Will TESO have elements from SWTOR such as cutscenes, dialogue choices/consequences, fully voiced acted questing? It it does then I'll be very happy(if they don't fuck up the end game though).
    Those were my favorite things from SWTOR. Everything else was just garbage, but the story and questing was excellent.

The only things I know TESO will have so far is full voice acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Beta has only been out for friends and family of developers. I'm pretty sure everyone here have zero connections so no none of us can tell you.

Gosh I can't wait to see how well my application did. I don't even remember what I said.
    I put algebra in my application as proof that I can do math. Because I know the majority of the internet can't. I also made sure the problem I used wasn't one you could just type into Google and find as an example. I got it off an old test from back when I took algebra. ^_^

I basically said that I'll be a theorycrafter and very active part of the community, and I will be an asset in helping to find overpowered builds before they hit live. I also made up a sample bug report to prove that I know what goes into a good bug report. If I don't get in I call major bullshit, because I made myself out to be the god of beta testers and I backed it up with facts wherever possible.

There must be a few hundred thousand sign ups to the beta. Do you guys really think they're reading any of that? Even at a thousand per day, they'd never get through all of it. It'll be completely random, with a few filters through a computerized system to sort some out.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'll be like applications going through HR in a job hunt. The computer will look for key words and answers. If it doesn't have that, your application will go back to the pile, if it does it'll move on to the next selection process.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Will TESO have elements from SWTOR such as cutscenes, dialogue choices/consequences, fully voiced acted questing? It it does then I'll be very happy(if they don't fuck up the end game though).
    Those were my favorite things from SWTOR. Everything else was just garbage, but the story and questing was excellent.

The only things I know TESO will have so far is full voice acting.
    TESO will have what you want; speechcraft can give different dialogue options for (fully voiced) quests. Moral choices are also present, i.e you meet a sorcerer who has made a pact with a daedric demon. You can approach the quest by A) help sorcerer B) help demon to enslave sorcerer's soul C) screw them both over.

Also you can choose to save a village of people or let them all die, however saving them can lead to additional quests from them down the line, or killing them would make them gone forever. I would bet that making evil choices will open up very interesting lasting consequences (I just hope the game makes it fair for evil and good decisions).

Tamriel Foundry has really great info and is the best up-to-date TESO site I've found so far:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    There must be a few hundred thousand sign ups to the beta. Do you guys really think they're reading any of that? Even at a thousand per day, they'd never get through all of it. It'll be completely random, with a few filters through a computerized system to sort some out.
    Shut up! I can dream!!!

*pretends that Zenimax carefully reads every application and will pick his for being the bestest*

ESO playable demo at Pax East: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...so-at-pax-east

From Friday, March 22nd through Sunday, March 24th, we’ll be giving you a chance to play The Elder Scrolls Online at the Bethesda booth (number 912).

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Yay, we'll see some unfiltered responses from people. Eager to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could go to PAX. Still happy we'll be getting some info.

I could go to the food truck thing in Austin because I'm 30 mins away from the thing. But I won't because I truly hate Austin that much. Such a hell hole of a city. So many brainwashed hipsters and mentally insane environmentalists who just passed a law banning plastic and paper bags for grocery stores.

That was probably way too off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I could go to the food truck thing in Austin because I'm 30 mins away from the thing. But I won't because I truly hate Austin that much. Such a hell hole of a city. So many brainwashed hipsters and mentally insane environmentalists who just passed a law banning plastic and paper bags for grocery stores.

That was probably way too off topic.
    So you have to use cloth bags or something?

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

So you have to use cloth bags or something?
    Yes. Your now forced to use those shit reusable bags. I'm not going further in to it, If I do I'd just make a 5 paragraph long rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's at PAX East... Fuck me. I was going to go to that too but decided not too buy a plane ticket and save my money. (I still have the ticket for Sunday if anyone wants it).
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I put algebra in my application as proof that I can do math. Because I know the majority of the internet can't. I also made sure the problem I used wasn't one you could just type into Google and find as an example. I got it off an old test from back when I took algebra. ^_^

I basically said that I'll be a theorycrafter and very active part of the community, and I will be an asset in helping to find overpowered builds before they hit live. I also made up a sample bug report to prove that I know what goes into a good bug report. If I don't get in I call major bullshit, because I made myself out to be the god of beta testers and I backed it up with facts wherever possible.
    LOLOL algebra doesn't mean you know how to theorycraft! I would honestly be SHOCKED if they invited you. Not because of your algebra, but because I honestly doubt they need people to see which classes or races or whatever are overpowered, I'm sure the developers will see that themselves.

I wanna see what you wrote on your app now. Go find me the algebra stuff. Tehehehe.

Really? Hundreds of thousands? They said at max for "stress tests" they only wanted a few thousand beta testers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'll be like applications going through HR in a job hunt. The computer will look for key words and answers. If it doesn't have that, your application will go back to the pile, if it does it'll move on to the next selection process.
    You guys really don't think they're gonna read that stuff? :/

I wish I had like some shitty computer specs to use with like fucking Windows XP. Would be a surefire way in to Beta. "Look at this noob from the 1990s, let's see if he can play on that antique piece of shit computer. Invite."

Really? Hundreds of thousands? They said at max for "stress tests" they only wanted a few thousand beta testers.
    Overall beta sign ups =/= beta players they let in. Not sure if that's what's confusing you or not. If GW2 gets a million sign ups in a few days, I'm more than sure TESO has gotten 6 digits after all this time.

I just didn't think they got that many sign ups lol, wow that's a lot. We're never gonna get in.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yay, we'll see some unfiltered responses from people. Eager to read.
    Not to burst any bubbles - but look at all the "unfiltered" responses we got from Star Wars: The Old Republic between demos and beta.

Then the game came out...

Yeah, I'm not trusting ANY OPINION at this point in its dev cycle. Too many fans right now will run around a forest, kill a few bears, and then claim it's a perfect Elder Scroll game.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 02:58 AM ----------

I just didn't think they got that many sign ups lol, wow that's a lot. We're never gonna get in.
    Skyrim sold well over 10 million copies... why would a few hundred thousand be a surprise?

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    There are plans for battlegrounds/instanced pvp and dungeons with bosses for the faction that wins control of Cyrodiil (a la Wintergrasp):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv27znEcZ4
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

My favorite memories of PVP in WoW involved world pvp ie Tarren Mill, Nessingwary's camp in Stranglethorn, etc.
    So... basically extra dungeons if you play as the Ebonheart Pact? :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah, I'm not trusting ANY OPINION at this point in its dev cycle. Too many fans right now will run around a forest, kill a few bears, and then claim it's a perfect Elder Scroll game.
    Damned furries, ruining the game for the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want more information released love the fact there is some options ( if there is any truth to the faqs posted so far )
    if vamprism and werewolfs are confirmed in some form, why not the thieves guild or dark brotherhood
    waiting for the beta or a release date with nothing to play is taking too damn long
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I would expect the playerbase for TESO to be the absolute worst. Then again almost every MMO has the absolute worst playerbase. The game MMO I've played so far that isn't full of asshats is GW2(my experience). Can't you chose want kind of people you prefer to play with? I could've sworn I heard that somewhere.

It would be nice to choose what type of players you prefer to play with.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-03-10 at 04:51 AM.