activities around or rely far too heavily on needing to speak on Mumble at almost every hour of the day.

Well the last 3 guilds I've joined have died down. The only PvE guilds I've found recently are either German or "OMGHARDCORE" trial guilds, and I have neither the RL time nor the patience to deal with that.

I've done all 3 factions, most of the dungeons, so the only thing left for me currently is Craglorn (and I really want to see the story) and Trials, other than rolling an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post

Well, when the issue is, "I have nobody to play with.", it's a perfectly reasonable response. I've not heard anyone respond to complaints of PvP imbalance, bugs, or a lack of content with "join a guild" though, so you must hear from different folks than I.

But seriously, if you're having trouble finding folks to play with, how is that not a perfectly reasonable response? Guilds have...people! And finding an active guild will provide you with opportunities to chat and play with those folks, especially if it's a guild that advertises themselves as doing adventure zone content.

Your comment makes literally zero sense.

Cyrodiil is the only zone that really gets any space to breathe. The rest of the world is just way too compressed. Can't take 10 steps without running into a bandit camp or an NPC army in perpetual combat against restless ghosts or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Cyrodiil is the only zone that really gets any space to breathe. The rest of the world is just way too compressed. Can't take 10 steps without running into a bandit camp or an NPC army in perpetual combat against restless ghosts or something.
    I like that though. There's no real point in having huge areas of 'dead space', IMO.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

ZOS definitely knows how to stir up controversy.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...rives-on-steam

Not a fan of giving bonuses only to new purchasers. I've always hated that business practice. A "loyal" wolfhound should be given to all Imp. edition purchasers who are still subscribed as well.

I don't really care though since it's a dog. I would be furious if it was a cat though. :P WTB cat mini pet(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    ZOS definitely knows how to stir up controversy.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...rives-on-steam
    I know right? Wtf are they thinking...
    Unless it's a plan and they "change their minds later" so they look good on the general public.

I know right? Wtf are they thinking...
    Unless it's a plan and they "change their minds later" so they look good on the general public.
    Probably something along the lines of: "Oh, a huge market of people we may/may not have reached with the game. Let's get our game on the single biggest digital platform for gamers in the West and not only put it on sale, but give them some perks to drive up sales!"

Money, man. There's a reason why it's currently at #3 in top selling. Companies don't care as much about the old blood, they'll stick around even with their grumbling. New blood is always needed, so you grant more and more incentives over time to get them in.

They would do well to take a similar stance to what FFXIV's developers did - a unique mount was added for PS4 players who purchased the collector's edition and rather than leave it exclusive any player who had bought any of the previous collector's editions for either the PC or PS3 received it as well. So everybody was left happy and treated equally for being a loyal customer.

It's possible to compromise and treat both new and old players with respect and encourage both to invest. It's very unfortunate that many modern MMO developers don't do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Probably something along the lines of: "Oh, a huge market of people we may/may not have reached with the game. Let's get our game on the single biggest digital platform for gamers in the West and not only put it on sale, but give them some perks to drive up sales!"

Money, man. There's a reason why it's currently at #3 in top selling. Companies don't care as much about the old blood, they'll stick around even with their grumbling. New blood is always needed, so you grant more and more incentives over time to get them in.
    No wait, it wasn't about them going on Steam. It was about offering a completely new pet and no ability to get a Steam key if you already own the game.
    I personally care about neither, it's just painting ZOS in a really bad light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    They would do well to take a similar stance to what FFXIV's developers did - a unique mount was added for PS4 players who purchased the collector's edition and rather than leave it exclusive any player who had bought any of the previous collector's editions for either the PC or PS3 received it as well. So everybody was left happy and treated equally for being a loyal customer.

It's possible to compromise and treat both new and old players with respect and encourage both to invest. It's very unfortunate that many modern MMO developers don't do that anymore.
    Also this.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm seriously thinking about rerolling the same char as an AD or EP. I just can't seem to find a DC guild tailored to me. I've been looking in game, on the ESO guilds reddit, Tamriel Foundry, TESO Elite, nothing. It's either completely hardcore (which as I have already said I care not about) or PVP focused. Or simply trading.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-07-18 at 03:28 AM.

They'll probably make the hound available for purchase at some point.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

On a completely unrelated note, I'm seriously thinking about rerolling the same char as an AD or EP. I just can't seem to find a DC guild tailored to me. I've been looking in game, on the ESO guilds reddit, Tamriel Foundry, TESO Elite, nothing. It's either completely hardcore (which as I have already said I care not about) or PVP focused. Or simply trading.
    It might be a worthwhile investment. Do you enjoy the game enough to see yourself doing stuff all over again and are you likely to stick around for better or worse as additional changes are made to the game? I do hope you find the right guild for you, though - it can be very hit and miss whilst searching for one where you feel like you're genuinely part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    It might be a worthwhile investment. Do you enjoy the game enough to see yourself doing stuff all over again and are you likely to stick around for better or worse as additional changes are made to the game? I do hope you find the right guild for you, though - it can be very hit and miss whilst searching for one where you feel like you're genuinely part of it.
    I honestly do not know. I enjoy the setting a lot, I enjoy the combat system, generally, as a foundation for an MMO I do enjoy it. More so than any other MMO I've started playing lately. It really is up to them to deliver content and balancing.
    On the topic of re rolling, I've grown too attached to my character and name, dammit. As far as dyes go, I'll still get the achievements from him. But then, it's a huge time investment. Oh well... Wish there was a way to change factions. I'd pay double the imperial edition price at this point :P

I honestly do not know. I enjoy the setting a lot, I enjoy the combat system, generally, as a foundation for an MMO I do enjoy it. More so than any other MMO I've started playing lately. It really is up to them to deliver content and balancing.
    On the topic of re rolling, I've grown too attached to my character and name, dammit. As far as dyes go, I'll still get the achievements from him. But then, it's a huge time investment. Oh well... Wish there was a way to change factions. I'd pay double the imperial edition price at this point :P
    It's a shame that faction and race changes aren't standard in modern MMO's. I generally prefer to invest in one character above any others that I create and so simply dropping everything if something doesn't go as planned can be very frustrating. It's even worse if there's exclusive stuff that can't be obtained again on a different character - it just makes many people feel obligated to stick with their original character even if they don't necessarily want to.

In my case I'm really not as interested in the Aldmeri Dominion as I thought I'd be and so I'd love to make my sorcerer a different faction and potentially a different race as well.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-07-18 at 05:32 AM.