Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So with left and mouse buttons attacking do they want us to keyboard turn?
    If its like any of the TES games, you'll turn just by moving the mouse.

I would imagine it will be like Tera/Vindictus/RaiderZ combat. Your mouse disappears and becomes your target controller (a la third person shooters), controlling where you're looking/attacking. You will likely have to hit a button like control or escape to bring up the pointer so you can click on things.

Skyrim (and Oblivion and Morrowind GOTYs) is on sale on steam at the very moment. You may want to give it a try

It's more like a FPS

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Yes please. Us PvPers just want ONE MMO! ONE! that actually gives a shit about PvP. Guild Wars 2 has failed with Anet's pathetic attempt at balance. so I'm out of options here.
    I think ESO will deliver on that part. The RvR system sounds amazing, and it will be similar to the system DAoC used: 3 opposing realms, 1 big RvR (realm vs realm) zone and keepfights etc. Also you'll be able to progress your character through RvR and there will be rankings, so theres enough motivation to do PvP.

I hope PvP will be the "real" endgame of ESO, which doesn't mean that PvE should be neglected, though. I think PvE will also be nice, but it's time an mmo actually delivers real pvp. pvp in wow, for example, is no real pvp, it's just some instanced bullshit and simulated and staged arena fights.

Real pvp is what we had in Dark age of camelot, not this battleground bullshit system of wow and the likes.

I don't think ESO has small-scale instanced competitive PvP. Big no for me.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe

Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

It's really sad hearing about the faction locks and exploration limitation -_-

Exploration is like the number 1 selling point of Elder Scrolls games...

Still pissed off about that exploration/faction BS.

It's like drowning a 5 star steak in ketchup. Assuming this game is any good at least.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Still pissed off about that exploration/faction BS.

It's like drowning a 5 star steak in ketchup. Assuming this game is any good at least.
    I'm going to be very lazy here, what's up with the exploration and faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You can't explore more than half of the entire world. You can only explore your faction's corner and the all-PvP zone.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

maybe they are planning ahead for expansions? that might explain why exploration is kinda limited...
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    maybe they are planning ahead for expansions? that might explain why exploration is kinda limited...
    But here is the issue that I have and and I imagine others like vizzle have with it. The Elder Scrolls is not about restrictions. Exploration is such a huge part of the whole series that when you limit that well then it doesn't seem like an Elder Scrolls game then does it.

You can't explore more than half of the entire world. You can only explore your faction's corner and the all-PvP zone.
    Oh, that is rather bad, SWTOR also had bad exploration and to me and I'm sure many many other MMO gamers, exploration and freedom is vital to a game long term.

From my understanding it's only the starting zones you can't visit.

I admit that when I first heard the news about this MMO and saw that they added action bars etc, I thought instantly that it's a generic WoW clone like Rift, SW and the other dozens that came before it and there was nothing further to see.

However, I recently stumbled on this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8luBc0X3vIg

and I have to admit it got me pretty interested in the game if they could actually pull it off like that and don't scratch off those features replacing them with tried out generic WoW clone ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    There are 10 zones in the game... but your character can only ever explore 4 of them, your 3 home faction zones and Cyrodill. Cyrodill being the end-game largest zone where all three factions will meet for PVP/Endgame content.

Meaning if you role a Khajit (Cat person), you can only go to Elsewyr, Summerset Isle and Valenwood in addition to Cyrodill.
    Skyrim, Morrowind, Black Marsh, High Rock, ect will be locked off from you.

Same with if you roll an Argonian (lizard person) - you can only go to Black Marsh, Morrowind and Skyrim in addition to Cyrodill, but you cannot go anywhere else.

The reason they're doing this is to promote cooperation/bonding in their homelands between factions instead of individual competition. It's actually an excellent idea - the problem is it TOTALLY negates what Elder Scrolls is about and is NOT what ES players wanted.

Not to mention all the jackass PVP gankers from WoW hating it as they can't "World PVP" - which is another term for lowbie-faction ganking/griefing.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

No matter what they do, if they insist on locking down zones to enemy factions, this game is going to fail. It's sad to see this game is doomed by its design.

i havent read up much on this game for awhile but last time i checked it was basically wow with elder scrolls lore and a bunch of restrictions based on what you pick to play as O-O

any of this change and does it look like it will be any good?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    From my understanding it's only the starting zones you can't visit.
    You're misinterpreting what you're hearing... the "starting zones" are (theoretically) huge faction areas that get players from 1-50. For example, Khajit are from Elsewyr, the Altmer are from Summerset Isle, and I forget who the ones are from Valenwood - each of those are their "starting zones", but all three together make up the 1-50 leveling experience for that individual faction. Those three zones make up almost 1/3rd of the entire map, meaning almost 2/3rds of the map you can't visit as those contain 2 other faction zones.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i havent read up much on this game for awhile but last time i checked it was basically wow with elder scrolls lore and a bunch of restrictions based on what you pick to play as O-O

any of this change and does it look like it will be any good?
    It's definitely NOT WoW at all. The problem is it isn't really Elder Scrolls either. :P

