Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    No, no, no ,no no.

Please can we just have one game that doesn't have to be/ have multiplayer.
    No No NO NO NO you can't its fruitless and makes no money. You think Skyrim sold less or more copies compared to say Call of duty? Yet the most popular game in the world League of Legends is pure multiplayer, so while you feel like the "Masses" you specifically are a minority in the gaming world as such you will have a minority of games to play.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Ultima Online did this, but horses were really cheap back then. I remember running around with a pack horse and the constant fear a PK would appear and steal all my precious ore... hach.

I hope there'll be only horses, a giant ostrich or lizard just wouldn't really fit into the game...
    But i guess we'll be able to customize our mounts with the fabulous horse armor addon from the store - only 9,99$/€!
    LOL the old rule set on Ultima was so messed up get mugged and robbed.

Does anyone know if Teso have different animations regarding combat by race choice? Helps me pick a race in other games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthodax View Post
    Does anyone know if Teso have different animations regarding combat by race choice? Helps me pick a race in other games
    From what I can tell by the videos, no. Like its always been in Elder Scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Let us steal and lose and kill mounts and I'd be perfectly happy. I said this a few pages back but I'll say it again. IMO it should be like Skyrim. You can take a horse if you see it in the world, you can lose a horse if it dies/if you abandon it, and you can buy a new horse at any stable. If you log out while a horse is in your possession then the horse will disappear with you, and when you log back in then you'll still have it, but if you lose it then you lose it. Just don't make them too expensive so people won't whine every time they lose their mount.
    Oh I wish.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Let us steal and lose and kill mounts and I'd be perfectly happy. I said this a few pages back but I'll say it again. IMO it should be like Skyrim. You can take a horse if you see it in the world, you can lose a horse if it dies/if you abandon it, and you can buy a new horse at any stable. If you log out while a horse is in your possession then the horse will disappear with you, and when you log back in then you'll still have it, but if you lose it then you lose it. Just don't make them too expensive so people won't whine every time they lose their mount.
    on the topic of horses, there will be mounted combat right?

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 01:09 PM ----------

im really not going to be too worried if the game does suck, i spent 90% of my time in skyrim exploring, ill probably do the same here if its big enough and they make an interesting world.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 01:09 PM ----------

im really not going to be too worried if the game does suck, i spent 90% of my time in skyrim exploring, ill probably do the same here if its big enough and they make an interesting world.
    I'd doubt it. If they do, it'll probably be like skyrim's. Imo better off without it.

On the subject of weapons, Do you guys think we'll be seeing a variety of weapons? like spears/crossbows/Flails that kinda thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Don't think there was anything about that announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthodax View Post

On the subject of weapons, Do you guys think we'll be seeing a variety of weapons? like spears/crossbows/Flails that kinda thing
    So far it's best to assume there will be 1 handed and 2 handed swords, axes and maces. Then there will be destruction or restoration staves. Bows will be in, of course. I'm not sure if daggers will be in or not. I remember reading somewhere that different weapons have different ranges too, so a giant claymore type sword will have a longer swing range than your average hand axe.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 05:28 PM ----------

I hope they add in the Wabbajack. I don't care if it doesn't work on players, I'll be happy with just NPCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I hope they add in the Wabbajack. I don't care if it doesn't work on players, I'll be happy with just NPCs.
    No it should work on players.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind if they add the known Deadric Artifacts, just for collectors purposes and not actual Gameplay. Like a different kind (and more interesting ) of Achievement hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    No it should work on players.
    Oooo that could bring a whole new level of fun to Cyrodiil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    No No NO NO NO you can't its fruitless and makes no money. You think Skyrim sold less or more copies compared to say Call of duty? Yet the most popular game in the world League of Legends is pure multiplayer, so while you feel like the "Masses" you specifically are a minority in the gaming world as such you will have a minority of games to play.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 09:46 AM ----------

LOL the old rule set on Ultima was so messed up get mugged and robbed.

is lol that much money? that is also a factor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    is lol that much money? that is also a factor
    yeaaah LoL is free to play so I don't know how they get the title "most popular game in the world".

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    yeaaah LoL is free to play so I don't know how they get the title "most popular game in the world".
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...y-active-users

32 million active monthly users (unique), 12 million actively daily users (unique), concurrent peak of 3 million players. I don't remember the stats from some of the older F2P games popular in China, but I don't think even those (something like Maple Story or whatnot) can boast anywhere close to this money active users at any point in their lifespan.

Also, Riot is insanely profitable. They got purchased for $400 million a early last year (IIRC) and their estimated daily revenue is between $5-10 million.

I'd say they're doing well for themselves as a F2P game too : P

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...y-active-users

32 million active monthly users (unique), 12 million actively daily users (unique), concurrent peak of 3 million players. I don't remember the stats from some of the older F2P games popular in China, but I don't think even those (something like Maple Story or whatnot) can boast anywhere close to this money active users at any point in their lifespan.

Also, Riot is insanely profitable. They got purchased for $400 million a early last year (IIRC) and their estimated daily revenue is between $5-10 million.

I'd say they're doing well for themselves as a F2P game too : P
    Lol is also by far the most popular game on the livestreams. Whenever there's a good lol streamer or tournament on twitch, it completely dwarfs all other streams. The only times I've ever seen SC2 or Dota 2 pass lol in viewers is when there's a big tournament for one of those and there's nothing remotely interesting going on in lol.

And their peak stream numbers are retarded. During the S2 world finals the Riot twitch stream used up 5% of America's total bandwidth. It's very safe to say that lol is the most popular video game in the world by any relevant measurement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's currently the most powerful being in the Elder Scrolls universe? Is it Akatosh? Being the god of time and all.

If I understand it correctly, all the the Daedric Princes are equally powerful within their own realms of Oblivion. They, however, can't physically cross the mundus into Nirn which is why Molag Bal is bringing Nirn to him in ESO.

The Aedra are less powerful because they gave up part of themselves in the creation of Nirn.

Deleted
    For those interested in this game, I found a nice site with news, info and all that here: http://www.tesoelite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Who's currently the most powerful being in the Elder Scrolls universe? Is it Akatosh? Being the god of time and all.
    Probably Jyggalag. He's the only Daedric Prince strong enough to be collectively feared by all other Daedric Princes. Akatosh is very weak compared to his original self.

One could probably also argue that Anu and Sithis can never truly disappear, so they're still the strongest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to see what kind of ranged spells they can make for a nightblade using a destruction staff. I guess he'll shoot shadowbolt type projectiles? Also, how come sorcerers only get a lightning, summoning and dark magic tree? Where's the frost and fire magic?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 02:24 AM ----------

Hrm... I'm reading an ask me anything thread on tamriel foundry and I'm hearing some worrisome things. He says projectiles home in on the target. If that's true, what the hell is the point of having a crosshair?
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-04-03 at 06:15 PM.