Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Well ive not been keeping up on info for teso for a while so im not sure what the exact specs are, so if they are indeed crysis 3 level then sorry. Something like skyrim though does not need a beast pc to run well, my old pc which was a 4 years old prebuilt office pc with a £60 graphics card stuck in later ran skyrim fine. Skyrim is also constantly in the top sales list on steam, along with a lot of other games that have decent graphics. So yeah im sure a lot of people only play indie games with poor graphics, but theres a range between office pc and beast pc, id be willing to bet most steam customers fit somewhere in the middle.
    Most MMOs have with a "low render" option.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    It's an mmo, first person works fine when you only got yourself and a few select enemies to worry about, but when you need to keep track of your group and at the same time avoid enviromental hazards that are very common in an mmo, it just wont work.
    Oh shit, better go back to 1999 and warn myself that raiding with 72 people will be impossibru in EQ because we're playing in first person! oh noooeeessssss!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    ranged weapons and magic is soft targeted in ESO tho, so that wont be an issue :P

It's an mmo, first person works fine when you only got yourself and a few select enemies to worry about, but when you need to keep track of your group and at the same time avoid enviromental hazards that are very common in an mmo, it just wont work. As much as I love sniping people in with my bow in skyrim, I think third person is the best choice of focus for ESO.
    It may work, it may not work but why are you under the impression that being in a situation like you described is what MMO is all about? (it's not, it's a very small part of most MMOs actually..). When questing and doing dungeons in 1-5 member groups, first person works just fine, it's basically the same as single player.

If you take all time of all players of any popular MMO, most of that goes for the latter and a very small fraction of it goes for organized group play .. there is no reason not to allow both. There are players who prefer 1st person and there are those who prefer 3rd. Making the first person hands isn't that difficult but would make a lot of players happy..

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Most people who play MMOs have a standard office computer. Recent MMOs with such stupidity as lack of targeting require a player to have a gaming computer, with $300 videocard. Designing them in that way is just a money-grabbing scheme without intent to have a continuous revenue stream from such games. Just hit (2 million sales) and run (100k in a year). So far I don't see that one would be different.
    Elder Scrolls Online ‏@TESOnline

@TakaPerry We haven’t announced system requirements yet, but our goal is for #ESO to be playable on any PC or Mac from the last five years.
    source: https://twitter.com/TESOnline/with_replies

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Oh shit, better go back to 1999 and warn myself that raiding with 72 people will be impossibru in EQ because we're playing in first person! oh noooeeessssss!!!
    ^ This. So this. People who started playing MMOs with WoW have been catered too forever. You have all played these games since they were 'easy' ... can't wait for a game that goes back to the roots of MMOs where skill and the social aspect is actually a part of the game. Rather then the current state of WoW's "click a button and speed clear a dungeon with 4 people you will never see or talk to again".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    pvp says hello

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    pvp says hello
    Works just fine in Chivalry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Works just fine in Chivalry.
    First person Hack and Slash is awesome!

Deleted
    I hate how developers feel the need to cater to even the most ancient of PC hardware.

Can we just please optimize this game for Quad-Core, 64-bit CPUs with at least 4GB RAM and a DX 11 GPU?

I mean both Quad-Cores and DX 11 GPUs have been the de-facto standard for the past.....3 years or more. Quad-Cores may be debatable since dual cores are still sold today...but I really hope it doesn't force them to compromise.

I'm all for performance via optimization, but not when it comes at the cost of features.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I hate how developers feel the need to cater to even the most ancient of PC hardware.

Can we just please optimize this game for Quad-Core, 64-bit CPUs with at least 4GB RAM and a DX 11 GPU?

I mean both Quad-Cores and DX 11 GPUs have been the de-facto standard for the past.....3 years or more. Quad-Cores may be debatable since dual cores are still sold today...but I really hope it doesn't force them to compromise.