The whole ideology is different. You have Elder Scroll controls (Mouse 1 = physical attack, Mouse 2 = block), and by physical attack I mean just that - REAL TIME physical attack. Not a generic "auto attack/white damage" nonsense. You have to actually swing your sword, fire your bows, ect... same with blocking with a shield. Same with blocking/shields - shields actually require putting up and blocking and using up stamina, the stats of the shield being important in deflecting the attack. It's not just a "stat item" you keep on your arm that may offer 1-3 new hotbar options like WoW. :P

Though you do have classes, you're not restricted to any type of weapon/armor and have freedom to choose how to play in that regard. You can be a plate-wearing healer with a battleaxe, or a long-ranged tank using cloth that boost magic armor/ranged attacks, ect... the balance comes in the form of the stamina bar (think almost like a rogue energy bar). Plate/2h weapons use up more stamina than cloth/leather and 1h weapons.

Likewise the 3 factions are land-locked. There's no world PVP outside of the end-game zone of Cyrodill. The 3 leveling faction zones are designed for cooperation in mind (sharing nodes, no kill-stealing, ect) to bolster cooperation and creating friendships with your side instead of promoting individual greed. Endgame takes place in one massive zone called Cyrodill and contains many dungeons and all-phased PVP objectives (think Wintergrasp type stuff in addition to localized village/quest zone PVP raiding).

It's quite a different beast from WoW - but it's also quite a different beast from anything any ES fan would want (and what SHOULD'VE happened).
    Last edited by mvallas; 2012-12-30 at 06:07 PM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's definitely NOT WoW at all. The problem is it isn't really Elder Scrolls either. :P

The whole ideology is different. You have Elder Scroll controls (Mouse 1 = physical attack, Mouse 2 = block), and by physical attack I mean just that - REAL TIME physical attack. Not a generic "auto attack/white damage" nonsense. You have to actually swing your sword, fire your bows, ect... same with blocking with a shield. You actually have to physically aim the sheila and block, or block with a weapon. Same with blocking/shields - shields actually require putting up and blocking and using up stamina, the stats of the shield being important in deflecting the attack. It's not just a "stat item" you keep on your arm that may offer 1-3 new hotbar options like WoW. :P

Though you do have classes, you're not restricted to any type of weapon/armor and have freedom to choose how to play in that regard. You can be a plate-wearing healer with a battleaxe, or a long-ranged tank using cloth that boost magic armor/ranged attacks, ect... the balance comes in the form of the stamina bar (think almost like a rogue energy bar). Plate/2h weapons use up more stamina than cloth/leather and 1h weapons.

Likewise the 3 factions are land-locked. There's no world PVP outside of the end-game zone of Cyrodill. The 3 leveling faction zones are designed for cooperation in mind (sharing nodes, no kill-stealing, ect) to bolster cooperation and creating friendships with your side instead of promoting individual greed. Endgame takes place in one massive zone called Cyrodill and contains many dungeons and all-phased PVP objectives (think Wintergrasp type stuff in addition to localized village/quest zone PVP raiding).

It's quite a different beast from WoW - but it's also quite a different beast from anything any ES fan would want (and what SHOULD'VE happened).
    hmm so theres 3 factions you spend most of your time leveling up only in a zone with your own faction and you can dress up however you want regardless of class then for endgame you go to a big zone for all three factions? doesnt sound that bad O-O

how many races are available? and by races i mean distinct races the one thing that irked me about oblivion and skyrim was that most of the races were basically human except for the elves and cat people oh and i think lizard men. were there lizard men in skyrim?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hmm so theres 3 factions you spend most of your time leveling up only in a zone with your own faction and you can dress up however you want regardless of class then for endgame you go to a big zone for all three factions? doesnt sound that bad O-O

how many races are available? and by races i mean distinct races the one thing that irked me about oblivion and skyrim was that most of the races were basically human except for the elves and cat people oh and i think lizard men. were there lizard men in skyrim?
    There are actually tons of races in Elder Scrolls. 50+ at least. It's just that only 9 are playable in the single player series(+2 if you count vampire and werewolf as separate races). I actually see it as a huge bonus. All the playable races make sense and none of them are silly, joke races or ripoffs from real history (ex. egyptian cat people or mongol dog people). Besides, I only play humans anyway and very rarely elves in RPGs. Meeting interesting lore characters or races is fun, being one really isn't. I actually like the fact that you can't be a snow elf or dremora or what were those crab people called again in Skyrim.