It does seem they are listening to the Elder Scrolls fans and putting in some changes due to that. So thumbs up for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yeah, adding first person view and action combat is huge compared to what they originally planned (which looked like it would play a little like age of wushu in terms of targeting and attack / block mechanics) and will shore up the TES fan base.

Nothing pisses fans off more than when you make an MMO that doesn't resemble the franchise it is based off of.
    Targeting system & ranged attacks were never anything like Age of Wushu, it was always an extremely soft targeting assist but people over reacted and were too stupid to understand what they meant when they explained how they wanted the system to work.

I just read an article on IGN, they have some updated news with this game, dude played it for like 4 hours.

One thing that sticks out to me, no raiding!! WTF will end game be about? All Pvp? That really harsh's my mellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I just read an article on IGN, they have some updated news with this game, dude played it for like 4 hours.

One thing that sticks out to me, no raiding!! WTF will end game be about? All Pvp? That really harsh's my mellow.

I just facepalmed hard, no raiding equals no endgame to you?

well wouldn't no endgame be a good thing? that would mean the game never ends

WTF will end game be about? All Pvp? That really harsh's my mellow.
    Crafting?
    World bosses?
    Story arcs?
    5 man dungeons?
    Achievement hunting?
    Treasure hunting?
    Building stuff?
    Breeding dragons?
    Bounty hunting rare / hard npcs?
    Winning at the economy?

Those are some ideas for end game that aren't raiding. /shrug.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not going to be raiding? They said there would be in the introduction video.

lol not having raiding is going to be a mistake. That was GW2's original plan but they caved in and made fractals. Really all they have to do is make an uber hard dungeon tuned for x amount of people. Not asking for WoW quality raiding, but not having a PvE endgame isn't going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    . That was GW2's original plan but they caved in and made fractals.
    You'll have to explain to me how fractals = raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to recall hearing something about how certain keeps/buildings in Cyrodiil will potentially have instanced raid-esque zones tied to them so your faction can enter when you capture the keep, can't remember if it was an idea or a feature though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You'll have to explain to me how fractals = raiding
    completing fractal 1 gives you gear that's required for fractal 2

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    completing fractal 1 gives you gear that's required for fractal 2
    no it doesn't

agony resistance only comes into play on level 20+ fractals

Adventure zones are TESO's version of raiding, I'm fairly certain. It is used for solo play, group play, and raid-sized experiences.

Also there will be around 30 heroics, with an extended story in addition to more powerful mobs.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The only bad part is that they're being pretty clear that factions won't be able to cross into each other's territory, meaning no world PvP. But still, this is a step in the right direction.
    They said you can go into enemy faction territory at level 50; you unlock entering one and once you finish it, you unlock the third faction territory. What that means for world pvp, I'm not sure...

Or perhaps you meant not being able to see the enemy faction when in their territory, such as being phased? I could totally see that being the case, but it would be a very sad case indeed.
    Last edited by Woakerio; 2013-03-20 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    They said you can go into enemy faction territory at level 50; you unlock entering one and once you finish it, you unlock the third faction territory. What that means for world pvp, I'm not sure...

Or perhaps you meant not being able to see the enemy faction when in their territory, such as being phased? I could totally see that being the case, but it would be a very sad case indeed.
    I'm pretty sure what they mean is that you can only go into Faction A territory when you're aligned to Faction A, Faction B when you're B, C when you're C.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm pretty sure what they mean is that you can only go into Faction A territory when you're aligned to Faction A, Faction B when you're B, C when you're C.
    Ah, now I see. That seems odd since Zenimax said they wanted to encourage faction pride and enemy faction hate though. As if in WoW: "For the Horde, gather 6 worg heads to aid the war effort to help crush the filthy night elves!"...I'm a night elf >.<

Or maybe it works different?

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    Ah, now I see. That seems odd since Zenimax said they wanted to encourage faction pride and enemy faction hate though. As if in WoW: "For the Horde, gather 6 worg heads to aid the war effort to help crush the filthy night elves!"...I'm a night elf >.<

Or maybe it works different?
    Yea I don't know, it's interesting. I'm just really looking forward to the fact that the second faction you do will all be level 50 content, and then the third will be even harder. I think I'll trade my fictitious faction pride for that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Yea I don't know, it's interesting. I'm just really looking forward to the fact that the second faction you do will all be level 50 content, and then the third will be even harder. I think I'll trade my fictitious faction pride for that.
    Definitely, the ability to explore all areas is worth minor inconsistencies. And players can always just think of their character as a defector.

Also, some brand new awesome in-game footage in this vid:

http://www.buffed.de/TES-The-Elder-S...rsion-1061257/

And:

http://www.buffed.de/TES-The-Elder-S...rsion-1061243/

I heard this idea of a new game + and ++ from the lead game designer. Seems pretty cool way of adding post level cap challenge and creating reason to explore the other two factions.

Have to say, I really like that idea.

So, does anyone know what happened to the Warden class that was talked about but not shown at the first event? It was supposed to be a more defensive caster, but today's articles are saying that the only launch classes will be Dragonknight, Templar, Sorcerer, and Nightblade. Did it get cut, did the reviewers make a mistake, or do we just not know yet? I was actually interested in that class!

On another note, really excited about 50+ and 50++!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    So, does anyone know what happened to the Warden class that was talked about but not shown at the first event? It was supposed to be a more defensive caster, but today's articles are saying that the only launch classes will be Dragonknight, Templar, Sorcerer, and Nightblade. Did it get cut, did the reviewers make a mistake, or do we just not know yet? I was actually interested in that class!

On another note, really excited about 50+ and 50++!
    dammit, this thread moves too fast, what is 50+ 50++???