So, I'm to lazy to see if this was mentioned already, but a recent interview indicated that they might do player made content and mods in the future. A question posed to the ESO folks was about mods and the ES modding community being so large was replied with "At first, we will just allow UI mods."

But, that At first part seems to indicate they have a plan in mind.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    So, I'm to lazy to see if this was mentioned already, but a recent interview indicated that they might do player made content and mods in the future. A question posed to the ESO folks was about mods and the ES modding community being so large was replied with "At first, we will just allow UI mods."

But, that At first part seems to indicate they have a plan in mind.
    Doubt it. Everything except graphics and ui will affect gameplay, and no one will allow players to control gameplay. How do you imagine players creating items, dungeons, houses, locations, quests? There will be no balance. Or they could allow that only if they add HUGE restrictions, which in turn will not be like other TES games too. So I really don't see a point to add mods like that to an MMORPG.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2013-06-09 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Doubt it. Everything except graphics and ui will affect gameplay, and no one will allow players to control gameplay. How do you imagine players creating items, dungeons, houses, locations, quests? There will be no balance. Or they could allow that only if they add HUGE restrictions, which in turn will not be like other TES games too. So I really don't see a point to add mods like that to an MMORPG.
    Well, EQ2 has a dungeon creator and housing and it was done well.
    SWG had player housing and quests. SWG's player housing had one issue, was that you can shove it anywhere in the world. If it was a bit more restrictive it wouldn't have some of the griefing issues.
    No game that I know of has 'creating item' / locations.

You can make it happen, if anything for creating items, may as well be aesthetics which doesn't matter really.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Will it even exist in the time period that ESO is set? I'd laugh if the town that does exist during ESO's time period also gets burnt to the ground.
    Don't crush my hopes and dreams.

Player housing in common sense isn't really like housing in modding community of TES. If there will be player housing, it will be more like a feature, not a mod. What I meant to say, is that they will never add modding tool from single-player to an mmo game.

Not familiar with the dungeon creator in EQ, but I guess it has a tool for that, which means it's a feature, not a mod. The modding of TES games gives access to game files and lets you mod them. This will never be allowed, and it is what the players are asking for.

All they've said so far about Mods is that they are starting with the UI. They haven't made a decision yet on whether or not they are going to allow other types of mods in the game. We'll have to wait and see. There are more things to take into consideration with how mods affect the game with an MMO than with the single player games. You can't allow mods that would give unfair advantages, allow players to grief others or cause issues with lag and how the game renders. Seems more complex than one would think. I'm sure if it's something they can do, they'll eventually add it. Right now they seem to be focusing on having the core components of the game ready for launch. They can always add in cool stuff like player housing later on.

Deleted
    Instancing game "mods" or player-built questlines in an ingame-editor with optional texture/model upload and easy-to-learn script-language

wouldn't allow gamebreaking mods in the "real" world, but might add some intrestingt content to the game.
    EQ2/STO/Neverwinter did something like this before, but with a very suboptimal execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Instancing game "mods" or player-built questlines in an ingame-editor with optional texture/model upload and easy-to-learn script-language

wouldn't allow gamebreaking mods in the "real" world, but might add some intrestingt content to the game.
    EQ2/STO/Neverwinter did something like this before, but with a very suboptimal execution.
    Pathfinder Online from Goblinworks is hoping to let players create player made content and SELL it to other players (which would be an awesome thing if that were their payment model, the cut from player sold content).

A full scale construction kit would be awesome.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    Pathfinder Online from Goblinworks is hoping to let players create player made content and SELL it to other players (which would be an awesome thing if that were their payment model, the cut from player sold content).

A full scale construction kit would be awesome.
    I wouldn't got that far ... "tips" in ingame currency or a reputation system with special rewards (mount, appearance, whatever ... ) would be enough. Just a system that offers enough to encourage building great suff, but nothing gamebreaking.

