Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So.. If I want to max my Let's take an example: Armor+Weapon crafting, I will be weaker in combat? Lame ><
    I think its just skill points into small passive crafting bonuses, but generally you'll want to save putting points into any crafting skill until you're happy with your combat skills. The rate that you can get skill points though is similar to GW2's. I.E 1 skill Point for a level, 3 skyshards for a skill point, and i think some skill books may reward some.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But we know of the beta testers which matched the public opinion the most 3 months after release. Many of the issues they complained about turned out to be true. This is why they need to pay close attention to the beta tester's complaints for ESO. Not wait and let the public test it after release. :P
    Many turned out to be true, many turned out to be false. Developers need to weed out actual criticism from nonsense.

Is there a limit to the available skill points?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Many turned out to be true, many turned out to be false. Developers need to weed out actual criticism from nonsense.
    The results were clear which were when you go from 1.7 million subs to less than 500k after 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Is there a limit to the available skill points?
    I think there's a finite number that can be obtained in game (I think the skyshards are fixed). Based on how the skill system is set up, I'm guessing a limit is there.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The results were clear when you go from 1.7 million subs to less than 500k after 6 months.
    In July 2012, about 5-6 months after release they were at about 1 million subs. Regardless, it is just a trend most MMOs take after release, this is true even for WoW's recent expansions (Look at Cata and MoP). Market is too saturated to see growth.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Playstyle preference. I prefer to be out in the world completing quests and exploring. Crafting is something I don't want to spend a lot of time doing, so I'd rather know in advance what mats to collect/buy, go into a city, do some crafting, and then get the heck back out again.
    Well you will be happy to know that you only discover for Alchemy, just like Skyrim. The rest is recipe dropped in random Lockboxes/crates/urns and pots. Blacksmith/tailor and woodwork have no recipe drops apart from racial styles, So there's no gw2's discover system for them, Thank god :P

The ESO experience is nowhere near as bad as the negative commentary would have you believe. Now, maybe after I've played it a few months I might change my tune, when the 'honeymoon' period has diminished and flaws start to become glaringly apparent, but based only on a few days of play I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    GW2's crafting was never meant to have in depth and complex crafting. I thought cooking was very cool though.
    Cooking was the only remotely enjoyable craft in GW2. I regret (as I always do) leveling up any of the other professions. Huge, pointless money sink, only barely justified 1.5 years later with the addition of ascended gear.

I don't know anything about ESO's crafting though and I barely remember it from Skyrim. Unfortunately, crafting in every MMO I've played has always amounted to the same thing: tons of money & resources wasted to level something that is more often than not completely useless.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    In July 2012, about 5-6 months after release they were at about 1 million subs. Regardless, it is just a trend most MMOs take after release, this is true even for WoW's recent expansions (Look at Cata and MoP). Market is too saturated to see growth.
    By late July they were down to less than 500k. Why you think they went to FTP? If they had continued to have enough subs then no need. The same will happen to ESO if they do not maintain a certain level of subs. Those who switch to a FTP model do it because they lost too many subs to make it sub only profitable. In my opinion, the complaints for ESO should concern them more than the fan boy praises they get.

By late July they were down to less than 500k. Why you think they went to FTP? If they had continued to have enough subs then no need. The same will happen to ESO if they do not maintain a certain level of subs. Those who switch to a FTP model do it because they lost too many subs to make it sub only profitable. In my opinion, the complaints for ESO should concern them more than the fan boy praises they get.
    SWTOR went F2P in Nov '12. In June '12 they stated they had about 1 million subscribers, but they probably saw the trend of massive decline in subs and knew what is coming. And I agree that developers need to take criticism, but they need to take it from people that actually played the game. And even within that they need to filter out nonsense, and take actual feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You'll really only end up weaker in combat if you try to max out all the professions, based on what I'm reading
    Not saying this IS how it is (as that WOULD be NDA breaking) but think about what it was like in Skyrim, you'd level up by getting a full level in any one of several skills including simple speachcraft from buying/selling items.
    The game still levelled up the mobs to match your new "prowess" even if the skill you levelled up wasn't a combat based one.

