10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, forgot about Dragon Knights. I wonder if they'll be related to Dragonborn lore in anyway?

I have a good feeling about this game. Looking forward to PAX east and videos from the playable demo. As an i7 owner I am very happy about multi-core suppport as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Newest "Ask Us Anything" about combat. Good read:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...nything-combat

Dragon Knight class is not related to the dragonborn in anyways, it is related the akaviri in terms of lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Dragon Knight class is not related to the dragonborn in anyways, it is related the akaviri in terms of lore.
    What can you tell me about Dragon Knights? If it breaks the NDA, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-12 at 02:58 AM.

I don't think it would be breaking any NDA saying the Dragonknight and any other class for that matter, can fill any role in the holy trinity (Read in the newest "Ask is anything" from ZOS) and that the game looks absolutely beautyful! (From the few videos that has been released at least)

I hope we get to see all the "classes" at PAX east and that we get to know a bit more of their end-game. I would really like to know how much focus they have on 5-mans, raiding and PvP compared to dailys, profession grinding etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    key word at launch
    Blizzard said in 2006 that WoW wouldn't have Player Housing at launch either, but would show up later in an expansion.

...don't... you... believe... Developers! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Newest "Ask Us Anything" about combat. Good read:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...nything-combat
    So a mix of Tera/GW2 combat..I didn't like the part you have to switch weapons and abilities that are bind on weapons...is one of the things I didn't liked in gw2..the weapon swap.I just hope that in teso the weapon swap will be more situational rather than part of the rotation.

Also the whole free character build system seem like "fake". For example if I want to make a "rogue", why not go for medium armor to get bonus on sneak and dodge e.t.c.?if I make a caster why not go light and get bonuses to magicka?

• If you advance down the light armor progression line, you are likely to get bonuses to spells, magicka regeneration, and the like.
    • Medium armor skill lines give you more bonuses to stamina activities such as dodge, sneak, etc.
    • Heavy armor skill lines give bonuses to received healing, bracing, etc.
    Just because I can be a mage with heavy armor doesn't mean that is not stupid to do so...I don't want to misjudge it, and I hope that armor bonuses have bonuses for all type of players (caster, agile fighters,tanks,heavy fighters, Healers, e.t.c.), but from what he said I don't have high hopes
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Not all of your skills are tied to your weapon. I think there's something like 2 skills you get from the weapon and the remainder come from your class choice or perk choices.

Also, you can mix and match armor pieces. So you can gather up a variety of different bonuses from the different armor types if that is what you really want to do.

Most of the time when I play Elder Scrolls games, my character is running around in a mixture of different armor types.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-03-12 at 11:52 AM.

It depends how many skill points you will have, if you continue get skill points after level cap somehow...if distribute your points through armor type and you lose the top perk of an armor type that makes huge difference maybe is not wise or viable..but we can wait and see for it In my elder scrolls game I also make lot of different combinations but MMOs need efficiency and I am afraid that certain perks would be mandatory for certain classes..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, can't decide which faction I want to play. I want to be breton, but I don't like the rest of the daggerfall races and the zones they start in. If the aldmeri races act like the thalmor do in skyrim, I certainly don't want to be them. I hate nords, but like argonians, and don't really mind dark elves. But man, putting up with those nords will be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Ugh, can't decide which faction I want to play. I want to be breton, but I don't like the rest of the daggerfall races and the zones they start in. If the aldmeri races act like the thalmor do in skyrim, I certainly don't want to be them. I hate nords, but like argonians, and don't really mind dark elves. But man, putting up with those nords will be annoying.
    After playing Morrowind, every time I think of Nords I think of all the naked Nords that were bewitched. I guess I'll always think of them as being not all that bright barbarians.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but think of the nords as the overcompensating high school jocks of tamriel. But I guess that could be plus since I can use them as willing meat shields while I do my business from afar or behind.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-12 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    So a mix of Tera/GW2 combat..I didn't like the part you have to switch weapons and abilities that are bind on weapons...is one of the things I didn't liked in gw2..the weapon swap.I just hope that in teso the weapon swap will be more situational rather than part of the rotation.

