Lately TES has become stale. Since Morrowind basically nothing happened in the franchise. Combine this with what I see are some very generic MMO elements such as "allowing generic MMO style zooming camera angle". This game is going to fail more than Age of Conan because it don't even has boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Lately TES has become stale. Since Morrowind basically nothing happened in the franchise. Combine this with what I see are some very generic MMO elements such as "allowing generic MMO style zooming camera angle". This game is going to fail more than Age of Conan because it don't even has boobs.
    Oh look, another morrowind fanatic.
    Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What do you mean by that? If you mean control responsiveness then I agree, it's very good. Otherwise the gameplay doesn't really stand out to me compared to numerous other games.
    Actually I don't agree The best game in responsiveness is Aion by far...I have made lot of tests to it with third party programms (not bots of course) and Aion is by far the king of responsiveness..and the strange is that it also have awesome combat animations too...wow has mediorce to bad combat animations yet still is behind responsiveness compared to Aion (usually combat animations cause the lack of responsiveness)
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    To arms, fellow video game lovers! They're here! Our defenses have been breached and the doomsday criers have arrived! Hold them back using logic and destroy their magic 8-balls which somehow predicts things that usually turns out wrong so they have no 'evidence' to their claims!

OT: Seriously, if you don't care about the game, have nothing to add or anything interresting to discuss, nor any points to your post or evidence to back up the claims, do us all a favor and just.. go somewhere else, alright? =)

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Actually I don't agree The best game in responsiveness is Aion by far...I have made lot of tests to it with third party programms (not bots of course) and Aion is by far the king of responsiveness..and the strange is that it also have awesome combat animations too...wow has mediorce to bad combat animations yet still is behind responsiveness compared to Aion (usually combat animations cause the lack of responsiveness)
    Aion has indeed great responsiveness, but better than wow is stretching it.

People really seem to lack understanding what this game actually is, there opinions in modding are real evidence to that. This is an mmo not a single player game .It will NOT have the same modding capabilities as a game like skyrim, it may have mods and addons for the ui similar to grid view, heal bot or recount. Do not expect them to allow people to create there own content. And if that is possible they will not release there modding tools for creating the game thus making it near impossible to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    When i played WoW i used Recount, DBM and Healbot. Recount wasnt needed for me as a player but was cool to look at but not something i needed to play the game. DBM was really helpful with timers since all of the boss encounters follow specific timed events and it made it easier for me to keep track of what was going on. Healbot i couldnt heal without. Just wasnt going to happen with my keyboard setup and how i play the game it would take too long to click ppl from raid frames and press skills. I wouldnt have ever healed without healbot.
    Having played a healer in SWTOR in WZ and ops with NO macros NO addons and NO cooldowns I can say this was a true nightmare. I did not even have the ability to make mouseover macros. One AoE healing spell was refreshing, but no CDs like GS or PS was backwards.

Bossmods trivialize the boss fights too much, requiring boss encounter designers to make more advanced encounters, or add more RNG (Ragnaros says hi).

Some say no DPS meter is refreshing. In GW2 you can pretty much tell who's shit by the amount of time they do corpserun or have to be reanimated. The latter of which fosters team spirit. However the inability to see performance when you're wiping on enrage sucks. So what did people do. MoX allowed for analyzing log and then they ran it on top of screen.

There are some beautiful UI for WoW. I really don't demand addon support from any new MMORPG right away. But if they programmed UI from the ground up to be not allowed, like SWTOR, then that is a minus for me. And yes Skyrim is modable but you need to put limitations on mods in MMO with economy, achievement, and competition. In WoW these exist with protected parts of the game, variables which cannot be touched.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    People really seem to lack understanding what this game actually is, there opinions in modding are real evidence to that. This is an mmo not a single player game .It will NOT have the same modding capabilities as a game like skyrim, it may have mods and addons for the ui similar to grid view, heal bot or recount. Do not expect them to allow people to create there own content. And if that is possible they will not release there modding tools for creating the game thus making it near impossible to do.
    Generally, yes, but it also depends how serious they see the game. How much competing there is no content. I mean WoW raiding just isn't an e-sport, and in tournaments you can disallow mods.

Fanboys started to pop here and there.

Infracted
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-27 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post

when i first mentioned mods, i meant ui addons simmilar to WoW, not player created content.

though player submiited content could be quite cool :P wouldn't expect it an mmo however.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-01-27 at 05:25 PM.

I have a question which I haven't been able to find out on my own. Does ESO allow for Conjuration? And if so, are they going to allow for Necromancy gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I have a question which I haven't been able to find out on my own. Does ESO allow for Conjuration? And if so, are they going to allow for Necromancy gameplay?
    That's an interesting question considering necromancy is all tied up with Mannimarco who was the first known necromancer. And of course, he's the bad guy who's sided with Molag Bal.

I would think there would be conjuration. I'm not sure if you could conjure up undead. But I would imagine you'd still be able to summon atronachs and probably other lesser daedra (Scamps, Clanfear, Golden Saints, etc.).
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-01-27 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    do we have any info on professions yet? will it be like previous ES games where you can do any profession you want, or do you think it will be limited? so say i wouldnt be able to have black smithing, alchemy and enchanting all together.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    do we have any info on professions yet? will it be like previous ES games where you can do any profession you want, or do you think it will be limited? so say i wouldnt be able to have black smithing, alchemy and enchanting all together.
    Paul Sage discusses crafting in this interview: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ogression.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Paul Sage discusses crafting in this interview: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ogression.html
    That doesn't really say much in that interview.

Deleted
    As long as it doesn't affect the single player games, I don't care about this filth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That doesn't really say much in that interview.
    True, but that's all the information they've given us so far on crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect the single player games, I don't care about this filth.
    Don't worry. Bethesda Game Studios will continue to work on the single player series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay hype! :P It's like guild wars 2 all over again :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yay hype! :P It's like guild wars 2 all over again :S
    compared to other mmos that have released this one is getting considerably less hype in my opinion, i think once beta starts we will see a lot more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Don't worry. Bethesda Game Studios will continue to work on the single player series.
    Is that actually confirmed? Or is it just an assumption, because of 2 different studios.
    It would be really sad, if no more ES singleplayer games will be released ..

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Is that actually confirmed? Or is it just an assumption, because of 2 different studios.
    It would be really sad, if no more ES singleplayer games will be released ..
    There is no confirmation, but it would be rather stupid for them to stop producing more Elder Scrolls games. We won't see another one, besides ESO, in the next few years, but yeah - you can expect more single player games. It is their goldmine after all.