Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    I'm pretty sure they lifted the NDA for the Cataclysm beta almost immediately after people downloaded the beta patch files from their server and consequently didn't bother with an NDA for MoP because once the information is on the internet it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
    There were absolutely NDA's for both in early beta testing. NDA's are pretty much par for the course with early betas, whether they be broader public closed betas of more closed off semi-public closed betas.

It's easier to not have to potentially hassle with companies yelling at you for hosting NDA breaches. Not to mention it's nice to respect the developers. They have NDA's for a reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion has also complied with takedown requests from Blizzard in the past. Regardless of that, ESO has an NDA and we'll follow it.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    MMO-Champion has also complied with takedown requests from Blizzard in the past. Regardless of that, ESO has an NDA and we'll follow it.
    Or we give them millions of dollars and ask them if we can talk about it then.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

I don't understand this.

It's their game anyway, they can do whatever they please with it, so why say ''it's not elder scrolls'', when it clearly is elder scrolls? Suppose they decided to change the combat system (not to the same combat system that WoW or Gw2 have, but something new), would that somehow make the game ''not elder scrolls''?
    Sure, they could make their game about magical ponies if they wanted to. But when compared to the Elder Scrolls games that came before it, the concept of what an Elder Scrolls game is in the minds of players, I'm betting a lot of people would say "That's no Elder Scrolls." Even if it's made by the same people.

Besides, all I expressed was my opinion on the subject of that I didn't feel like it would be Elder Scrolls to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Think of it this way, if you are a mage how are you gonna swap out your spells without some sort of hotbar since it's an MMO and you can't pause in the middle of combat to do so? Plus, in Skyrim you had favorites that you could set, if you could remember what you set to which number, it was quite convenient. So the hotbar really isn't any different than that except you can see what skills you have slotted. You won't be using your mouse to fire them off so they aren't "clickable" in that way. You'd use the number keys. Which again is similar to the favorites except that with the favorites you also had to use a trigger key to fire it.
    Okay, there was the favorites wheel in Oblivion(I didn't like how Favorites worked in Skyrim) which made it kinda like a hotbar system and admittedly I didn't use it very often. I wasn't a huge fan of magic really, I had one or two spells I liked and that was it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

So will we even be able to see someone from another faction? Are there any neutral zones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    So will we even be able to see someone from another faction? Are there any neutral zones?
    Yes. Cyrodil, the biggest zone in the game. (Sorry to be so short but it's been asked and answered over 30 times now. Please, please read atleast vaguely around the topic. Or beg for a seperate ESO subforum which would make navigation of such questions ALOT easier =P )

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Yea elderscrolls games are known for not having many skills which is why im curious to know what skills they will be adding for melee. Mages get alot of spells from healing to the elements (fire, frost, lightning) to summon spells. We know whats in store for us there. But what about Warriors? In skyrim all you do is hack and slash and block from time to time, no abilities like leaping or special attack skills just plain ol sword and board. I am definitely curious as to what abilities they will add to make anything other than a mage interesting to play for me.
    In the trailer i've seen, there is a melee character throwing something like a chain at the enemy to pull it to him. In the end (and this is just assumption from what i have seen in the trailer, wich is basically nothing, and by just guessing) i think if you go pure melee, it will either be like 1) The Barbarian from Diablo 3 when you go heavy armor/big weapons 2) The Rogue from World of Warcraft if you decide to go with lighter armor and daggers or swords. But, you know... elderscrolls-i-fied^^

I take it there is a limit to what you can perk? For example you wanna max out enchanting and dabble a bit into tailoring or armor smith(whatever category they decide to place it in) but also wanna max out your potential spells(Fire,Ice,Illusion,) If they go the perk route i hope they keep trade skills away from it, doesn't really seem fair to place them there.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Yes. Cyrodil, the biggest zone in the game. (Sorry to be so short but it's been asked and answered over 30 times now. Please, please read atleast vaguely around the topic. Or beg for a seperate ESO subforum which would make navigation of such questions ALOT easier =P )
    All the zones are faction locked so each faction zone is neutral in a sense there is no pvp fighting in it. The only pvp takes place in Cyrodiil and that is the only place you will ever see members of the other factions. So there are no zones that are non-pvp that have members of the other factions in them, all together.

