How viable is a Breton templar with a two handed sword, heavy armour and a mixture of weapon abilities to compliment puncturing strikes? Looking to go with the classic 'knight in shining armour' route but without having to be a tank. I don't care about min/max stuff - I just want it to be doable in terms of getting through the leveling experience largely solo.

I have made a templar bow build. Anyone have experiense with it? I feel like the bow dosent do much damage. Im lvl 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I have made a templar bow build. Anyone have experiense with it? I feel like the bow dosent do much damage. Im lvl 12.
    As your skills improve, you'll do more damage with a given weapon.

Ranged weapons in the game deal a bit less than melee at the start to make up for the advantage one has over firing from a distance.

Templars with bows were very popular in beta, and I can say from personal experience they make for an amazing support build.

It works fine for leveling so far ... but im unsure how to max dps in dungeon ... should i range dps or go melee?

It works fine for leveling so far ... but im unsure how to max dps in dungeon ... should i range dps or go melee?
    What are you going for? A ranged build that can avoid damage and help others while firing arrows from afar, or just up close and personal DPS with raw offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    How viable is a Breton templar with a two handed sword, heavy armour and a mixture of weapon abilities to compliment puncturing strikes? Looking to go with the classic 'knight in shining armour' route but without having to be a tank. I don't care about min/max stuff - I just want it to be doable in terms of getting through the leveling experience largely solo.
    Templar 2H would be a breeze to level with, as long as you keep up enough magicka to power puncturing strikes. Go a little heavier magicka than you think you need, as the only problem with that build will be sustaining resources on boss fights. 2H heavy attacks will restore stamina, while staves will restore magicka. I recommend keeping a resto staff in your backpack for endurance fights for that reason (actually for all classes while leveling).

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What are you going for? A ranged build that can avoid damage and help others while firing arrows from afar, or just up close and personal DPS with raw offense?
    Not sure yet .. just wanted a range with bow. So shoting stuff from afar and finishing/keeping mobs away with spears and that javelin melee atack aerie spear has.

So I've reactivated my account this month before it goes F2P just so I can finish the last zones I was missing without them being overcrowded by the F2P masses. I'm actually amazed with all the changes that were made and my tank dragon knight is more fun than ever. I'm currently level 35 and want to give being a werewolf a try since some of their skills seem to synergize well with tanks. Problem is I can't seem to find anyone in game who's willing to bite me and the next full moon is supposedly only in about 6 RL days :S

Any kind werewolf soul out there on EU Aldmeri Dominon who'd be willing to pass me a bite?

On a side note; I was having fun with the new dye system!
    Say hello to IRONMAN

Last edited by I-Thalos-I; 2015-02-05 at 04:32 AM.

Not sure yet .. just wanted a range with bow. So shoting stuff from afar and finishing/keeping mobs away with spears and that javelin melee atack aerie spear has.
    For PvEing to cap, I'd say 2h melee is the way to go.

If your going to do Cyrodill to cap, then definitely stick with bow. Melee get slaughtered in the zergs and ranged come out on top with the most kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Templar 2H would be a breeze to level with, as long as you keep up enough magicka to power puncturing strikes. Go a little heavier magicka than you think you need, as the only problem with that build will be sustaining resources on boss fights. 2H heavy attacks will restore stamina, while staves will restore magicka. I recommend keeping a resto staff in your backpack for endurance fights for that reason (actually for all classes while leveling).
    Ah, thanks! Also, when morphing puncturing strikes should I pick the higher damage to low health targets or the self healing ability? I lean towards the latter since it seems more useful overall for my survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I think that would help out Cyrodill would be updating all the Delves, there are something like 18 in the zone and if they were updated to the same quality increase that the ones in Cold Harbor and the other zones where it would be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Tierbook; 2015-02-05 at 05:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I haven't read the details the justice system. How is it going to affect getting motifs? I assume looting drawers in the bank, etc. is going to be considered theft?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

bow dps is currently one of the IF NOT THE BEST dps in the game atm and snipe is getting even more buffs if you like bow builds keep on it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    bow dps is currently one of the IF NOT THE BEST dps in the game atm and snipe is getting even more buffs if you like bow builds keep on it.
    I really like bow yes. but the thing is i am worried about if Templar "Aeric Spear class spec" is the wrong combination for PVE, because it bow combined with many melee ability?

Edit : I maybe want to try to switch bow out with a melee spec. is shield and 1h viable.. or do you get way more dps out of 2h and DW?

Edit 2 : if i spe cinto dps (Aedric spear) is is possible to go for a 2nd spec later in the game if u want to heal as offspec?
    Last edited by Schalde; 2015-02-05 at 01:31 PM.

I really like bow yes. but the thing is i am worried about if Templar "Aeric Spear class spec" is the wrong combination for PVE, because it bow combined with many melee ability?

Edit : I maybe want to try to switch bow out with a melee spec. is shield and 1h viable.. or do you get way more dps out of 2h and DW?

Edit 2 : if i spe cinto dps (Aedric spear) is is possible to go for a 2nd spec later in the game if u want to heal as offspec?
    I really don't play a temp or have I kept up on the changes on the pts since temps did get a lot of skills buffed/changed. You would have to find some temps to theorycraft with or try the pts.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-02-05 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ah, thanks! Also, when morphing puncturing strikes should I pick the higher damage to low health targets or the self healing ability? I lean towards the latter since it seems more useful overall for my survival.
    I like the self-healing one for leveling/soloing, yeah. I'm using a DW daggers build currently, so using whirling blades as a finisher. With 2H your execute hits very hard, so I'd use that at low health, negating the need for the puncturing strikes crit morph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I haven't read the details the justice system. How is it going to affect getting motifs? I assume looting drawers in the bank, etc. is going to be considered theft?
    You bring it to a fence and he can make it sellable for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    You won't be able to sell bank stuff in the thought that the bank is filled with guards who will bash your face in and taken stolen items
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Well, mostly I'm concerned because I never did get the Daedric or Ancient Elf motifs. Since the main source of acquiring those is looting from places like the banks I just wondered if they're going to be nigh impossible (or ridiculously expensive) to get after the update.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    Reports from top raiding guilds are saying the exact opposite.