Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Like how Blizzard released WarCraft IV only a few years after WoW premiered?
    Less years have passed between release of WoW or WC3 and now than between release of SC and SC2
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-01-02 at 05:24 AM.

Bethesda and Zenimax aren't the same company?

Quote Originally Posted by mcbeaty View Post
    Bethesda and Zenimax aren't the same company?
    Bethesda is a division of Zenimax. Zenimax develops and publishes video games through its subsidiaries.

Also Leslie Moonves(CEO of CBS) is a part of the Board of Director's.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Bethesda is a division of Zenimax. Zenimax develops and publishes video games through its subsidiaries.

But comparing it to blizzard's wow and warcraft series isnt really the best example, is what i was trying to get at. Since that is what Peter compared it too

10+ Year Old Account
    Two different companies are working on the different projects. So, this analogy does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

ZeniMax Online Studios is creating ESO, their parent company is ZeniMax Media. So Bethesda Game Studios (the makers of TES single player games, not to be confused with Bethesda Softworks, the publisher) and ZeniMax Online Studios are sister companies under ZeniMax Media.

Are they still making Elder Scrolls Online?
    I thought they abandoned the idea.
    But I hope they didn't because it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmobile View Post
    Are they still making Elder Scrolls Online?
    I thought they abandoned the idea.
    But I hope they didn't because it would be awesome.
    No this entire discussion has been hypothetical
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I would certainly hope they release Elder Scrolls VI... want to kick the thalmors ass at some point. Maybe even go to summerset isle

After so many bitter disappointments when it comes to MMO's in the last few years, I'm going to try and not get my hopes up too much. I do adore the setting, though I feel like the existence of factions is a bit detrimental to what makes the single player games so intriguing. Still, I've always been fond of playing elves that are both rich in lore and 'gritty', so I'm hoping that I'll find that in the Altmer, Dunmer or both.

I'm skeptical about this game. Extremely skeptical. There's 2 things I look for in an MMO before anything, and I won't care about a good crafting system or anything like that if my 2 needs are not met:

- Excellent, fluid, deep, rewarding and FUN combat system. So far WoW and maybe SWTOR have managed to achieve that.
    - A world that I can come to care about. Show me something so I can give a damn about this boss and that zone, etc. So far, only WoW and Warhammer have achieved this for me.

Bonus? The modding is gone and ES games are known for their bugs/glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I'm skeptical about this game. Extremely skeptical. There's 2 things I look for in an MMO before anything, and I won't care about a good crafting system or anything like that if my 2 needs are not met:

- Excellent, fluid, deep, rewarding and FUN combat system. So far WoW and maybe SWTOR have managed to achieve that.
    - A world that I can come to care about. Show me something so I can give a damn about this boss and that zone, etc. So far, only WoW and Warhammer have achieved this for me.

Have you played Skyrim on PC before? If you don't like the combat feel of Skyrim, you're not gonna enjoy this one because, it's very similar. Since you played WoW, SW:TOR, I would say it's better. Have you tried GW2?

Then again, I'm more of a fan of these types of combat system where you're really controlling the character.

15+ Year Old Account

I just hope it's not subscription based. That's what got me on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Have you played Skyrim on PC before? If you don't like the combat feel of Skyrim, you're not gonna enjoy this one because, it's very similar. Since you played WoW, SW:TOR, I would say it's better. Have you tried GW2?

Then again, I'm more of a fan of these types of combat system where you're really controlling the character.
    I'm really curious about how they add in stealth gameplay. Something tells me I won't be 1 shotting everything if I attack while sneaking. Something also tells me I won't be able to just go into an NPC's house or castle, steal all the loot, and sell it for tons of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Oh, that is rather bad, SWTOR also had bad exploration and to me and I'm sure many many other MMO gamers, exploration and freedom is vital to a game long term.
    It's a ploy to make alts and devote more time to the game, thus spending more money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I just hope it's not subscription based. That's what got me on the fence.
    And I hope it is. Or at least buy-to-play like gw2/tsw

Deleted
    AFAIK this is done by other developer. It also means that they'll be able to work on another sequel for regular TES and make everyone happy. Eh possibly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I'm really curious about how they add in stealth gameplay. Something tells me I won't be 1 shotting everything if I attack while sneaking. Something also tells me I won't be able to just go into an NPC's house or castle, steal all the loot, and sell it for tons of money.
    As am I, I don't think an assassin class will do very well in pvp if sneaking literally means crouching behind someone but they still can see you. I figure one of their 5 action abilities would be a temporary invisibility or camouflage though. In all the one player games I tend to have very sticky fingers and that's why I typically wind up as a thief/assassin. In MMOs I like to tank though. So I'm kind of on the fence here with what I want to do. If theft isn't a viable means of income or is absent from the game entirely I will probably just wind up tanking and doing damage with a 2h. I just don't see how theft can be in the game when there are hundreds or thousands of players all on this supposed mega server.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I just don't see how theft can be in the game when there are hundreds or thousands of players all on this supposed mega server.
    They're not always going to be in the same place. I'm willing to bet money they'll use the channel system you see in many Korean MMO's, and some Western MMO's like SWTOR/Champions Online. This way they get multiple active versions of each zone running at once, allowing for cross-channel chat and grouping, but making sure they zones aren't overpopulated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They're not always going to be in the same place. I'm willing to bet money they'll use the channel system you see in many Korean MMO's, and some Western MMO's like SWTOR/Champions Online. This way they get multiple active versions of each zone running at once, allowing for cross-channel chat and grouping, but making sure they zones aren't overpopulated.
    As long as it doesn't become
    ccpls (change channel please) for people grinding.
    Then they rage at you if they don't. Which actually is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Apparently, they are going to be phasing things, grouping people of like mind with each other. So, those who aren't into hardcore pvp won't have to deal with those that are. Those that are into roleplaying won't have to put up with those that hate it. Etc and so forth. This is what they are attempting to do. As for the theft stuff, I would assume that after a while the things might respawn, or they will stay stolen for you but appear there for someone else. So if I stole all the armor laying around in an armor shop, they will stay gone for me, but the person next to me might still end up seeing them. Not sure. Same with the murder of NPCs.