Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Ah so you talked about Rift. Well, you might have a point on them, but as they are very small part of the game play, and we know nothing about any possible changes, I reserve my judgment on them for when the game come out.
    Yes, just an example.

But what you say is a problem. I cant reserve judgement. There is an nda active still, and they are linking real in game consequences to the pre preorder and ce.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, what? 3 combat styles? Tab targeting? Did I miss something?
    I meant on the combat gameplay, there is 3 options.. a game can go A- Tab target (wow, rift, swtor), B- Hybrid (gw2), C- Action Combat (Tera).

So a new game will always "ripped off" the combat gameplay as there is not a lot of possibilities. But he talked about the Rift so whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Yes, just an example.

But what you say is a problem. I cant reserve judgement. There is an nda active still, and they are linking real in game consequences to the pre preorder and ce.
    You have until the day before the release to pre-order. I'm sure the NDA will be lifted by that date, as they'll have an open beta. So nothing to worry.. I decided to pre-order cause I have faith and I know I'll like it enough to sub for a while, but nothing force you to pre-order now. Wait until the open beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I meant on the combat gameplay, there is 3 options.. a game can go A- Tab target (wow, rift, swtor), B- Hybrid (gw2), C- Action Combat (Tera).

So a new game will always "ripped off" the combat gameplay as there is not a lot of possibilities. But he talked about the Rift so whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

You have until the day before the release to pre-order. I'm sure the NDA will be lifted by that date, as they'll have an open beta. So nothing to worry.. I decided to pre-order cause I have faith and I know I'll like it enough to sub for a while, but nothing force you to pre-order now. Wait until the open beta.
    actually you can get the digital upgrade at any point after launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    actually you can get the digital upgrade at any point after launch

Yeah you are right. But not the pre-order bonus, tho (play any race in any alliance).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    What lessons? And what mistakes did those games make?
    Just to pick one example, dark anchors.

A limited number per zone, in fixed locations, only scaling up to a low number of players.

Lessons from rift and gw2, this will result in zergs farming them if the rewards are worth doing them. On a schedule, and over powering them. Will remove any spontaneity, and feel very artificial.

Needs to scale better, needs to be a large enough number per zone that its unpredictable where they are active. Also, travel time needs to be thought about, other wise you end up with queensdale zerg trains from gw2.

Deleted
    So it seems u cant rob people or steal stuff. They should make something for that, im sure alot of players like that way of playing.
    Maybe adding a bounty system? When you get caught stealing, you get a bounty for X minutes. If not, ur skill increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    So it seems u cant rob people or steal stuff. They should make something for that, im sure alot of players like that way of playing.
    Maybe adding a bounty system? When you get caught stealing, you get a bounty for X minutes. If not, ur skill increases.
    This kind of stuff might happen when they introduce the thief guild, dark brotherhood and justice content. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh yeah, rape is totally ok to toss about, deify, and generally overlook because this is fiction. No matter how many times you capitalize a word, you are still a large part of what is wrong with rape culture across the globe. I didn't even want to get into particulars, but as usual people get their jollies from trashing people who have morals on the internet that I just couldn't let it slide. Believe it or not, the reason why things get out of control (like in India) are from people covering their ears going la la la it's just fiction, so it's ok. Thanks for contributing to the problem. /rantoff
    I guess we should ban all books that have rape in them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not ripped from these games, but the combat is functionally the same as Dragon Nest, Dragon's Prophet, Vindictus, Tera, RaiderZ, and a few other action combat MMO's that do not feature targeting.
    Last I checked, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim have all featured a combat system without targeting, and one where you can play in first person mode. I personally have never played any of the aforementioned in third person mode, even in melee.

So, unless I've missed something completely, Elder Scrolls Online simply continues the 12 year tradition of Elder Scrolls games in how it's combat works, and doesn't "copy" it from an MMO. I mean sure, there may be tweaks to make it work for consoles, and tweaks to make it more fluid, but if we're talking about having a combat system without targeting, that's what Elder Scrolls are all about, and there's no reason to even mention other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Markrain1 View Post
    A paywall is something that prevents you access to something unless you pay money. A CE-exclusive race is most definitely a paywall. Grats on convincing yourself of that though, that takes some first rate denial.
    By your extreme definition of paywall, then EVERYTHING in Deluxe/Collectors Editions are paywalls. Mounts, pets, etc., none of them are "accessible" to people who do not buy the CE version unless they pay for it. Do you know how silly you sound?
    Last edited by corebit; 2014-02-02 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I guess we should ban all books that have rape in them as well.
    Yeah, ban rape books, but leave Fifty Shades of Gray. Because rape is bad, but S/M is good.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    but if we're talking about having a combat system without targeting, that's what Elder Scrolls are all about,
    Not really.
    http://www.tesoelite.com/2013/04/com...stem-overview/
    The Elder Scrolls Online has a soft-lock targeting system. This means that even if you swing your sword at multiple enemies, only the selected target will actually take damage. While this is valid for single target attacks, the area of effect abilities will affect all the targets within their AOE radius. Both targeting and interaction with the environment will be done using a mouse-enabled reticle. The only way a soft-locked target can avoid getting hit is by executing an evasion or dodge move. Additionally, players will be able to focus an enemy using hard-lock targeting.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim have all featured a combat system without targeting, and one where you can play in first person mode. I personally have never played any of the aforementioned in third person mode, even in melee.

So, unless I've missed something completely, Elder Scrolls Online simply continues the 12 year tradition of Elder Scrolls games in how it's combat works, and doesn't "copy" it from an MMO. I mean sure, there may be tweaks to make it work for consoles, and tweaks to make it more fluid, but if we're talking about having a combat system without targeting, that's what Elder Scrolls are all about, and there's no reason to even mention other MMOs.
    Yep. And it is one feature which will turn off a lot of PC MMO players. I never liked the other Elder Scrolls games because of the UI and how the controls worked. So if you like that, then go for it. Myself, no way I am buying the game, let alone the CE until they have open beta so I can see how it is then. Because the way the game is for open beta, you can rest assured it is the way it will be for release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Not really.
    You can't hit several targets with a swing in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim can you? Actually it might be possible, can't really remember, because those situations are somewhat rare. Also, as far as ranged goes, the aforementioned have always needed a mod to have real hitboxes in ranged combat anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Wait a min. When was that post made? From all the videos I have seen and the news from walk thrus, you can not move the reticle separately from the center of the screen while moving and in combat. You can only move it when you talk to a NPC...in the inventory, char sheet, quest log..etc. In other words you have to move your char around to target a mob with the reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Wait a min. When was that post made? From all the videos I have seen and the news from walk thrus, you can not move the reticle separately from the center of the screen while moving and in combat. You can only move it when you talk to a NPC...in the inventory, char sheet, quest log..etc. In other words you have to move your char around to target a mob with the reticle.
    The reticle doesn't move, but once you highlight an enemy then your abilities will hit him even if you aim a bit off.

You can't hit several targets with a swing in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim can you? Actually it might be possible, can't really remember, because those situations are somewhat rare. Also, as far as ranged goes, the aforementioned have always needed a mod to have real hitboxes in ranged combat anyways.
    You could... that's how I managed to accidentally hit guards in Morrowind. You learned not to help them out. lol Same for Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    The reticle doesn't move, but once you highlight an enemy then your abilities will hit him even if you aim a bit off.
    So how is that suppose to be better than auto attack?

Eh? You have to be looking at the enemy, and every attack has to be fired instead of auto attacks?
    Also, notice i said a bit off, not just looking at the general direction of the enemy.

targetting and auto attack arent the same thing