Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    The fact is WoW is simply far superior to any other MMO on the market or coming in the near future.
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Where are you getting this from? I will hardly look at F2P games. I will check out a sub game long before I will touch a F2P game.
    So you only look at WoW, EVE, and Rift for major MMO's?

Deleted
    Hello everyone! I'm very excited about the upcomming TES:O game, and just wanted to share some feedback I recieved from the Technical Support staff regarding system requirements. (Note: It's probably the most insane response time I ever encountered. Within two minutes I recieved the response!)

Me:

Customer By Web Form 01/22/2013 03:33 PM
    Hello!

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question to ask, but it's been bothering me for months now. I understand that specific system requirements for TES:O have not yet been set, but.. I should start over.

I've been a long time TES fan. I've played and enjoyed the amazing games for so long that it's become a big part of me as a gamer and as a person. With the announcement of TES:O I became extremely excited but fear also struck me: Will I be able to play on my current computer?

I am not exactly rich and my PC is becomming more and more outdated as each year passes, but I was able to play Skyrim on low settings with little to no issues. I understand you're unable to give full details as to what the requirements will be, but can you atleast reveal the question; If I could play Skyrim, will I be able to play TES:O?

If you need full system specs, I'd be happy to follow up in an e-mail. Basics, I can tell my processor is Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20Ghz. My Ram is 4GB and my graphics card is ATI ATI Mobility radeon HD 4650 series.

Thank you a million times in advance, I really hope to get this question settled, even if I will be left with the dissapointing answer that I will not be able to enjoy the upcomming installment.

Kasper
    Support response:

Response Via Email (Melody) 01/22/2013 03:35 PM

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We have yet to announce system requirements for The Elder Scrolls Online, but our goal is to make the game playable on any PC or Mac purchased within the last five years. We'll discuss minimum and recommended specs closer to launch, so be sure to check back.

In the meantime, we’d also recommend you keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online, including release-date info. You’ll find those pages here:

https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
    http://twitter.com/TESOnline
    http://elderscrollsonline.com

You may also want to check out our official ESO FAQ, found here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/support

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    While that does not answer anything fully, looking back 5 years (My laptop is 4 years old) that should potentially involve all the way down to 2.00ghz processors and the 2000 radeon series.

If for nothing else, I also just wanted to share how impressed I was with the response time. Fastest ever experienced xD

Well I imagine that if you use a computer from 5 years back it won't look all that great but at least you'll be able to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I can not wait to play an argonian. They one thing they have that most others to don't. A playable reptilian race.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Theres alot more F2P players than Sub players. You get a bigger market with F2P. ESO should definitely go the GW2 route of B2P with a store. If they go P2P this is what will happen. They will sell 2 mil copies (because thats the trend for big name MMO's being sold in the NA/EU market) in the first week. When they post the first amount of subs they will have like 1.8 mil with like 2.3 mil copies sold. And all the forum posters will say the game failed blah blah blah and will say WoW has 10 mil subs its the greatest blah blah blah because WoW includes its Asian market in its sub totals and every new mmo that gets released is NA/EU.

MoP sold what 3.2 mil copies in the first week? Thats the majority of your NA/EU playerbase right there. And that is the number you should be comparing new MMO's to. Not 10 mil, not 12 mil, not 9.7 mil but 3.2 mil.

And if GW2 sold 3 mil copies in a few months since launch that is a good thing especially since they are rolling out Asian versions this year so u can expect that number to double. ESO Should expect a similar turn out in the NA/EU market where they are only gonna get around 2 mil players initially. If they want to boost big numbers they need to sell in the asian market and do what blizz does. Rely on the Asian market for huge numbers and rely on NA/EU markets for huge profits.

Although with F2P both markets will net huge profits.

