10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't hold any reviewer in any regard. I form my own opinion off of my own experience. It's the only way to get an unbiased feel for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    a reviewer has any right, just like any player, to voice their hate if the game isn't engaging for them. seriously, as i had said before, do you really think their tune is going to change if a game doesn't keep them engaged up to level 15 for endgame content. i'm pretty damn sure any reviewer isn't going to all of sudden break down the walls of dislike off "endgame."

i personally don't like the game - the combat, the ui, the questing, the feel like it's a forced single player game. i'm not going to just change my tune at max; hell i wouldn't even make it that far. (with all the shit i just expressed in my dislike of this game)

we have every right to voice our opinions early on, just as much as anyone at max is allowed to voice their opinions.
    A reviewer actually should, that is their job, even if the game is crap he needs to play it. As I said many reviewers didn't even get to level 15 that is now how you should review a game. And there are reviewers like the MMORPG reviewer that felt the game got a lot better after level 10. I am not talking about players but reviewers that get paid to do what they do.

Deleted
    Actually I like TESO, it is refreshing and desprately needed to have a game again where you can skill attributes and skills and that is not so stupidly class bound.

I like it alot. But I am not sure if the game is going to be finished in 2 months.
    The controlls feel a bit rubbish and the overall flaw of the game doesn't seem to be that smooth. I can't exactly point it out but well...

On the other hand I still miss some, for me important core features, as the ability to have appearence slots fpr my characters.
    I like to customize my Chars alot and in a game where the character creation is that advanced it is a shame that there isn't an equally powerful tool to customize the appearence of the armor you're wearing.

And don't say it is not important. To most poeple it is important how they look, hence there are so many clothings and styles and haircuts in our world.

However, I do understand that there is not as much freedom as it is possible in traditional elder scrolls games, but compared to every other mmo out there, it is a huge increase.

The only thing I totally hate is the fact that a complete race is locked behind additional payment. In a sub based game it is not something I like to see nor is it a great look into the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    A reviewer actually should, that is their job, even if the game is crap he needs to play it. As I said many reviewers didn't even get to level 15 that is now how you should review a game. And there are reviewers like the MMORPG reviewer that felt the game got a lot better after level 10. I am not talking about players but reviewers that get paid to do what they do.
    To be fair, a reviewer and a previewer are very different. I'd expect a reviewer to either complete the game, or at the very least, spend 20-30 hours something like a strategy and potentially 50 hours+ in an MMO with a wide experience of the features. You can't review a preview of a beta weekend, and if anyone is claiming they've written a review on that you should immediately disregard it. A preview is just one persons first impressions; it's just immediate opinion of someone with the knowledge that it's by no means an accurate overview of what the game may offer and as such there's little more to it than some random person posting on a forum. If you don't know and respect the person doing the preview; their opinion is fairly meaningless to your play, but may be interesting and possibly even insightful if they saw things differently to you.

First impressions should be taken with a grain of salt; especially first impressions of an unfinished game. They're just to get screenshots/videos out there and spark some interest and provide a variety of different views from different personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    I like it alot. But I am not sure if the game is going to be finished in 2 months.
    The thing is (and people can debate the good or bad of this) it's going to take people a while to hit max level. It already takes quite some time just to get to level 5. That should give them a little while to "finish" the things that haven't gotten the polish they'd like it to have.

Queues are really long this morning. I got to level 9 last night, and all the questlines I could do were bugged. So hoping that is fixed when I get back on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    The thing is (and people can debate the good or bad of this) it's going to take people a while to hit max level. It already takes quite some time just to get to level 5. That should give them a little while to "finish" the things that haven't gotten the polish they'd like it to have.
    I think you underestimate the dedication of some gamers. There's going to be many all-nighters pulled when TESO hits the shelves. Players (especially those with beta experience) will be up there in no time at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok

ESO WvW > GW2 WvW

By far.

Game is preordered

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Ok

ESO WvW > GW2 WvW

By far.

Game is preordered
    Well It aint very hard to beat GW2 WvW is it? Lmao.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Cyrodiil, that's the main reason why I'm even interested in ESO.

I agree that it takes me a while. . . But there are people who level a toon on the Betas to the Beta level cap. . . Yeah its not the hard level cap by any means, but these are people dealing with dozens of broken quest chains and in game errors managing to hit 17~20 in a weekend.

Deleted
    I couldn't care less about people who are rushing through RPGs without exploring and complaining about missing content.

What I meant is finished in terms of usability, bugs, UI, Combat an stuff like that.
    I don't need raids for 6 month so I'm fine with the amount of content that will be availale.

However I wouldn't be fine if the UI, controlls and unround combat stays like that.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2014-02-09 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post
    Well It aint very hard to beat GW2 WvW is it? Lmao.
    Haha yes that's true ^^

Now i hope it wont be a mini game without any rewads/incentive because of PVE qq.

GW2 died because of PVERS. Even Devon Carter admitted it.

Ok

ESO WvW > GW2 WvW

By far.

Game is preordered
    Judging by their WvW videos, it looks exactly like GW2's and I bet it will just be zerg fests since the game has no character collision that I can see. Unless it's enabled in PvP by default. (GW2 allows it to, but it can be disabled)

Deleted
    Ok

ESO WvW > GW2 WvW

By far.

Game is preordered

ive not got to level 10 yet to try it out

don't have enough time to play!! highest i got so far was 6 i think :P i get distracted too easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Judging by their WvW videos, it looks exactly like GW2's and I bet it will just be zerg fests since the game has no character collision that I can see. Unless it's enabled in PvP by default. (GW2 allows it to, but it can be disabled)
    I was in a 20 man group. We made some kind of mega ball of death.

2 ballistas wiped us lol. I think zerg are punished in this game.

More than in gw2.

It feels DAoC
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-02-09 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    It is designed completely differently, it is designed almost exactly like DAoC instead of GW2. ESO RvR is really really good if that is what players like.

EDIT: Nevermind!!
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2014-02-09 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Peeks in*

Boo!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I was in a 20 man group. We made some kind of mega ball of death.

2 ballistas wiped us lol. I think zerg are punished in this game.

More than in gw2.
    Ballistas are just as bad in GW2, in the first month of the game. I was in a tower with a commander and about 30 other people.

Outside were about 80 people with 3 siege golems.

We filled the tower with about 6 ballistas aimed only at the door, and 8 arrow carts.

We obliterated that entire wild pack in less than 15 seconds, it's the best memory I have in GW2's WvW. You can't really do that anymore because everyone is use to WvW and people are a lot more wary and smarter on how to deal with these things.

So the same thing will happen in ESO, almost everyone is Green except for people who have played GW2 or any other game with a similiar WvW format. And people will die by the millions because they have no fucking clue to what their doing.

Deleted
    been in the queue for like 25mins now

qq