Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah, has any p2p besides WoW and EVE ever gotten those six plus months?
    UO has been going about 16 years! Still sub based last time i checked.

I think darkfall is still around somewhere, but yeah... most games right now are a hard sell for me unless they're brand spanking new. I don't mind tossing a few bucks at a fresh new game since it's new, or if it's drastically different than i'm use to.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    While the PVP in ESO looks interesting, actually looks like a GW2 clone... I don't think 15 dollars a month AND a micro-transaction store is worth the time. Do we know if they're selling power in the online store? They should just go to B2P like GW2. I bet they would sell more copies.
    It definetely looks similar, but having played both I liked ESO version much more. Maybe it's the scale, I dont know.

Deleted
    With NDA lifted I can say, well I have always been sceptical to the game, and getting chance to try it. Well, if you got limited access to a new mmo, and you go play Heartstone and download Planetside2 again, it's not very exciting.
    The questing is not fun, combat isn't really fluent and animations aren't that good. Also starting area didn't engage you much, and world didn't feel alive.
    I understand the "you need to do the 10-lvl tutorial", but at the same time... why? The game should involve you and get you excited from start, not that the first thing you meet is boring and painful wall to plough through, which it really was. I didn't make it, and I won't try it again... especially not for the cost of a box + subfee, lot of better choices out there for less then.
    Getting scepticism confirmed isn't a pleasant surprise all the time :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If you're interested in Ebonheart I'll be playing in www.alitheso.com (assuming you're on EU servers which I think you are?)

Since we can join up to 5 guilds, I'm happy to make a social MMOC one (or join it if someone else makes one) in the EU. If we just use one for chatting then the faction isn't so important. I was an officer in the official MMOC GW2 one and it ended up just being a chat room really which was fine.

sorry i didn't reply to this, missed it :P

i would be interested in joining! i was stuck between ebonheart and daggerfall, didn't want to play Aldermeri, so i might see about joining that one

Will there be an option to make all of the various "caves" or outside dungeons (not sure what term I am looking for here... They were often marked with a torch on the map) be instanced to your party/group? I just remember going into all of them with my small group excited about finding an interesting place to explore only to get inside and have every single mob already killed because the entire place was flooded with a countless number of players... The entire cave/dungeon or whatever you want to call it just ended up being a run to the end and then a run back to the entrance without ever running into a single mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, most of the mmo's before WoW were P2P and were so for years, but I get the feeling you meant post-WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    Will there be an option to make all of the various "caves" or outside dungeons (not sure what term I am looking for here... They were often marked with a torch on the map) be instanced to your party/group? I just remember going into all of them with my small group excited about finding an interesting place to explore only to get inside and have every single mob already killed because the entire place was flooded with a countless number of players... The entire cave/dungeon or whatever you want to call it just ended up being a run to the end and then a run back to the entrance without ever running into a single mob.
    that would surely be great, but so far only group dungeons are exclusively instanced ... those caves etc are open dungeons and the server will put other random people in your instance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    that would surely be great, but so far only group dungeons are exclusively instanced ... those caves etc are open dungeons and the server will put other random people in your instance.
    I mean it isn't the fact that there are other people there, it is the number of other people. If they would just limit it to a random 4-8 players that would probably be fine too. It was just the overwhelming number of players that ruined the whole thing. I think having the option for groups to instance them if they want or have it public if you are solo would work great.

Deleted
    I mean it isn't the fact that there are other people there, it is the number of other people. If they would just limit it to a random 4-8 players that would probably be fine too. It was just the overwhelming number of players that ruined the whole thing. I think having the option for groups to instance them if they want or have it public if you are solo would work great.
    that might be subject to change.
    after all the game still is in beta and now that the NDA has been lifted there will be much more discussion about the game and its features.
    also maybe the huge number of players in those instanced caves was part of the test, to see how good it felt for others if there were many or only few other players.

keep your fingers crossed nothing is set in stone yet.

that might be subject to change.
    after all the game still is in beta and now that the NDA has been lifted there will be much more discussion about the game and its features.
    also maybe the huge number of players in those instanced caves was part of the test, to see how good it felt for others if there were many or only few other players.

keep your fingers crossed nothing is set in stone yet.
    I'll keep them crossed, but the "it's still in beta" mentality is approaching the end of the line. With just over a month left until release I don't think there are going to be many (if any) real changes made at this point. I could be wrong and I hope that I am, but that is not a lot of time to be making significant changes.

Deleted
    Tbh I don't really get why so many people complain about the game not being fun till level 10. My highest character is 7 or 8 and I have had alot of fun with the game so far, I try to take my time to explore, talk with people, craft items and do quests and that works for me.

Although I must say it depends on what I played. I first played daggerfall covenant templar bow, that was absolutely horrible, the worst trash I ever played in a mmo (I still think that gives 'templar bow' credit as it's really really fucking bad). But after that I created a sorcerer aldmeri dominion which I instantly fell in love with. The last beta I tried some ebonheart pact with a nightblade which I got really into and enjoyed quite alot, although it wasn't as good as the aldmeri dominion.

