10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    That's not the point. The point is that is better to have just a text telling you why you are killing them and then experiencing an amazing combat than having an amazing voice actor telling you why to kill the pirates but then experience a dull and boring combat. If we can have both the actor and the amazing combat... hell yes! but right now TESO has the amazing voice actor and the dull combat.
    I find the combat in ESO to be 200% more entertaining than WoW. To each their own.

Yeah it's more story oriented so more RPG, less MMO.

instead of MMORPG, i'd call this mmoRPG.

Unless you look to be more immersed in story while being online with others around for PVP and stuff, it's bad.
    If you look for exactly that, do quests especially and get into the story and leveling and have dungeons/pvp from the side with people, it can last for some time, until you experience all the zones and quests I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's up with those 30 minute loading times. That's insane

for the 9001th time, long loading times is because of the heavy server load during this huge stresstest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    It is intentional, the idea of a stress test weekend is to try and break the system.

Deleted
    The servers are stressed....

It was literally a 10 second loading screen at max for me last beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda: When Tamriel is ashes...you have my permission to log off.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Silly me, I thought they want players actually to try and test the game and they want them to stare on logging in screen. Anyway this game is probably not for me. I like when there is some more movement on my screen besides rotating circle with message "requesting character load"

Deleted
    Silly me, I thought they want players actually to try and test the game and they want them to stare on logging in screen. Anyway this game is probably not for me. I like when there is some more movement on my screen besides rotating circle with message "requesting character load"
    Wrong, the whole idea this weekend is to stress the system not let you play a demo.

Logging on for 2 hours now. Stress test is stressfull

Was having a lot of fun DK damage staff and resto staff, Wiping in a dungeon over and over was actually entertaining because even though we were too low leveled and a pretty shitty put together group, it felt like we had a chance, but would have to play well.

Hoping to do some more group content later.

Don't think I'm violating the NDA here.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silly you for confusing "Stress test" for "Free demo."
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The only purpose of this stress test is to stress the servers, there has been numerous closed beta tests to see how the game works with a decent number of people playing at one time, as well as an exclusive ongoing beta test with access to the latest build.

I think the game is better off without you if you judge a game by issues caused by the servers during one of the largest stresstests in gaming history.

Deleted
    I don't get how there can be people on this planet who think a beta test, especially a closed beta test such as this one, is somehow a free trial so people get to play the game without paying for it.

Is the concept of beta testing really so hard to grasp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I don't get how there can be people on this planet who think a beta test, especially a closed beta test such as this one, is somehow a free trial so people get to play the game without paying for it.

For today's average gamer? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guarantee this mmo will fail just like all the other ones before it. All hail World of Warcraft.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

I can understand part of it though, because of all paid "beta" tests coming out from other games within and outside of the genre.

Look at the numerous Demo betas from for example EA.

Deleted
    yep, I'm done for today, this is a bit too much, even for me ... from the 6 hours I planned today for playing I got to play for 2 hours, rest was loading screens.
    I'm okay with the concept of a stress test, but I haven't seen something like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Guarantee this mmo will fail just like all the other ones before it. All hail World of Warcraft.
    Some of us are bored of raiding Garrosh until a new expansion hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarcasm or not, this doesn't help the view of WoW players -_-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fail" to do what?

Almost every popular MMO out there is currently turning a profit and has a very steady playerbase. What was this comment even based on?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.