1. #3201
    I'm curious if the development of professions in this game will effect later single player TES games. It'd be nice to have a crafting system that's a bit more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  2. #3202
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm curious if the development of professions in this game will effect later single player TES games. It'd be nice to have a crafting system that's a bit more interesting.

    what, you mean crafting 500 daggers to get max level isnt interesting? :P
    Too cool for a signature

  3. #3203
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    16,169
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what, you mean crafting 500 daggers to get max level isnt interesting? :P
    lol i know right

    i love making 1000s of them enchanting them and selling them #profit

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  4. #3204
    Offtopic, but you know what'd be cool? An MMO based on RL. If you want to level your crafting, you give the company evidence that you've been crafting iRL. Pottery, forging, art, whatever. If you want to level your character's strength, you give evidence that you've been going to the gym and you've been increasing your iRL strength. Then those stats translate into a game. Increase intelligence? Read a book.

    Stupid idea I know, but I bet someone could iron out something like that and get a really addicted niche audience.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  5. #3205
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Offtopic, but you know what'd be cool? An MMO based on RL. If you want to level your crafting, you give the company evidence that you've been crafting iRL. Pottery, forging, art, whatever. If you want to level your character's strength, you give evidence that you've been going to the gym and you've been increasing your iRL strength. Then those stats translate into a game. Increase intelligence? Read a book.

    Stupid idea I know, but I bet someone could iron out something like that and get a really addicted niche audience.



    Stupid idea I know

    you got that right...
    Too cool for a signature

  6. #3206
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    you got that right...
    I don't know, if you've ever been to a bodybuilding site you'd see how much dedicated people love comparing their stats. Translate iRL stats into an online avatar and give a way for the avatars to compete and I bet a select group would fawn over that.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  7. #3207
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't know, if you've ever been to a bodybuilding site you'd see how much dedicated people love comparing their stats. Translate iRL stats into an online avatar and give a way for the avatars to compete and I bet a select group would fawn over that.

    a very select group... they wouldn't have many players lol. its honestly one of the worst ideas ive ever heard, about anything.
    Too cool for a signature

  8. #3208
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    a very select group... they wouldn't have many players lol. its honestly one of the worst ideas ive ever heard, about anything.
    Well I won't argue
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  9. #3209
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Offtopic, but you know what'd be cool? An MMO based on RL. If you want to level your crafting, you give the company evidence that you've been crafting iRL. Pottery, forging, art, whatever. If you want to level your character's strength, you give evidence that you've been going to the gym and you've been increasing your iRL strength. Then those stats translate into a game. Increase intelligence? Read a book.

    Stupid idea I know, but I bet someone could iron out something like that and get a really addicted niche audience.
    I think Second Life was all people wanted out of "real life sims". Everything else you could want is handled by The Sims and their 4,243,251 expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  10. #3210
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Offtopic, but you know what'd be cool? An MMO based on RL. If you want to level your crafting, you give the company evidence that you've been crafting iRL. Pottery, forging, art, whatever. If you want to level your character's strength, you give evidence that you've been going to the gym and you've been increasing your iRL strength. Then those stats translate into a game. Increase intelligence? Read a book.

    Stupid idea I know, but I bet someone could iron out something like that and get a really addicted niche audience.
    Haha! My character would be doomed.
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order (NA)

    Tam! RUGH!

  11. #3211
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Haha! My character would be doomed.

    at least mine would eat well, if thats how it works :P
    Too cool for a signature

  12. #3212
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    at least mine would eat well, if thats how it works :P
    I should buy a pc in-game and play MMOs
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  13. #3213
    I guess one downside to TES being an MMO is time won't freeze while I'm reading an in game book. Nothing like picking up a book in a room full of draugr and finish reading it while they are still frozen. Everyone knows reading lore books while standing in a room full of enemies is pretty hard core.
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order (NA)

    Tam! RUGH!

  14. #3214
    Well I guess it just adds to the realism. Kill the draugr and as a reward you get some R&R with a book xD

  15. #3215
    I have a small question...not being on a bethesda website.....or ESO website...why are we forced to enforce the NDA abotu it on mmo-champion....why? I know mmo champion is ''private info website'' but why can't people say what they know.....why does it matter to mmo-champion mods? I always wondered.
    ENGLISH ISNT MY MAIN SPEC
    YOU NOW BREATH CONSCIOUSLY

  16. #3216
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    I have a small question...not being on a bethesda website.....or ESO website...why are we forced to enforce the NDA abotu it on mmo-champion....why? I know mmo champion is ''private info website'' but why can't people say what they know.....why does it matter to mmo-champion mods? I always wondered.
    MMO-C could get in trouble if they don't enforce the NDA. That's why.

    The last thing this site needs is controversy.

  17. #3217
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    MMO-C could get in trouble if they don't enforce the NDA. That's why.

    The last thing this site needs is controversy.
    NDA is a ''legal'' thing .....or just a thing like the eula in wow (that isnt legal worthy)
    ENGLISH ISNT MY MAIN SPEC
    YOU NOW BREATH CONSCIOUSLY

  18. #3218
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    6,696
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    NDA is a ''legal'' thing .....or just a thing like the eula in wow (that isnt legal worthy)
    Potential lawsuits.

  19. #3219
    I am Murloc! Ryngo Blackratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,303
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    NDA is a ''legal'' thing .....or just a thing like the eula in wow (that isnt legal worthy)
    NDAs are extremely serious. Most of the internet has been pretty conditioned not to take written agreements seriously, but there could be extremely large fines and potential site shut downs if NDA breaking was openly supported and allowed here.

    Pretty sure any MMO player with a shred of common sense would agree; that'd be a pretty stupid reason to jeopardize the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling. They don't owe you a thing! You are the one who decides to pay them! It's a fucking video game!

  20. #3220
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    16,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I guess one downside to TES being an MMO is time won't freeze while I'm reading an in game book. Nothing like picking up a book in a room full of draugr and finish reading it while they are still frozen. Everyone knows reading lore books while standing in a room full of enemies is pretty hard core.
    they are very understanding and read there books when u do.

    knowledge is FUS RO DAH!

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •