10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
    I don't know about Low playerbase..There is a massive number of people playing on the US servers even on DC which is the lowest populated realm.

Not sure about the daily vets on Euro servers...I know i do them pretty much every day.
    The reason people will think there is a low playerbase is that unlike WoW there is no main city you see everyone in, people for each faction are spread out in all the zones, minus probably cold harbor, and cyrodil. This is contrary to WoW where half the factions population is likely to be in SW or Org at any given time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The reason people will think there is a low playerbase is that unlike WoW there is no main city you see everyone in, people for each faction are spread out in all the zones, minus probably cold harbor, and cyrodil. This is contrary to WoW where half the factions population is likely to be in SW or Org at any given time.
    It would help if there were player and guild lookup tools like in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are many reasons:

- check the Guild recruitment for EU - DC / AD / EP, you will see 1-2 guilds advertising on the official forums / tamriel foundry (Alith - terrible leadership and lots of randoms - for EP, Reddit - good guys - for AD, really not sure what to say for DC).
    In-game also there is 1-2 big guilds that do PvE on each, and lots of small guilds (that have max 3-15 ppl on-line).

- PvP wise, it's Much much worse. DC has mainly pugs that get wiped in seconds in the fights that matter. The two big guilds (DA * DPM) can't seam to work together like the AD ones do, and so they get slaughtered daily. No strategy, no unity.

Trying to find a decent PvE guild that offers daily vet runs / trials is difficult but not impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    It would help if there were player and guild lookup tools like in WoW.
    Maybe if the LFG tool will be fixed / improved, this will get easier/faster. But so far, after 1 year, they were unable to create a working LFG tool, which, for a MMO, IMO, is a big requirement.

Trying to find a Good PvP guild... is harder/next to impossible on DC.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    no news about f2p / b2p.
    at least the game got some publicity following the rumors...
    it still has a low playerbase, IMO.
    it still takes a while to find party for the daily vet (after 5pm GMT)
    and the number of 'able' pve/pvp guilds is very low (EU-DC)
    This is what concerns me about returning.. Population.

Anyone who is actually PLAYING the game have any screenshots, or info, or news of the population in-game? I would love to know how its doing. Back when I was playing, I was VR5 and a chunk of players were hitting VR10 at the time with a huge chunk just barely hitting VR1. So population wise, the game had a massive amount of people when I was playing. Though, kinda odd, the VR zones seemed empty but the zones pre-50 were jam packed, including towns,cities,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post

Anyone who is actually PLAYING the game have any screenshots, or info, or news of the population in-game? I would love to know how its doing. Back when I was playing, I was VR5 and a chunk of players were hitting VR10 at the time with a huge chunk just barely hitting VR1. So population wise, the game had a massive amount of people when I was playing. Though, kinda odd, the VR zones seemed empty but the zones pre-50 were jam packed, including towns,cities,etc.
    It's a low population for a MMORPG, but there ARE people, people who you will actually see in the world and cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post

I was in the same boat as you were a couple weeks ago. Population is fine (I'm on NA, cant speak for EU), VR zones are quieter than the 1-49, but you'll always see a couple people here and there. Head to the cities or starting towns if you want to find big crowds of people, but yeah man, don't be afraid of being "the only man logged into ESO". Still plenty of people playing.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

10+ Year Old Account
    EU is Much less populated. IMO.
    Check the recruitment forums:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...ld-recruitment
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...ld-recruitment
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/priv...d-recruitment/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/esoguilds

see how many EU and how many US posts there are.

I logged out just now after shouting for 15 mins 'v14 healer lf daily gold key'.

Deleted
    first of all. Lol that is it the fact of FP that brought ESO back to life. But sounds cool. hope they will go with a good FP model and not one such as SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    first of all. Lol that is it the fact of FP that brought ESO back to life. But sounds cool. hope they will go with a good FP model and not one such as SWTOR
    fact of F2P? It's as much of a fact as WoW going F2P, what brought attention back to the game is expectations for 1.6
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Speaking of update 1.6; I hope they publish it on the PTS soon, it's taking a bit long at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Speaking of update 1.6; I hope they publish it on the PTS soon, it's taking a bit long at this point.
    ZOS just posted a 1.6 Provisioning guide, so that part seems to be finalized, at least. It's gotta be on PTS real soon!!

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...016.1397531491

Can you play the PTS without having an active sub? I own the game and I kind of want to see the changes for myself before reinvesting in the game. Not sure why but I've been thinking about it a lot lately and figured I'd give it another go as there really isn't much else out there at the moment other than GW2 which I still play for the large scale WvW battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    Can you play the PTS without having an active sub?
    Unfortunately, no you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    I kind of want to see the changes for myself before reinvesting in the game.
    You may want to bookmark this thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...-else-is-in/p1

There are over two dozen Twitch streamers who are planning to livestream and demonstrate the 1.6 changes on the PTS.

glad they are buffing drinks to be useful got like 8 stacks of it shaaaaaaaaaaame I got the engine guardian 2 set now I got enough regeneration.

While nobody asked and I have no idea why I am doing this, I'm just going to drop the reason for why I stopped playing ESO quite fast after getting out of Cold Harbour; I had no idea what my motivation to do anything was. It felt like every quest was just do a favor for some random dude and I had no overarching motivation to do anything unless I just wanted to be kind to these random people.

In Skyrim I got my motivation from the first couple of hours of gameplay. I was the chosen one who needed to stop the dragon that almost got me killed. It was a simple thing but it really kept me playing for long enough to fall in love with the game and continue doing all the sidestuff and play for hundreds of hours and also start a new character recently to play through it once more. I didn't find that motivation at all in ESO.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    *snip*
    I'm not sure how much attention you paid to anything then, since you're theoretically a special hero returned from death with no soul. Then you immediately pursue several valorous deeds, completely change the landscape of the zones as you pass through them, get praised as a hero by common folk when you return from liberating them, and so on.

You are not 'a dragonborn', but you are a unique hero saving the world for your alliance. Now don't take this as an insult, I'm just pointing out that for whatever subjective reason you are seeing a difference it's objectively not there for the most part.
    BAD WOLF

I don't think you can expect an MMO to have an overarching story like a single player game does. I mean they do have them of sorts but it won't have the impetus that a single player game does.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think you can expect an MMO to have an overarching story like a single player game does. I mean they do have them of sorts but it won't have the impetus that a single player game does.
    But honestly, what is different other than dragons/dragonborn? MMO stories operate with a suspension of disbelief regarding hero characters. You almost always the hero. The other hundreds of thousands of people in terms of story are usually just common folk. The people you group with just happen to be adventurers or sometimes heroes like you.

In terms of ESO, you are the 'only' one going to the harborage, the only one without a soul, the only one who is in the prophecy, the only one who can stop Molag. So it appears the only difference is someone's perception of other players actually moving instead of being mostly static like NPCs. Otherwise I really can't find where people think it is so different.

Maybe that's more important to people for non gameplay related reasons and that's ok, but in terms of narrative it's no different. Maybe I'm missing something else though? Idk. Seems like all MMOs operate with this basic structure
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to cancel out my sub after the first month >< so guess if the patch comes out i'll take another look at it this month. Doub it would keep me interested though.

Is there any low level group content and from what level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I forgot to cancel out my sub after the first month >< so guess if the patch comes out i'll take another look at it this month. Doub it would keep me interested though.

Is there any low level group content and from what level?
    Dungeons from lvl 15 or so, then there are delves which are soloable from 8