well what I'd really like is to mimic the elf sorcerer in the CGI videos. She used just a one handed sword but used some magic whip and a big protection bubble. I know it is just pre-rendered stuff but it looked cool and fund

10+ Year Old Account
    Just my 2 cents on the whole F2P and Sub. I think Sub is better if its a game you want to be dedicated to. If you don't want to be dedicated to 1 MMO, F2P makes more sense since you want to play multiple ones, and you may already be subbed to wow which is also 15 dollars, which now makes it 30 a month if you have both EOS and WOW.

However Sub is better. I would rather pay a monthly fee for everything and free DLC/patches and all the items being available to anyone who plays instead of all the fun and good stuff on a cash shop. I hate that wow has a cash shop, you can tell where the resources go.

I don't suppose there's any official plans for a character appearance change?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

However Sub is better. I would rather pay a monthly fee for everything and free DLC/patches and all the items being available to anyone who plays instead of all the fun and good stuff on a cash shop. I hate that wow has a cash shop, you can tell where the resources go.
    that's assuming that the p2p method sticks to the bold.

WoW's telling sign is these periods that come auornd where you're paying each month... for an excess of 8 months where there are no updates. And to top things off, you're paying for the next update ontop of the monthly fee? Lame. Maybe i'm too use to Eve where I only paid 20 bucks and 15 a month (assuming I don't spend isk on plex)

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    that's assuming that the p2p method sticks to the bold.

WoW's telling sign is these periods that come auornd where you're paying each month... for an excess of 8 months where there are no updates. And to top things off, you're paying for the next update ontop of the monthly fee? Lame. Maybe i'm too use to Eve where I only paid 20 bucks and 15 a month (assuming I don't spend isk on plex)
    and you gota pay for account services like realm transfers name changes gender changes race changes it's just ugh.

I prefer FF14's P2P model to WoW's P2P model. It has a cash shop but the prices are far more reasonable, the services/items are purely cosmetic and the content updates are roughly every three months. In addition, rewards are given out to players who are subscribed for a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    and you gota pay for account services like realm transfers name changes gender changes race changes it's just ugh.
    which is one reason i kind of still like Swtor... getting them cartel coins each month, and then able to use said cartel coins to pay for transfers, name change, character recustomization (no faction swap though)

Only P2P suits my vision of a proper MMO game and without cash-shop which would undermine the integrity of the world.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    any good site where they discuss builds and general class discussions? I tried the official forums but gave up there. The ESO reddit is too sparse.
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/ used to be the place to go. Not sure how it is now.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well what I'd really like is to mimic the elf sorcerer in the CGI videos. She used just a one handed sword but used some magic whip and a big protection bubble. I know it is just pre-rendered stuff but it looked cool and fund
    I'm pretty sure the big protection bubble is "Siege Shield" from the pvp support skill line and the whip looks like the Dragon Knight's Ardent Flame skill line ability "Lava Whip." However, since she's special her abilities are all green and we can't have that
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

We are definitely in for some great announcements, as it is clear no one is going to look nice at developers whose product failed to reach 1 million of subscribers even after 40% Xmas sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    We are definitely in for some great announcements, as it is clear no one is going to look nice at developers whose product failed to reach 1 million of subscribers even after 40% Xmas sales.
    any proof of these sub numbers? oh wait you are that single guy that comes in here every few weeks and brings up this supposed sub 1mill sub numbers with no proof.

good news finally finished my two fanged snake 3 set and valkon something 2 set the one with the metros on dot damage and it's a blast now to finish the nerinath 2 set and I guess web spinner's.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-01-03 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    any proof of these sub numbers? oh wait you are that single guy that comes in here every few weeks and brings up this supposed sub 1mill sub numbers with no proof.

good news finally finished my two fanged snake 3 set and valkon something 2 set the one with the metros on dot damage and it's a blast now to finish the nerinath 2 set and I guess web spinner's.
    He has no proof, Tackhisis is a known troll and has trolled in this thread ever since the game got into beta. I would just ignore all he is saying as he doesn't care what you respond to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems eso won the mmorpg of the year award on mmorpg.com that's quite cool I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Whaaat, I didn't realize it was 40% off for xmas (or if I did notice I forgot).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was actually 67% off during Steam's winter sale at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    It was actually 67% off during Steam's winter sale at one point.
    Damn, thought I was watching that thing like a hawk. Maybe I did see it and just forgot.

Oh well.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Damn, thought I was watching that thing like a hawk. Maybe I did see it and just forgot.

Oh well.
    I don't think it was ever on the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this game good yet?

I enjoyed playing it at launch, but a variety of issues eventually forced me out... I was a Nightblade and used bows, but as I leveled I started to notice everyone at the cap was being forced into using a shield/staff and light armor if they wanted to solo anything... Is it still like that or are other builds (bow builds in particular) able to be utilized for soloing group content?

Also have they fixed a lot of the bugs? One of my biggest gripes was how I needed to skip multiple quests in every zone because they bugged out and weren't able to be finished... One of those bugs in particular was the straw that broke the camels back in my subscription in fact... I was like level 46 or something and in Cold Harbor and a main story quest broke and I just closed the game out of frustration and never played again.

Also did they add the thieves guild?

Thanks

They fixed a lot of quests bugs most if not all I haven't quested in a long time bow is actually the most op build now and they did buff alot of abilities now more classes can solo large groups. light armor and shield is still popular in pvp but you can run a lot more builds now and feel viable still some bugs but most of them don't pop up that often

10+ Year Old Account
    @I Push Buttons
    stamina builds (bow / dw / 2h) are perfectly viable for pve, end game pve and pvp. I soloed a bow/dw stamina sorc to v14 without issue, it was Much faster than my light amor sorc / templar.

no more bugged quests, I did not find any. If a npc does not spawn in one quest, (happened 1/20) just re-log and it will be there; it takes 20s.