Of course something that is free is going to have a bigger market than something that costs money. There is no denying that. I still don't see subs going away. Nor do i see them as a bad thing. I guess I could just be different also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Wasn't that just the confirmation e-mail?
    Ah perhaps i understood it wrong, i thought it meant those selected would be notified in 48 hours, but confirmation email is more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signed up, got "Above Average". Didn't fill out the guild thing cause my guild's not really worth "mentioning" at this point (mostly just a casual friendly guild that has a facebook page).

oh well, hopefully the dude that reviews my application will see the SWG love and hook it up.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    So you only look at WoW, EVE, and Rift for major MMO's?
    Eve is not my type of game.
    I like rift but can't quite get into the story.
    I currently play wow although not as much as my guild would like I'm sure.
    I tried TERA at launch liked the combat but hard for me to get into the story, like rift. This is one game I might play as F2P.
    Play SW:TOR as a star wars fanboy I don't think I could make myself hate this game.

These are the only ones I have even tried. I have not seen a F2P game that has interested me. Although you could call SW:TOR and TERA F2P now. I doubt I would have looked at tera if it was released F2P

Sorry for the off-topic. As I said in another post, it could just be my bias against F2P.

Signed up and got a Mr. Burns' "Excellent" (or a Homer's "Exactly"). Really looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. I'm a big TES fan, but I am willing to let certain things slide for the MMO (like the three faction aspect). I am a little bummed that I'll need to roll 3 characters to explore the entire world...well, I'm not too bummed about it since I'm normally an alt-o-holic anyways. My biggest concerns are combat and variety of viable character builds that actually feel different, with a little bit of crafting on the side.

Signed up, got above average. Their form is riddled with typos, I was kind of surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Signed up, got above average. Their form is riddled with typos, I was kind of surprised.
    Really? Like what? Just re-read everything and looks pretty good to me.

Where are people getting these rankings? I didn't get one. I filled out the form 2 hours ago and got nothing but a confirmation email.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Where are people getting these rankings? I didn't get one. I filled out the form 2 hours ago and got nothing but a confirmation email.
    when you fill out the application on the right there should of been a pop up saying the strength of your application.

Does this game offer the possibility to attack other players at any place, at any time and regardless whether they want it or not?

Basically I would be happy if it offers as much "ganking" as WoW offers,
    but newer games seem to rather take the "consensual PvP only" route, which I do not enjoy.

I can accept that players of my own faction are protected by some mysterious higher force that never explains itself, but I can't accept this for the opposing factions. It takes away too much excitement from a game if I cannot attack things that I normally should be able to attack and if those things cannot attack me. NPCs just feel dead to me, no unpredictable intentions and no emotions. Real evil can only come from other players, IF the game allows them to be a threat, to be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairoos View Post
    Does this game offer the possibility to attack other players at any place, at any time and regardless whether they want it or not?

but newer games seem to rather take the "consensual PvP only" route, which I do not enjoy.

I can accept that players of my own faction are protected by some mysterious higher force that never explains itself, but I can't accept this for the opposing factions. It takes away too much excitement from a game if I cannot attack things that I normally should be able to attack and if those things cannot attack me. NPCs just feel dead to me, no unpredictable intentions and no emotions. Real evil can only come from other players, IF the game allows them to be a threat, to be evil.
    I dont even think players can enter other factions zones. The only ganking will be done in the World PvP Zone as far as i know.

Well, game system like the Elder Scrolls, where your character can easily get overpowered compared to the enviroment, would allow just one person to ruin gameplay for hundreds, for as long as he wishes. So, rather not, and I'm glad because of it.

This game will allow you to express your will to slaughter others anyway, in great world PvP battles in Cyrodill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont even think players can enter other factions zones. The only ganking will be done in the World PvP Zone as far as i know.
    Didn't they say that they would allow us to go "everywhere" that's kinda the whole point on Elder Scrolls?

BUMP!?

Deleted

To my understanding, the game will offer each of the three factions their own stories, enviroments etc. A nord, for instance, will never enter High Rock nor will a Breton enter Valenwood etc.

However, the zones being designed this way, Zenimax has shaped Cyrodil as a massive PvP battle and FFA zone where you can go nuts on everyone else. (When they say Free For All I am not sure if that involves teammates from same faction even outside of the massive PvP battle thing?)

So yeah. You won't even encounter anyone from the other factions outside of the designated PvP area. And not as in "Oh I see him but can't attack him" he simply won't BE there.

But then again, it's only interpritation. You should check the website for answers by reading the developers blogs and such =)