Also the whole free character build system seem like "fake". For example if I want to make a "rogue", why not go for medium armor to get bonus on sneak and dodge e.t.c.?if I make a caster why not go light and get bonuses to magicka?

Just because I can be a mage with heavy armor doesn't mean that is not stupid to do so...I don't want to misjudge it, and I hope that armor bonuses have bonuses for all type of players (caster, agile fighters,tanks,heavy fighters, Healers, e.t.c.), but from what he said I don't have high hopes
    the word rogue doesn't mean the same to you as it does other people. what you've been exposed to growing up, your age, your interests, all determine what you think a generic template should be

look at faeries. originally they were mean, mischievous and dangerous creatures. then they became tinker bell. elves were tiny little creatures who would make deals with humans then never live up to their end of the bargain, in wow they're nothing of the sort

all YOU can do is make a character that YOU want to play. this is why i laugh at folks who think sandbox MMOs will ever succeed again, the average MMO player needs his hand held from day 1, they don't need and can't handle much decision making

the people who play games today don't like to think very much

Apparently morrowind leaves something in our minds. There was this temple in which there were some worshippers of sheogorath. Everytime I bump into stuff related to sheogorath in elder scrolls I somehow remember that orc in one of the corners wearing heavy armor. When you try to speak to him, he just meows like a cat.

Hmmm...that reminds me. Having read this thread only very partially, will there be daedric quests to obtain those artifacts? If there is how are they going to handle all the people using same items that there should be only one ... oh well...they can probably ignore it at the cost of immersion! Or think of an excuse like "duh, they are daedric artifacts. You think puny things like cause and effect, time or any kind of logic that mortals can understand apply to them!".

I'm not sure there will be any daedric artifacts that we saw in the single-player games. It would be like giving out Froustmourne to every player in WoW. But I do believe there will be new daedric artifacts, specially created for the MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching the cinematic again. Is that nord using a weapon or is he fighting those wolf things with his hands? It's hard to tell since they're in the dark. Also, is it safe to say the rogue looking guy is some sort of Nightingale?
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-12 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    the word rogue doesn't mean the same to you as it does other people. what you've been exposed to growing up, your age, your interests, all determine what you think a generic template should be

look at faeries. originally they were mean, mischievous and dangerous creatures. then they became tinker bell. elves were tiny little creatures who would make deals with humans then never live up to their end of the bargain, in wow they're nothing of the sort

all YOU can do is make a character that YOU want to play. this is why i laugh at folks who think sandbox MMOs will ever succeed again, the average MMO player needs his hand held from day 1, they don't need and can't handle much decision making

the people who play games today don't like to think very much
    that was a bit insulting btw but ok, lets move on...When I say rogue I mean an Agile fighter..I have not grown up with wow if thats what you mean but in any game I have played rogue is an agile, medium armor fighter with sneak and tricks and poisons. In skyrim I have done countless character builds that I like and trust me I can make decisions...I am 31 years old and trust me I have played rpg games more complicated that you can ever imagine.

For example if I want to create a "sorcerer" and I go down to the destruction perks, why not chose light armor that will boost my spells, magicka regeneration, and the like? I said that I am afraid that the game will "force" you into some standards and the dream of free customization will be replaced by MMO efficiency...but I hope to be wrong about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    For example if I want to create a "sorcerer" and I go down to the destruction perks, why not chose light armor that will boost my spells, magicka regeneration, and the like? I said that I am afraid that the game will "force" you into some standards and the dream of free customization will be replaced by MMO efficiency...but I hope to be wrong about this.
    It depends on what you're going for. If you want to be a spell-flinging turret that can blow shit up but breaks like glass if anyone so much as nudges you, then yes. You would go for the cloth armor.

However, if you want to get right up in the action and be able to outlast your opponent, then you'd go the heavy armor route. Hell, you might even just get yourself a broadsword and just use your sorcerer abilities to augment your melee attacks.

I heard beta invites will be going out at the end of this month. This true?

Tired of wasting away, waiting to see if I get a beta vite or not.