Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    Personally I don't expect it to be anywhere as popular as WoW. I'm just looking forward to playing something different after 6 years of WoW. Need a breath of fresh air, etc.
    You do realize that there are plenty of different games already out in the market, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    9 inches, at least.
    I'd cry if mine was that small....

/cry
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    Personally I don't expect it to be anywhere as popular as WoW. I'm just looking forward to playing something different after 6 years of WoW. Need a breath of fresh air, etc.
    Don't need to wait for ESO to play something different.

Of course. And none have quipped my interest as much as Skyrim (though the whole first person view thing makes me want to hurl) and now TESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

/cry
    I'm half Asian, that's my excuse. I make up for it with my cooking.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm half Asian, that's my excuse. I make up for it with my cooking.
    Damn it now I want Chinese food (NOT ASSUMING YOU'RE CHINESE).

And some ESO news.

DAMN IT GIVES US MORE ESO NEWS!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

/cry
    i just skipped to the last page of the thread, and this is the first thing i see. no idea what this thread is about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Personally, anything over 500k is huge.
    500k what?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    500k what?
    What else? What are we talking about here? Subscribers or F2P players is the only distinction I can see you're aiming for, but either way, players are players. 500k F2P players still end ups being enough for a game to run itself.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

What else? What are we talking about here? Subscribers or F2P players is the only distinction I can see you're aiming for, but either way, players are players. 500k F2P players still end ups being enough for a game to run itself.
    For some reason I thought he was talking about world/map size -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    For some reason I thought he was talking about world/map size -_-
    i hope the world is large... i know that a good chunk wont be open at launch so they have lots of stuff for later patches but really i would like to find some new continents such as the one humans came from originally though... that one is a tad icy now
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Just a random thought, and I'm probably the only one who would like this, but I always thought it would be cool if the world map started out blank. Blank as in no outlines of the world. Just a blank map. As you explore the world, your map gets filled in. Not in clumps like WoW, but slowly drawn in as if your character was drawing it.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Just a random thought, and I'm probably the only one who would like this, but I always thought it would be cool if the world map started out blank. Blank as in no outlines of the world. Just a blank map. As you explore the world, your map gets filled in. Not in clumps like WoW, but slowly drawn in as if your character was drawing it.
    Like an RTS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Like an RTS?
    He's actually talking about procedural generation, he just doesn't know it. That's being done in Infinity - The Quest for Earth, albeit at a scale millions of times greater.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-02-16 at 08:00 PM. Reason: link because of popularity
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    He's actually talking about procedural generation, he just doesn't know it. That's being done in Infinity - The Quest for Earth, albeit at a scale millions of times greater.
    I think he's talking about an RTS map.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Wow, never heard of that and It looks very cool.

holy god... just gotta say, that infinity thing looks fucking amazing.

If you read MMORPG.com it's no longer ESO is going to kill WoW.

Now it's Camelot Unchained will kill ESO before it has a chance to kill WoW.

This whole MMO's killing other MMO's thing is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    If you read MMORPG.com it's no longer ESO is going to kill WoW.

Now it's Camelot Unchained will kill ESO before it has a chance to kill WoW.

This whole MMO's killing other MMO's thing is getting ridiculous.
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...ibit-happy.jpg

it is pretty damn ridiculous. but, i guess it will always be a brought up.

Deleted
    There is no point bothering with topics about mmo killing, one side attempts to preach whilst the other just pointlessly try to flame it because they have nothing better to do and have spud like intelligence. It's best not to live and die by other peoples comments as i see too many people do on many forums from sports to games, this thread being a good example :P

EDIT: i am aware of the irony of my preaching :P

holy god... just gotta say, that infinity thing looks fucking amazing.
    What infinity thing?
    Last edited by mmoc474cf509db; 2013-02-16 at 01:00 PM.