But overall I don't think the story opens up at level 10, it does once you leave coldharbour, atleast it does for me. I thought the ebonheart zones Bleakrock isle and Bal Foyen were quite interesting and had lots of room to 'explore' especially the rescue the villagers quest which didn't send you to every single villager (in the end I missed one which I searched for after). I also loved the Aldmeri Dominion first zone Khenarti's Roost although if I am not mistaken that one had some more handholding but I didn't mind that at that point.

Besides that I also played Auridon and I had 8 quests in my log and various things to do it was quite enjoyable for me and I had enough room to explore. But it depends how you look at the game and how you start and if you want to 'invest' yourself into it. I could've gone into the game with a "hate feeling" aswell and quit after 2 minutes but instead I went in to expect a new game, not even expecting one that is very elder scrollish but with that view the game suprised me and made it fun. You just got to give it a hour or two and one or two classes to see if what you might have chosen might just not have been for you.

All of these impressions above were done in first person mode, I haven't done anything in third person yet, I plan on doing that next beta.
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2014-02-16 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    I'll keep them crossed, but the "it's still in beta" mentality is approaching the end of the line. With just over a month left until release I don't think there are going to be many (if any) real changes made at this point. I could be wrong and I hope that I am, but that is not a lot of time to be making significant changes.
    well, i'm no programmer so i might be completely wrong here ... but i cannot imagine changing the player limit in an instanced cave from - let's say - 10 to 5 ... shouldn't that be only a minor change to some few lines of code if not even less?

things i'm more concerned won't make it into the game until release are:
    - really open world ... not being stuck on newb-island #1 and #2 after you've escaped molag bals prison
    - armor looking more realistic ... atm it just looks as if armor is painted on your shirt and trousers ...
    - mega server correctly manages to put people that belong together into the same instance ... during beta it happened to me multiple times that people i grouped with ended up in another instance of a cave or dungeon as i was, thus hindering us in playing together.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, i'm no programmer so i might be completely wrong here ... but i cannot imagine changing the player limit in an instanced cave from - let's say - 10 to 5 ... shouldn't that be only a minor change to some few lines of code if not even less?

- really open world ... not being stuck on newb-island #1 and #2 after you've escaped molag bals prison
    - armor looking more realistic ... atm it just looks as if armor is painted on your shirt and trousers ...
    - mega server correctly manages to put people that belong together into the same instance ... during beta it happened to me multiple times that people i grouped with ended up in another instance of a cave or dungeon as i was, thus hindering us in playing together.
    to your first and 2nd points that won't change and to your third you are technically in different instances so in order to get past that all but one have to drop the quest you are grouping for and then have it shared so you are all on the same part
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

True. It shouldn't be a big problem but I just don't know if they will make the change or not.

I didn't mind so much the "noob island" because I didn't try to rush through it or anything, I just took the time and explored everywhere like I would any TES game.
    The armor is the same, I am not really worried about it too much.
    The server managing group members is one problem I am really worried about though. I had the same issue multiple times and it was very frustrating. This is a very major issue that can completely ruin the gaming experience of people. What is the point of playing a game online with your friends.... if you can't actually play with them half the time?

There is an option of travel to player. You should use it if you've been placed to different instances upon login. Several dungeons are strictly single player, though. Those are mostly main quest ones, but there could be others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I understand the "you need to do the 10-lvl tutorial", but at the same time... why? The game should involve you and get you excited from start, not that the first thing you meet is boring and painful wall to plough through, which it really was. I didn't make it, and I won't try it again... especially not for the cost of a box + subfee, lot of better choices out there for less then.
    I found questing fun from the tutorial island, and honestly better than any MMO I played. Then again I like the lore/setting of the game a lot so that might be a reason why. To me if you don't like it after the tutorial island just quit the game it isn't for you. If you actually hate the tutorial island also, just quit it isn't for you.

The open world is there after you leave the noob zone, there is one for every alliance. Also, if you are in a different instance with your pal you use travel to player.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    While the PVP in ESO looks interesting, actually looks like a GW2 clone...
    GW2 tried to clone DAoC and did a poor job of it, really poor job. ESO does a better job at cloning DAoC.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they can really reduce the number of players in them, I also felt they had way too much in each of them. There seem to be different type of dungeons.

Explorable Dungeons - This is the one you are referring to where tons of players are in.
    Public Dungeons - Tuned for 2-4 players but not sure how instancing works here.
    Instance Dungeons - Instanced for 4 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    GW2 tried to clone DAoC and did a poor job of it, really poor job. ESO does a better job at cloning DAoC.
    Well, GW2 PvP doesnt end there. There is no point blaming them for it. I liked "arenas" more myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Public Dungeons - Tuned for 2-4 players but not sure how instancing works here.
    Public dungeons are 1-10 players and they use dynamic tuning afaik (depending on the amount of players in the dungeon and their level).