In the attempt to simplify the concept, I think I overcomplicated it.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-02-07 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post

i think a mod or the original poster needs to update the first post with information we have so far. would save everyone asking the same questions every few pages.

Thought the thing was there was very little actual information. I am hoping to see another "introduction to TESO" movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think a mod or the original poster needs to update the first post with information we have so far. would save everyone asking the same questions every few pages.
    If someone wants to write a new post for the #1 and it's well-formatted I'd be happy to edit it in if you PM me the BBCode for it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Hey guys, I don't know much about this game but I'm curious, just how hard do you think it is to get a beta invite? Do you think that any qualified applicant will get in, or that it'll be really selective?

Edit: Oh and I'm not talking about stuff from the NDA or whatever so please don't sue me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Hey guys, I don't know much about this game but I'm curious, just how hard do you think it is to get a beta invite? Do you think that any qualified applicant will get in, or that it'll be really selective?

Edit: Oh and I'm not talking about stuff from the NDA or whatever so please don't sue me lol.
    It will be really selective at the start. They want to test certain systems and gameplay aspects and they dont need alot of ppl to do that stuff. Getting feedback on the fluidity of the game, quest structure you dont need many ppl for but you do need a gamers opinion and not a game designers, cuz designers think they have it all figured out but gamers are picky. So they just want general feedback on their game from small groups of ppl. Now once they want to start testing their mass pvp system and stressing servers thats when anyone whos anyone is gonna get in if they signed up.

Thanks.

Uhm. If the game has a beta then doesn't that mean the game isn't out yet? So why are they asking for guild name and website on the Beta sign up sheet lol. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Uhm. If the game has a beta then doesn't that mean the game isn't out yet? So why are they asking for guild name and website on the Beta sign up sheet lol. Is there something I'm missing?
    The same reason why SWTOR had pre-made guilds and guild sites. Just to see if you already have an established small community with which you are going to play. Also, if I remember correctly, entire guilds were let in the beta in SWTOR. If you were in one. And the guild names were already registered within the game.

:O Let me put on of you guys's guild names and guild websites. Can any of you hook me up with a guild website or guild name I can use?

I did some tests and those guild parameters are the difference between an average and an above average application.

Edit: Actually if I lie and say I played Skyrim (which I did not but I saw a few videos and my physics lab partner talked about it lol) I can get an Excellent!

You can get above average without the guild things, at least me and my friends were able to get above average without them. Though I suppose it can help you with boosting to excellent chances of getting in. Haven't heard about any guilds that will transfer to ESO or created especially for ESO yet.

Deleted
    :O Let me put on of you guys's guild names and guild websites. Can any of you hook me up with a guild website or guild name I can use?

I did some tests and those guild parameters are the difference between an average and an above average application.

Edit: Actually if I lie and say I played Skyrim (which I did not but I saw a few videos and my physics lab partner talked about it lol) I can get an Excellent!
    But Blueobelisk.. why, that would be cheating, lying and scamming, would'nt it?

I don't judge. I bet you half the people who signed up lied one way or another. I just hope some of us honest guys'll get in aswell eventually for one test or another. If for nothing then stress tests. But I digress..

Here. Take your pick: http://www.tesof.com/forum-guilds

These guys are so serious about guilds and applications already! Wtf. I don't even know half of what they're talking about lol.

Eh okay I think I got one...? A guild I mean.

Edit: ...They require you to have beta tested another MMO to get in. Well. It looks like I beta tested MoP now.

Oh and tyvm Kasp. And Nev.