I'm all for performance via optimization, but not when it comes at the cost of features.
    They should optimize it for at least the BARE minimum a intel 4000 for minimum specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself.

more range of comp specs = more $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    more range of comp specs = more $$$
    Exactly. It's one of the things that has helped WoW be as big as it is. More range of specs that can play it = more people that can play the game = more money.

Gonna sound stupid, but what does it matter if they get more money? That doesn't mean that they are gonna make the game better. In the case of WoW, the game seems to have hardly improved, despite all of the money it has made.

Seriously, they could've improved the game so much more and still keep it playable for people who are cheapasses and don't want to change their gameboy for an actual computer, yet they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Gonna sound stupid, but what does it matter if they get more money? That doesn't mean that they are gonna make the game better. In the case of WoW, the game seems to have hardly improved, despite all of the money it has made.

Seriously, they could've improved the game so much more and still keep it playable for people who are cheapasses and don't want to change their gameboy for an actual computer, yet they didn't.
    "what does it matter if they get more money? That doesn't mean that they are gonna make the game better."

What they do with the money they make is their decision. Im not saying "hey if more ppl can run their game, then they will make more money, and use that money to make the game better." What im saying is "Hey we can make more profit if we have a wider range of systems that can run our game" They are making more money period and thats why they do it. And why other gaming companies selling on PC would be smart to go over every option they can when trying to get a wide array of optimizations.

you know, i thought about something recently. all of the people that like to compare games to other games and claim "herp derp this is copying that derp herp" are gonna bitch so fucking loud if we ever get to go to akavir. akavir is asian themed, so they'd bitch as loud as possible about elder scrolls trying to copy wow or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    "what does it matter if they get more money? That doesn't mean that they are gonna make the game better."

What they do with the money they make is their decision. Im not saying "hey if more ppl can run their game, then they will make more money, and use that money to make the game better." What im saying is "Hey we can make more profit if we have a wider range of systems that can run our game" They are making more money period and thats why they do it. And why other gaming companies selling on PC would be smart to go over every option they can when trying to get a wide array of optimizations.
    Yeah, I do understand that they want to make as much money as they can, but fuck, I've had people telling me they couldn't update their pcs to play certain games when they bought playstation 3 and paid fucking 80 bucks for one game.

The smartest thing is to let minimum settings be playable for a wide range of systems. SWTOR runs poorly on low-end new PC's. GW2 runs poorly on low-end PC's. Age of Conan ran poorly on low-end systems. TSW runs poorly on low-end PC's and even high-end AMD PC's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    The smartest thing is to let minimum settings be playable for a wide range of systems. SWTOR runs poorly on low-end new PC's. GW2 runs poorly on low-end PC's. Age of Conan ran poorly on low-end systems. TSW runs poorly on low-end PC's and even high-end AMD PC's.
    If people want to take PC gaming seriously, it doesn't cost much to build a PC that runs games on High or even Ultra. For $700 you can build a great PC and run everything you want on max settings. Also, my brother has a "low end system" and ran SWTOR just fine. I don't know about the others since he hadn't played them, but from what I could tell, he ran SWTOR pretty smoothly for some piece of junk computer he had. I think he spent $250 building it.

If you don't want to have to update your system- then gaming isn't meant for that person. Even consoles are updated every few years, thus having to spend hundreds of dollars more before having to spend $60-$80 for a single game.

Ontopic: I wouldn't be a fan of the whole "hack and slash" MMO, mostly because its based around internet connections. I have a perfect connection, but I may be unable to hit someone because they're teleporting around me. Since I am not lagging, they can still hit me just fine. It seems like it would be more of an annoyance than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Ontopic: I wouldn't be a fan of the whole "hack and slash" MMO, mostly because its based around internet connections. I have a perfect connection, but I may be unable to hit someone because they're teleporting around me. Since I am not lagging, they can still hit me just fine. It seems like it would be more of an annoyance than anything.
    The lag you're talking about is peer to peer connection. This is not the case for server based interaction.