That COULD be what they mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    I'm sure that TESO will lose a lot of subscribers after an initial honeymoon period, but from what I heard SWTOR had a problem with servers feeling empty when subscribers left, making the game more boring for those left behind and snowballing the issue. TESO shouldn't have that problem.

Deleted
    they have a huge marketing machine, they read this stuff, they know what they're doing.
    They knew what they were doing when they released the IE with the extra race, the numbers kind of prove it ...

swtor made some huge mistakes down the line ... like buying an unfinished engine and then completely rewrite it, opening a huge amount of servers at start that became deserted very quickly and made even more people quite because of the empty servers, the lack of endgame options, etc.

let's just hope the guys over at zenimax don't fuck up.

well I'll just say this for Zenimax's defense, they do seem to listen. They have made a bunch of improvements and additions due to player feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR went F2P in Nov '12. In June '12 they stated they had about 1 million subscribers, but they probably saw the trend of massive decline in subs and knew what is coming. And I agree that developers need to take criticism, but they need to take it from people that actually played the game. And even within that they need to filter out nonsense, and take actual feedback.
    In June...maybe...but by late July, they knew they had dropped waay below that. They tried their best to mislead with artificial numbers, by not releasing actual numbers, but instead estimate bull crap. It was in August I think they announced the FTP model? And yes, they need to take the criticism from those who have played the game. But they pretty much ignored them for the most part, as it turned out. Many left because of the same complaints the testers complained to them about. Same will be for ESO. Many have complained about the UI and control method. Which is like Skyrim from what I have heard and seen in videos. This will turn off some PC users. More than just a few too. Console players are use to that style however.

Many have complained about the UI and control method. Which is like Skyrim from what I have heard and seen in videos. This will turn off some PC users. More than just a few too. Console players are use to that style however.
    I am a PC player and I prefer minimal UI and so do many others. So instead of people saying why they don't like the UI they need more info as to exactly why they don't like it. Do you need more info? Do you want a minimap? etc. But with complaints like this, I am sure addons can help with it.

Gamebreaking bugs are the most important (see SWTOR engine and combat animation lag). I am sure ESO has some of those they need to focus on first, UI is irrelevant to the overall picture of success.

the minimal UI is a strength of the game in my opinion

the game has the potential of being the most immersive mmo to date and a large part of that is the minimal UI

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    How that actually plays out at endgame I don't know. It's hard to say from what we know so far - and what we're allowed to talk about.
    I think a dev said that we'd likely have more than enough points to get basically everything.... eventually. Not sure how true that is, or if it wasn't just their own idea that wasn't getting put in fully =/

If there are enough skyshards, beasties to kill, places to find and we get more skill points through other means I could easily see getting enough points and skills to turn a nightblade into a tank and healer when needed while mastering at least one crafting skill within the first few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a PC player and I prefer minimal UI and so do many others. So instead of people saying why they don't like the UI they need more info as to exactly why they don't like it. Do you need more info? Do you want a minimap? etc. But with complaints like this, I am sure addons can help with it.

Gamebreaking bugs are the most important (see SWTOR engine and combat animation lag). I am sure ESO has some of those they need to focus on first, UI is irrelevant to the overall picture of success.
    I disagree the UI is irrelevant to some players. For some, it is critical and why pay for a game...sub and then wait for modders to come up hopefully with one you like? Dumb. And yeah, game breaking bugs are critical to fix. And for a side note. SWTOR played smoothly for me even with all the settings to max. But I do know it was a concern for some. One of my big complaints about it was the feeling you were on a rail in the game. Did not have the freedom to explore like you can in most other MMO's. But that was only one of many. The UI however was never a concern for me. Even today, I love how you can customize it in SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    ESO stress test this weekend, I believe?

I'm not sure why this would be posted here though.
    I coulnd find the section for betakey questions.
    ESO > Videogame > Videogame section.