Can I read comments on experience loss somewhere? That is completely inappropriate.

Not sure what you're talking about. Did TESO announce there's some experience loss when you die? If so, it's not really a big deal, and it stops people from dying willy nilly. Puts some repercussion on it, a tiny amount. I've played MMOs with experience loss before and it made you struggle not to do more so than usual.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no Experience lose when you die. What they are doing instead is the Experience Debt system that can be found in games like City of Heroes. But you will only get Experience Debt when you decide to Rez at the spot you died. You will not get any if you decided to Rez at the nearest Wayshrine instead.

Don't really see how that's completely inappropriate. I don't really feel good or bad about it at all, it's just another thing that makes it different.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least there is some type of death penalty in the game. Not just loss some durability that you just will spend some money on later to fix.

Well here it is just an experience cost, other games it is a monetary one. The real cost is time as it will take time to recoup those losses in either case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw man remained oblivious to the leaked footage till it was ripped, more than obvious it was on very low setting
    the character creation looks insane from what little stuff I could find
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esie View Post
    As a huge fan of TES series, i puked a little in my mouth when I saw that leaked gameplay video.

Bring on TES VI instead.
    TES single-player and MMO are being made independently, by different companies and groups of people, so don't make such posts anymore please. They tend to steer into an ignorant direction.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    You can only repolish and add a new coat of paint to a turn before people finally realize that hey this is still a turd. I hope these new games coming out can do what wow use to do and do it better and keep going in a good direction instead of what wow has done. I don't care what people say Blizzard has sucked ass since activision came into the picture. I cannot speak for everyone but I know a lot of people only play wow Because there isnt another decent option to go to. They need to be ready to step up their game literally with all the new promising games coming out this year alone.
    Not really, every year there is these new cool promising mmo "wow killers", which all, as always, turns out to be shit.

And about the graphics, I was watching some guy called ForceStrategy or whatever, he said the he played the game for 2 hours at PAX, and unfortunately thats what you can expect.

Scource: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ZOHa2HKgs
    Last edited by heltvild; 2013-04-16 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    And about the graphics, I was watching some guy called ForceStrategy or whatever, he said the he played the game for 2 hours at PAX, and unfortunately thats what you can expect.

Scource: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ZOHa2HKgs
    I'm a big fan of Force and when I heard that I thought the same thing but I'm not entirely sure he meant graphically, he does say 'how the game looks' but then proceeds to only talk about gameplay (which has also been a concern of many after the leaked footage) and doesn't mention graphics.

Again I'm not saying he definitely didn't mean graphically, I'm just personally unsure as I've heard others say the quality at PAX was better, but it is likely he did mean visually.

Deleted
    I saw this video you guys posted and I have to say that the graphics look like crap. Sure it is possible that they reduced their graphics for the beta but nonetheless it looks like garbage.

I don´t know but I am not a big fan of this ES MMO type and I would definitely prefer ES:VI any day. Yeah sure they are being produced by different Bethesda studios and Zenimax but still Bethesda is Bethesda so if this MMO flops then this will have repercussions for the SP ES games.

Oh and I don´t see ES MMO as "WoW-killer" or game that gets even close to WoW much like the other MMOs that were released in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Oh and I don´t see ES MMO as "WoW-killer" or game that gets even close to WoW much like the other MMOs that were released in the last couple of years.
    Cool story.
    No one else thinks it is either (at least people who aren't trolling).

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    What they are doing instead is the Experience Debt system that can be found in games like City of Heroes. But you will only get Experience Debt when you decide to Rez at the spot you died. You will not get any if you decided to Rez at the nearest Wayshrine instead.
    It's good to see some sort of death penalty is making its way back into MMO gaming. Besides, I don't see people throwing fits over it in POE.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-16 at 11:05 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It's good to see some sort of death penalty is making its way back into MMO gaming. Besides, I don't see people throwing fits over it in POE.
    My favourite death system so far has been DAoC, you lost xp and a grave would appear where you died so you could run back to pray to get some of the xp back, many hilarious moments when people die on the way to their graves.

The leaked video was set in a place we haven't been to in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. So there isn't as much of a point of reference to Elder Scrolls as there would have been if, say, the video was set in Skyrim. Then I could understand people saying, oh that doesn't look like ES at all just some generic Fantasy MMO.

