10+ Year Old Account
    Tamriel Foundry is a nice website, but they haven't updated their FAQ in a long time and some of it is a bit out-of-date. Honestly I think the best place to get information is to go on the unofficial "official" ESO forums and ask for information there. I know I always giving people replies back to their concerns on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Tamriel Foundry is a nice website, but they haven't updated their FAQ in a long time and some of it is a bit out-of-date. Honestly I think the best place to get information is to go on the unofficial "official" ESO forums and ask for information there. I know I always giving people replies back to their concerns on there.
    Oddly enough Twitter is also a decent place to find out information on ESO.

Anyway, for what it's worth, these are some of the other sites that I have bookmarked and check regularly for updates on ESO:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/190...al-discussion/

http://www.bethblog.com/

http://www.tesof.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline

http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/

http://shadowedmare.com/

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-07-05 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    when GW2 was in NDA, there was way way way more information.
    There really wasn't. You just gotta know where to look. There is a crap tone of ESO information across the internet.

Up to and including a leaked client.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got a new PC and been out of the loop for a while, holy shit that ESO footage looked AMAZING.

I literally came when I saw they put in the magic system from oblivion, you can wield your weapon/shield or dual weapon and still cast magic on the fly. Fuck. Yes. I love these devs! #1 thing I hated about Skyrim was magic replaced your weapons.

Now I feel like playing a new char on Oblivion.. also does anyone think they will put Maiq the liar in ESO>

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I just got a new PC and been out of the loop for a while, holy shit that ESO footage looked AMAZING.

I literally came when I saw they put in the magic system from oblivion, you can wield your weapon/shield or dual weapon and still cast magic on the fly. Fuck. Yes. I love these devs! #1 thing I hated about Skyrim was magic replaced your weapons.

Now I feel like playing a new char on Oblivion.. also does anyone think they will put Maiq the liar in ESO>
    M'aiq (or his ancestor named M'aiq) is confirmed to be in ESO.

Deleted
    They are keeping such a tight lid on this, they need to give us some information to keep us excited/interested.

I could give some info, but Zenimax will hunt me down and beat me up if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by osprey1 View Post
    They are keeping such a tight lid on this, they need to give us some information to keep us excited/interested.
    yes, I'm very annoyed by this...

I even like the fact that they pushed the game back, I mean, if that means the game is going to be better, I'm all for it.
    But please oh please, just give us AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT MORE of info. FFS, anything will do...

Deleted
    New Beta invites out today. Check your spam folders.

and when did they change the beta application from an actual application form with various questions and system specs to .... this ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

and when did they change the beta application from an actual application form with various questions and system specs to .... this ?
    When the announced they were putting the games on consoles.

Maybe they'll release more information when they see what they are up against on August 2nd (EQ:Next) and FF14 has released. I imagine they have to be calculating in regards to their mmo surroundings.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    So I keep hearing people around the internet saying stuff like "ESO ISN'T AN MMO ANYMORE IT'S JUST SKYRIM ONLINE!". Where are they getting this from? Did the devs say something like this or are people just spewing nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    So I keep hearing people around the internet saying stuff like "ESO ISN'T AN MMO ANYMORE IT'S JUST SKYRIM ONLINE!". Where are they getting this from? Did the devs say something like this or are people just spewing nonsense?
    The devs said something akin to it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    The devs said something akin to it.
    ^

They said they wanted it to be like a multiplayer experience of ES series as opposed to an MMO. Which... sounds kinda stupid to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    ^

They said they wanted it to be like a multiplayer experience of ES series as opposed to an MMO. Which... sounds kinda stupid to be honest.
    To me, it sounds like a way of making an MMO and trying to not be held to MMO standards.

To me, it sounds like a way of making an MMO and trying to not be held to MMO standards.
    I like this idea. We'll have to see what happens though, and what all of this entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

well this confuses me. When i tried to apply to the old one, it said I was already registered, and I check my email and got confirmation back in January, just never an invite.
    Tried again with that new one and it registered me again.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2013-07-10 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    ^

So basically they're going to kill all of the good parts of the ES experience to make it play nice with multiplayer but not really go all in on the MMO part. Leading to a watered down experience of a game that isn't really an ES game or an MMO? Sounds like a great plan to me lol

Really though if they aren't making it to be an MMO it should have just been a co-op game
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-07-10 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    So basically they're going to kill all of the good parts of the ES experience to make it play nice with multiplayer but not really go all in on the MMO part. Leading to a watered down experience of a game that isn't really an ES game or an MMO? Sounds like a great plan to me lol

Really though if they aren't making it to be an MMO it should have just been a co-op game
    They don't want the, extremely jaded and negative, MMO crowd. They would rather have the 10,000,000+ skyrim players. The mmo crowd is small compared to the rest of the gaming world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's an online persistent world where a large amount of players group up to complete objectives right? The devs can spin it any way they want, it's still an MMO. I don't know what they actually said, but what I THINK (or hope) they were meaning to say was that they want their MMO to FEEL like a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game.

They don't want the, extremely jaded and negative, MMO crowd. They would rather have the 10,000,000+ skyrim players. The mmo crowd is small compared to the rest of the gaming world.
    I am actually not surprised with ZMO current stance on TES as a multi player game. I was quietly expecting it since they announced the game last year.

Well you have to understand that quite a large portion of the TES fan base has probably never played an MMO before. Most of the TES fan base are either RPG fans or hardcore RPG players.

This argument may be subjective, but I feel Blizzard screwed up the MMO genre for good. So any game studio who plans on coming out with an MMO in the near future, pretty much has to dumb down their game to even compete with WoW.

Even if you spend a few minutes browsing these forums, you will often see people looking for the next MMO that has an active and competitive raiding scene with their sole focus being on end game. That is the main thing they seem to be looking for. Their main focus is the end game.

But The Elder Scrolls has never been about the "end game". Its always been about, the "journey being the destination". Even ZMO kinda confirmed that they would not be any large scale raids the size we have in WoW. They have their own version called adventure zones with smaller groups.

The Elder Scrolls has always been about living and experiencing the game world through your character. Its about exploring, adventure and the finer details that let you be who you want to be and do what you want to do.

Gamers these days often have a very single minded approach to MMOs. In their heads, MMOs fail if they don't have any end game. So they will not bother coming back or even giving it any time or chance to succeed.

TESO are doing something truly unique that has not been done as far as I know. They ain't or don't want to categorise themselves as an MMO. I think that is what these big upcoming games are doing as well. Even "Destiny"; if you've watched their initial videos; Bungie has not categorised Destiny as an MMO. They basically call it a game with multilayer elements. And the reason for this current direction is the bad choices the current MMO games and studios have made in their greed for more money.

Every game that has come out after WoW, has fallen off the grid or failed to pick up cause its hard trying to compete with WoW that has a very easy and face rolling grind to end game. Every new MMO that has come out in the last few years have had to implement a LFD system similar to WoW so that they can keep hold of their subscribers only cause they wouldn't bother playing their games without such convenience.

From what we've heard and seen and the information coming out from ZMO, I am pretty sure their target audience isn't the MMO crowd. Its more the The Elder Scrolls fans. That could also be their reasoning to having the game on consoles. And again it isn't anything different Bungie is doing with Destiny.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-07-10 at 02:01 AM.