Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    It is exactly the same thing. Because I am not playing the most efficient race/class combo, I will still have to listen to the "you noob, your race sucks" BS from elitist snobs because I could be putting out .5% more dps.
    No. No one is going to react that way because of your race. Not in TESO, Not in Warcraft, not anywhere. Stop over-exaggerating, and stop over sensationalizing the argument.

"race/class" combo has nothing to do with having a +5% Mount speed talent in a boss fight, when you're passing up a +5% damage talent.

Trolls in Throne of Thunder had an advantage, but only the top 10 guilds, +/- 2, cared enough for the racials. And at that point, if you're in those guilds, you're "elitist" enough that something like this doesn't bother them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Meh.

While I'm happy that NDA is finally gone, I will now have to be carefull. I don't want spoilers regarding story or any interesting quest stuff like how to get vampire or something like that. I have nearly spoiled stuff for myself since people already have talked about these (i think) earlier in this thread. I want to encounter these things myself and not know what happens. Maybe I should stop coming to read this thread and just look at stuff like ShoddyCast who appear to care about lore and not spoil stuff.
    That's probably your safest bet. They'll always be something that gets slipped through here.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No. It's the "Hey, why is our tank wearing full cloth gear and trying to tank with a bow?" type situations. Situations where someones "fun" directly negatively impacts everyone else in their group.

Nobody gives a rats ass about the .5% more damage if you swapped races unless you're doing progression content. They do care if you can barely do your job in normal group content because you have some strange as shit, unreasonable build.
    Thank you. Just.. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoo, finally the NDA is down! I can start saying things now.

I've been part of "The Psijic Order" ongoing test. We've been able to continuously test the game without too much downtime so I've had quite a few hours with it. I'm probably going to start posting some fun PvP and dungeon videos soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Whoo, finally the NDA is down! I can start saying things now.

I've been part of "The Psijic Order" ongoing test. We've been able to continuously test the game without too much downtime so I've had quite a few hours with it. I'm probably going to start posting some fun PvP and dungeon videos soon.
    That NDA is still in place apparently.

There's only 1 server.
    Then... you are screwed.
    Your you're own enemy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    crafting is by far the best method for gearing up
    just as in early guild wars 2

10+ Year Old Account
    That NDA is still in place apparently.

RAAAAAAAGE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    No. No one is going to react that way because of your race. Not in TESO, Not in Warcraft, not anywhere. Stop over-exaggerating, and stop over sensationalizing the argument.

"race/class" combo has nothing to do with having a +5% Mount speed talent in a boss fight, when you're passing up a +5% damage talent.

Trolls in Throne of Thunder had an advantage, but only the top 10 guilds, +/- 2, cared enough for the racials. And at that point, if you're in those guilds, you're "elitist" enough that something like this doesn't bother them.
    There was a time I could not get into a pug raid because I played as an enhance shaman when they weren't doing very well. I was punished for playing what I enjoyed. Yes, I did everything I could to optimize it. In WoW I spent more time staring down spreadsheets and sims trying to squeeze out every bit of DPS I could than I did playing the game. Now I will have to do the same in ESO if I want to not have to deal with the hassle of picking and choosing who to do content with.

Ugh... hated what they did with Orcs.... they look waaaay too human. Although I can say the same of all the races minus Khajiit and Argonian.
    thank you! I also find orcs to be waaaay to docile and puny in teso. Where's the rage?! More importantly..where is the color greeeeeen

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    SPOILERS: Incase you wanted another reason to get this game. Sheogorath is in it and features heavily in the mages guild questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad that the NDA is up so I can speak a bit more of my mind. 2 months until release and this game does not AT ALL seem ready for a launch. I won't be at all surprised - in fact, I hope it comes to this - if they push back launch a month or 2. Now, that's just the bugs and lag side of the game. As for gameplay itself, it is just another MMO. I've come to these forums to watch Rift, swtor, gw2, and others suffer the same exact treatment over and over. Overhype will destroy this games chance at a good future, just as it did for so many MMO's before it. The game had nothing particularly unique about it. Combat is like a mix of Dragon's Prophet and GW2, only with fewer abilities that you can use at any one time. The graphics are subpar compared to other MMO's I've played. Questing is unimaginitive and basic. PvP is WvWvW, practically every MMO has this nowadays and it isn't anything special in my opinion, because it seems to me just an endless tug of war match that nobody ever wins (at least not when I'm around). And to top it off, they added actual rifts. Literally giant swirly portals in the sky that spawn mobs in waves and at the end you get rewards. Skyshards are datacrons without the lore. And the grand finale... restoration staves. They don't heal. /thread
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

There was a time I could not get into a pug raid because I played as an enhance shaman when they weren't doing very well. I was punished for playing what I enjoyed. Yes, I did everything I could to optimize it. In WoW I spent more time staring down spreadsheets and sims trying to squeeze out every bit of DPS I could than I did playing the game. Now I will have to do the same in ESO if I want to not have to deal with the hassle of picking and choosing who to do content with.
    Don't confuse "Pug" with "Elitist". They do not go together. You tried to get into a group and it contained assholes, not elitists.

Enhancement Shamans are strong, for what it's worth.

I don't know why anyone needs to worry about elitists calling them out on not using optimal specs. That really only happens if you put yourself in their environment: very challenging content. And if you ARE in that environment, it's important so their advice, however condescending, is relevant.

The good news is, if you're a casual player like myself and just like to quest, explore and run "normal" mode stuff, the majority of the players you'll encounter just want to play with you because you're cool and have enough know-how just to get the job done. The problems only arise when these types of players cross paths: WoW LFR for example where there's a heroic raider looking for a particular item and capping valor and he's along side a player like me, an alt with all PVP gear that isn't gemmed or enchanted.

Hopefully ESO does a better job of keeping those players apart or better yet, focusing their game on one or the other, because frankly I think those two types of players don't really like or understand each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    SPOILERS: Incase you wanted another reason to get this game. Sheogorath is in it and features heavily in the mages guild questline.
    Use spoiler tags, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ya... there are roughly 321 skyshards throughout the game so 107 or so extra skills there location is told to you in the ach tab by way of riddles
    and you can extort money from merchants
    Last edited by Tierbook; 2014-02-15 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

If one of your dps is doing such low damage that you can't complete an encounter, it's helpful information. Because you don't know who is doing such low damage without it, or why. Unless content is so trivial that damage checks never occur.
    From what I've gathered so far, the challenge isn't in numbers but rather using the proper utility when necessary. So seeing if your caster is freezing people when they need to be frozen would be easy to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    thank you! I also find orcs to be waaaay to docile and puny in teso. Where's the rage?! More importantly..where is the color greeeeeen
    Needs to be rainbow colored for giggles. No I don't mean it in a gay fashion, just hilarious looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post

I find them better than Skyrim's Orcs, Skin tones range from light green to dark brown in the creation screen. Though i admit they should have a more heavily muscular frame. Also the 'Swift' racial is kinda mind boggling to me, Orcs are generally not known as an agile race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    I find them better than Skyrim's Orcs, Skin tones range from light green to dark brown in the creation screen. Though i admit they should have a more heavily muscular frame. Also the 'Swift' racial is kinda mind boggling to me, Orcs are generally not known as an agile race.
    Their current musculature doesn't seem out of place with how they've been presented in previous ES games, and is one of the highest in the game. They look fine, IMO.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.