Also, the character voicing is incomplete with a lot of placeholders. So don't judge the final product off that one video. It's still very early and needs to be polished more.

I'm sure there will be more leaked videos in the future as well. I don't think ZOS can completely stop that from happening (unless maybe they sue the pants off this guy).

When the game goes in to open beta, if it looks bad to you by then... well I can't say you are wrong to complain.

At this point though, the game needs constructive criticism so ZOS developers can work on improving it before it goes in to open beta. And not just "it looks generic".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    "WoW-killer" or game that gets even close to WoW much like the other MMOs that were released in the last couple of years.
    There will never be a "WoW-killer". Extreme content-heavy, kitchen-sink, highly social games like that cannot be killed off by competition because it is impossible to develop a game with all those attributes from scratch. It would be like having a combined Google-Windows-Facebook software suddenly released tomorrow. Also, by the time you did release such a thing, the world and your customers would almost have certainly changed dramatically.

Art and software like WoW can only be killed off by their creators or sliced away niche-by-niche.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-16 at 12:20 PM.

I find it astonishing that 99% of the responses to the leaked video discuss only the graphics and animations - and not the actual playing and questing. Graphics are candy - it's nice, but you can't live on it. The real sustenance of a game comes from the story, quests, gameplay, combat, etc., not the graphics. Of course that doesn't mean graphics are irrelevant, just less less important than other things. It's no surprise that we see a massive resurgence of old to very old games re-released now; despite their antiquated, and sometimes outright ludicrously underwhelming, graphics, these games continue to compel players through their actual gameplay.

Ultimately, no matter how pretty a game is, it has to be fun to PLAY, not to look at. And that's my biggest concern with TESO at the moment. Of course, we don't know an awful lot about the details yet, so the verdict is still very much out there - but it's a concern nevertheless, and something that I personally will keep an eye out for.

Deleted
    Since when did Graphics = Quality of gaming enjoyment? That's the rule I've always stood by and you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    There will never be a "WoW-killer". Extreme content-heavy, kitchen-sink, highly social games like that cannot be killed off by competition because it is impossible to develop a game with all those attributes from scratch. It would be like having a combined Google-Windows-Facebook software suddenly released tomorrow. Also, by the time you did release such a thing, the world and your customers would almost have certainly changed dramatically.

Art and software like WoW can only be killed off by their creators or sliced away niche-by-niche.
    WoW is already declining. The MMO market isnt growing if you ask me. The same players are getting shuffled from game to game and players who used to play 3 or 4 years ago no longer play MMO's. There wont be a single game that competes with WoW. Its gonna be a combination of different games. Especially games that can launch both in the East and West successfully. Since WoW gets the majority of its subs from Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I find it astonishing that 99% of the responses to the leaked video discuss only the graphics and animations - and not the actual playing and questing. Graphics are candy - it's nice, but you can't live on it. The real sustenance of a game comes from the story, quests, gameplay, combat, etc., not the graphics. Of course that doesn't mean graphics are irrelevant, just less less important than other things. It's no surprise that we see a massive resurgence of old to very old games re-released now; despite their antiquated, and sometimes outright ludicrously underwhelming, graphics, these games continue to compel players through their actual gameplay.

Ultimately, no matter how pretty a game is, it has to be fun to PLAY, not to look at. And that's my biggest concern with TESO at the moment. Of course, we don't know an awful lot about the details yet, so the verdict is still very much out there - but it's a concern nevertheless, and something that I personally will keep an eye out for.
    Did you watch the video? There is no story to discuss, and hardly any gameplay or combat.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Did you watch the video? There is no story to discuss, and hardly any gameplay or combat.
    My point exactly. You make a new character, step out into the world, and (for now at least) nothing happens. Now, of course I know that TES has always been very sandbox-y, but I also know that for most new players, the starting experience is VERY crucial. Heck, even Skyrim had some action right off the bat, with that dragon attack!

Now, there is of course the persistent argument of "this is a TES game, that's how TES games are" - and let me say that while this game is definitely TES, it does add another letter. MMOs work differently from single player games, and they attract a wider range of people. You can't just port over a game concept 1:1 from SP and expect it to work in MP.

But again, the usual caveat: we don't know a whole lot, and the video may well have misrepresented. So far though, derpy play and out-dated graphics aside, there just isn't anything interesting to be seen that makes me want to play the game.