My favorite part about beta is if you criticize anything in the game everyone responds with "IT'S BETA BRO IT'LL GET BETTER".... Yeah, okay

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    fun part is you can talk to some random npc and actually have quite long conversation that leads to marking something on the map, with few xp as a bonus, really nice touch that screams TES.
    Yeah? Didn't find asignle one like this and i tried it on some NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I didn't understand researching either.
    Research is basically learning new traits (special stats) to craft items with. You sacrifice an item with a certain trait (for science) to 'learn' that trait for future crafting. However, the trait that you learned only applies to that weapon/armor type. For example, an axe and a sword both have the Precise trait. You have to perform research on both of them to learn that trait for both the axe and the sword.

It takes too long though, and there are lot of complaints on the beta forums to lower that time. Personally I think it should 1hr max.

Can't really say I'm going to buy it since I only got to play 7 levels worth of content with little to no immersion given the absence of phasing. I'll wait for a while before picking it up. Full reviews and all that to see what the leveling, endgame and general quality of the game is actually like. I guess this is called fence sitting.

It depends what's being criticized. If you have an issue with the general gameplay, art assets, targetting or combat system - yep, they probably aren't going to be vastly different in the finished game.

If you're sat whining about bugs and load times and how you "won't be buying the game now after this beta was so broken in X way" that will OBVIOUSLY not be an issue present in the shipped game then yeah, they're actually right.

No idea which you are so don't take it as an attack (unless you are in the later category in which you should go grow a brain - applies to any and all who wish to be placed with the later category).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Research is basically learning new traits (special stats) to craft items with. You sacrifice an item with a certain trait (for science) to 'learn' that trait for future crafting. However, the trait that you learned only applies to that weapon/armor type. For example, an axe and a sword both have the Precise trait. You have to perform research on both of them to learn that trait for both the axe and the sword.

It takes too long though, and there are lot of complaints on the beta forums to lower that time. Personally I think it should 1hr max.
    it's an mmo though, I like that something takes time, and it's not another game you can cap in week and all what's rest is dailies and raiding. or buy mats from AH and level up proffesions in few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Can't really say I'm going to buy it since I only got to play 7 levels worth of content with little to no immersion given the absence of phasing. I'll wait for a while before picking it up. Full reviews and all that to see what the leveling, endgame and general quality of the game is actually like. I guess this is called fence sitting.
    Oddly - I found phasing to be almost excessive at times. It was often used really well but sometimes was kinda jarring. Might not have occurred so much at such a low level but it definitely felt rather intrusive at times further on so they clearly have the tech and can use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    My favorite part about beta is if you criticize anything in the game everyone responds with "IT'S BETA BRO IT'LL GET BETTER".... Yeah, okay
    Well you know, MMOs work that way. WoW was a lot worse, really a lot worse than TESO is in its current state. It needed years to get polished, to fix most of the bugs, to implement features and so on.

TESO will need some time on LIVE(!!!!) servers to fix some issues and get some tuning, deliver those missing features. Over the years, they will be able to deliver new features and improve their systems.

That's how MMOs work. Right now some players just expect a new game to be as polished as WoW is, after 9 years on LIVE servers.

it's an mmo though, I like that something takes time, and it's not another game you can cap in week and all what's rest is dailies and raiding. or buy mats from AH and level up proffesions in few minutes.
    Indeed, "an hour" seems much too short. I'd be up for the 2nd/3rd/etc attribute research to be a bit quicker (as it doubles each time) but still not sooooo bothered. Was nice to know I had a potential upgrade coming in a few hours rather than getting bored researching stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Indeed, "an hour" seems much too short. I'd be up for the 2nd/3rd/etc attribute research to be a bit quicker (as it doubles each time) but still not sooooo bothered. Was nice to know I had a potential upgrade coming in a few hours rather than getting bored researching stuff.
    I belive they want professions to matter, not something you just gear up fast to get that bonus.

In WoW, it takes 2-3 hours to level a profession to max if you invest some gold.

In TESO, you will even have to invest skill points and some time, so you will sacrifice some fighting skills to get professions to max level. Especially, if you want to cap all professions.

You will have to decide if you want professions to matter or make them a must have like in WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-02-11 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Can't really say I'm going to buy it since I only got to play 7 levels worth of content with little to no immersion given the absence of phasing.
    On the contrary, phasing is used a ton in this game, so much that some people say it seems the multiple phasing is what's bugging many of the quests.

It's unnecessarily long. Even without research, crafting in this game is already going to be huge time sink. The gathering itself is going to be a pain in the ass because there is no minimap and no highlight node function.

Can someone make us a resume for ESO in comparison to Wow ? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Fuck no? Does your mother still wipe your ass? Seriously.

There's this whole thread for you to read and no doubt, more and more information will slowly be released to the public.

Please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-02-11 at 07:04 PM.

As much as i tried. I could not enjoy ESO.

Played Oblivion for soooo many months and there was never a dull moment.
    Skyrim was amazing as well but i just cant bring myself to liking ESO.

Played the entire weekend. Non-stop.. Trying to find any thing that would keep me in game.
    Explored the entire area that was available to me.
    Ran to the top of mountains and towers to look at the scenery.
    Stared at rocks and other terrain detail.
    Even played a little game of "The floor is lava" by myself

But nothing will make me want to play ESO casually or seriously.

I will continue playing beta till launch in hopes of finding something to pay for

Deleted
    I still don't understand why people are trying to compare a MMO with a single player game.

Design wise there are different problems and complications. Of course you can have much more freedom in a single player game as you only affect your own gameplay. In an MMO you woudl affect the gameplay of everybody so there has to be limitations. Obviously.

While in a single player game you follow your storyline and itis finished at some point an mmo has to go on and go on, those types of games are completely different. I can't understand that people are crying about skyrim being a better single player game. Of course it is.

However you should compare TESO with other MMOs out there and then take into consideration that this game is still in beta while other games have had years to be more polished over time.
    So a fair comparison would be this game with how other mmos have been losely before release.

Since this is an MMO things will be added and improved over the coming months, that's a natural thing.
    Take WoW for exemple, the game was aweful at launch, unstabile and beside questing (where you sometime didn't even have enough quests to continue to the next area) you had nothing to do.
    Everything was added later. BGs, Raids, class and gameplay imrpovements.

Why is it expected that TESO has all of this right from the begining?

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    On the contrary, phasing is used a ton in this game, so much that some people say it seems the multiple phasing is what's bugging many of the quests.
    I guess then I can safely I just don't like a crowd doing the exact same story or immersive quest with me at the same time. It didn't feel as big a deal in WoW/SWTOR/GW2 where I wasn't termed as the 'only one' (the SWTOR class quests aside). With ESO it feels...different. I still MAY buy the game at some point and play through the stories, but I can't say so with full conviction that I will. I'll wait and see if there's more BETA weekends coming that will let me play the game a bit more. Right now it's not looking too dandy, which is disappointing.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2014-02-11 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post

Since this is an MMO things will be added and improved over the coming months, that's a natural thing.
    Take WoW for exemple, the game was aweful at launch, unstabile and beside questing (where you sometime didn't even have enough quests to continue to the next area) you had nothing to do.
    Everything was added later. BGs, Raids, class and gameplay imrpovements.

Why is it expected that TESO has all of this right from the begining?
    they will tell you it's 2014 not 2014 and you can't release mmo without basic features.
    I agree somehow with this statement, but ESO doesn't lack it, they just need some polish, and improvements, that will surely come with time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Not really, they are quite different games - did you have a specific question or wanted to know about a specific feature, maybe people could help then.

The official site, www.elderscrollsonline.com and the fan site www.tamrielfoundry.com have a lot of information/articles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    As much as i tried. I could not enjoy ESO.

Played Oblivion for soooo many months and there was never a dull moment.
    Skyrim was amazing as well but i just cant bring myself to liking ESO.

Played the entire weekend. Non-stop.. Trying to find any thing that would keep me in game.
    Explored the entire area that was available to me.
    Ran to the top of mountains and towers to look at the scenery.
    Stared at rocks and other terrain detail.
    Even played a little game of "The floor is lava" by myself

But nothing will make me want to play ESO casually or seriously.

I will continue playing beta till launch in hopes of finding something to pay for
    I know how you feel. All the single player Elder scrolls games have been an amazing experience so far. From Morrowind to Skyrim I was glued to the screen for hours on end from day one. In ESO on the other hand I didn't feel any of this "magic" while playing. I had to force myself to continue playing during the weekend just for the sake of trying to get a better idea about what the game has to offer. I think it's a good game, albeit a little rough along the edges, but it's just doesn't cut it for me and felt like a chore instead of being fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    GW2 used a system called Culling in which players above a set number were simply not displayed to you, though you may be displayed to them.
    That was the fix that came at later time, the problem was there before.