Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you have 8 character slots, it's entirely optional if you want to buy more. i don't see the problem, it's just like buying name changes and appearance changes.
    Problem is we still don't really know how many character slots we will get on release. Last stress weekend the limit was at 4, this weekend we are at 8, who knows on what they will decide in april. But I agree 8 would be plenty.

Deleted
    The build isn't more than 5 months old. John Cleese's voice was in the game and NPC 'alert' behaviour was different to builds that old

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Please name some subscription model MMOs that charge for character slots. I'm sincerely interested as I've never seen this in practice until after an MMO has gone F2P.
    STO sold char slot from the beginning (and was subscription based back then). Lotro - at least in europe - began selling stuff like char slots before F2P, too. And of course SWTOR is selling character slots, but it's a hybrid so not sure if you want to count it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    STO sold char slot from the beginning (and was subscription based back then). Lotro - at least in europe - began selling stuff like char slots before F2P, too. And of course SWTOR is selling character slots, but it's a hybrid so not sure if you want to count it.
    SWTOR is F2P, not a hybrid.

Deleted
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...le-Things.html

Nice read there. The comments are worth reading as well.

Deleted

nice video ... same arguments...

people finally need to understand that a typical Elder Scrolls game can't be realised in a MMO environment where literally a mass of people are playing together. There can't be free exploration, there can't be level scaling and quest scaling - there has to be some kind of "equalization" or else everything has to be instanced for every player ... and what would be the point of playing a MMO then?

If you want the typical Bethesda game you'll have to wait for Fallout 4 and TES5.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given all the limitations on F2P and that it still has a subscription I can't really see it as a true F2P. Mainpoint though was that there have been several P2P mmos that sold char slots in the past, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Felwood is a corrupted zone by Demonic Energy so of course it's going to look odd compared to Winterspring. Comparing it to Northrend in Sholozar is silly because there isn't any Fel/demonic corruption in the zones.
    That's cool because I didn't compare it to Northrend at all. I just said Northrend transitioned between zones well.

As for corrupted zones, let's compare it to Hyjal then. Winterspring is at a lower altitude than Hyjal, but is directly next to it, and it doesn't make sense that Winterspring is snowing and Hyjal is not.

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually more of a hybrid. The only thing that is 100% open to F2P players is the leveling process. Once you get to the end, it's sub or gtfo.

Guess we could argue on that. For me, its a hybrid model. You can do both : Paying a sub and have unlimited access to everything, or playing for free with limited access, so you need to spend in the cash shop to unlock stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...le-Things.html

Nice read there. The comments are worth reading as well.
    I think you may be the first person to ever say the comments on MMORPG are worth reading : P

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    Given all the limitations on F2P and that it still has a subscription I can't really see it as a true F2P. Mainpoint though was that there have been several P2P mmos that sold char slots in the past, though.
    The limitations are irrelevant. The fact that you can download the client for free and play the game without spending money makes it a F2P game. You can specify more if you want, but it's still a F2P game. EA calls it F2P, BioWare calls it F2P, it's F2P.

Deleted
    Yeah if you're happy without raiding and playing only 2 battlegrounds or dungeons a week, it's FTP.

But as many told, they put pretty much all interesting stuff behind a paywall.

So hybrid describes it really well.

Deleted
    I think you may be the first person to ever say the comments on MMORPG are worth reading : P
    Hey I was pretty surprised myself. But there ya go! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    It's not immature, that's how I view it, that's my opinion on BC era armor. No REAL standing army/militaristic force would clad their soldiers in yellow armor so bright you could spot them miles upon miles away on a night battlefield. That's why as soon as trnasmog came out for WoW, I immediately switched every toons armor to something recent pvp made, because those were at least somewhat bearable. I can't stand looking at those sets. Like the rogues who run around in the recolor blue of bloodfang, with dual phantom blades. It's ridiculous looking, but, as I said, that's my opinion, and I'm grateful the people at Bethesda agree.
    I currently play WoW and have said for a very long time that it looks like it was drawn in crayon. I don't hate the art style, I'm just not a fan. New models look amazing though.

Deleted
    The limitations are irrelevant. The fact that you can download the client for free and play the game without spending money makes it a F2P game. You can specify more if you want, but it's still a F2P game. EA calls it F2P, BioWare calls it F2P, it's F2P.
    Addon requires a subscription, pretty much everything requires a subscription to play it more than 30 minutes a week. That's not really FTP. There's a reason why there are still so many subsribers. Because only half the game is FTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Addon requires a subscription, pretty much everything requires a subscription to play it more than 30 minutes a week. That's not really FTP. There's a reason why there are still so many subsribers. Because only half the game is FTP.
    This is quite inaccurate. Yes, you need to pay for the RotHC expansion. There's nothing saying F2P games can't have expansions or DLC, because they routinely do. However, you can purchase just about every unlock off of the GTN.

And well over half the game is provided to level 1-50 players, the 51-55 content is much less in totality compared to the 1-50 content. Not to mention the most recent "expansion", Galactic Starfighter, was released to all for free.

It is a F2P game, period. There is no, "in my opinion" or "I feel", this is a fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    What was the length of the day/night cycle, does anyone know? It felt like night time when I played was really really long.
    The Help Knowledge base says,

"One full cycle lasts a little less than five hours, so players will experience around five day/night cycles in a 24-hour period of real-time gaming."

However, this did not seem to match my experience. I think at one point I was playing "night" for at least 5 hours (and no, I'm not talking about the tutorial area). It could be they where testing things of course or that some areas/sub-zones are kept dark as part of the theme or if you are on a specific part of a long quest line.

Either way, since that is the official answer, I would expect it to become the correct answer, either in-game or by the answer being changed or players better understanding the intracies of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    What was the length of the day/night cycle, does anyone know? It felt like night time when I played was really really long.
    5 hours - sorry if this was already answered

This is quite inaccurate. Yes, you need to pay for the RotHC expansion. There's nothing saying F2P games can't have expansions or DLC, because they routinely do. However, you can purchase just about every unlock off of the GTN.

And well over half the game is provided to level 1-50 players, the 51-55 content is much less in totality compared to the 1-50 content. Not to mention the most recent "expansion", Galactic Starfighter, was released to all for free.

It is a F2P game, period. There is no, "in my opinion" or "I feel", this is a fact.
    Can't unlock HM or NiM Operations without subscribing = not F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Can't unlock HM or NiM Operations without subscribing = not F2P.
    I'm not even going to bother this off-topic discussion anymore, but you're flat out incorrect. Like, there is no world in which your statement about it not being F2P is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I currently play WoW and have said for a very long time that it looks like it was drawn in crayon. I don't hate the art style, I'm just not a fan. New models look amazing though.
    I never said I hated them to the point to where I didn't want to play the game/would write a stern letter to Blizzard about how I hate their art department, as you can see, I clearly said I essentially bit my tongue until an option became available to me. What I was getting at was that that isn't WoW, and this is ESO. They're separate, and someone coming in and saying that their art direction needs to be changed because they aren't fond of it and like the other art in other games, is ridiculous. This isn't WoW, this isn't GW2, this isn't Wildstar, etc. See my point? In fact, just looked it up, TES: Arena, came out in March, 1994. Warcraft 1? November, 1994. Take that into consideration and respect when talking about a "long-standing game franchise," for examples and such.