I wonder about combat in the game. The Elder Scrolls aren't known for their amazing combat systems, tho they are pretty organic. I think the simplicity of the combat was something that made me get bored of Skyrim after a while, tho it was better than Oblivion. I prefer Oblivion tho since it was my first Elder Scrolls game, and i loved the setting. Cyrodill is very beautiful.

I wonder if they will make towns in Cyrodill neutral, or at least the inside of them. That way you could see friends and the opposite faction without having to fight them. There are plenty of forts, so they could have some PvP there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I wonder about combat in the game. The Elder Scrolls aren't known for their amazing combat systems, tho they are pretty organic. I think the simplicity of the combat was something that made me get bored of Skyrim after a while, tho it was better than Oblivion. I prefer Oblivion tho since it was my first Elder Scrolls game, and i loved the setting. Cyrodill is very beautiful.

I wonder if they will make towns in Cyrodill neutral, or at least the inside of them. That way you could see friends and the opposite faction without having to fight them. There are plenty of forts, so they could have some PvP there.
    The NPCs within the cities of Cyrodiil are neutral to all players, but there will be guards in the city that are apart of whatever faction holds the nearest keep. So say that the keep near Burma is owned by the Ebonheart Pact, I could still sneak into the city as a Daggerfall Covenant player, but I would have to watch out walking within the city, because the guards within it are owned by the Ebonheart Pact. There is no "Neutral Town" in Cyrodiil where you can just hangout with people. The whole zone is 100% PvP everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Will it even exist in the time period that ESO is set? I'd laugh if the town that does exist during ESO's time period also gets burnt to the ground.
    i dont know the city but the game is set in the 2nd era year 582 i do believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    The NPCs within the cities of Cyrodiil are neutral to all players, but there will be guards in the city that are apart of whatever faction holds the nearest keep. So say that the keep near Burma is owned by the Ebonheart Pact, I could still sneak into the city as a Daggerfall Covenant player, but I would have to watch out walking within the city, because the guards within it are owned by the Ebonheart Pact. There is no "Neutral Town" in Cyrodiil where you can just hangout with people. The whole zone is 100% PvP everywhere.
    I see, thanks for the explanation.

I have to admit that makes me a little sad. I wanted to be able to see some of my favorite cites in Cyrodill in peace (Anvil, Skingard, Chorrol). I still wish there was some neutral area to see other races. I think I could have preferred that the alliances aren't limited by race but you choose which one and go through their story, but lore-wise that wouldn't make much sense probably.

E3 starts tomorrow. I'm wondering what new things we will find out about ESO. So very excited. I wish I had tickets... sadly, I do not.

Short Matt Firor interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuk53Vv6yHk

And, in case anyone has missed it, M'Aiq is on Twitter: https://twitter.com/maiqtweets I believe this is a fan run site but I'm not 100% sure on that. He mostly posts things he says in the single player games.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-06-10 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ooh... the website is down for maintenance as of a minute ago =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ooh... the website is down for maintenance as of a minute ago =P
    My spidey senses tell me something big is going to be announced.
    (or they're just updating the forum software or whatever)

Deleted
    Is TESO up at E3? If so when?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Is TESO up at E3? If so when?
    according to a reddit post:

All times listed are Pacific.
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    Tuesday, June 11th
    GameTrailers TV — 10:30am (I actually saw it listed as anytime between 10 and 11 so I'd watch the whole hour if you want to be safe) - http://www.gametrailers.com/e3

Wednesday, June 12th
    Revision3– 10 am - http://revision3.com/e3
    Machinima — 1 pm - http://www.machinima.com/
    Gamespot – 4:40 pm - http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

Thursday, June 13th
    IGN — 10:40 am - http://www.ign.com/events/e3
    Twitch.TV — 11:25 am - http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Coming to ps4 spring 2014! I just knew TESO would be cross platform

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Coming to ps4 spring 2014! I just knew TESO would be cross platform
    There was nothing said about the game being cross platform whatsoever. Nothing was mentioned about PC players playing with PS4 players.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics