Deleted

Please post constructively. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-04-14 at 04:53 PM.

And as always I miss every fucking leak video ever. Is there a repost of this somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I'm dissapointed with the combat, and personally the sprint animation of the human model. Thats it, dont think i going to "hate on the game till the end of time from now on", i just said, im dissapointed, but its far from release, so i will still looking for more information / footage.

Go do level 1 combat in gw2 or wow. All you do is shoot fireballs. Stop judging the game on level 1 combat and tutorial zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    You know what doesnt make or break a game for me? Graphics. I really dont care what the graphics are as long as they are smooth and not grainy.
    That build does not have antialiasing. (at least it doesn't look like it)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The guy that made the video is trying to make the game look bad. His description is "game sucks dont buy it" . Dont judge the game on this one early video.
    Yea thats why i said the only thing bad in that video was the person playing the game.

Yea thats why i said the only thing bad in that video was the person playing the game.
    Yup.

He was back peddling rather than blocking. Everyone who's played an action RPG knows that if you have a block / dodge button, back peddling isn't going to work because the game is designed around block/dodge.

I'd wait until open beta(assuming there is one) to gather any kind of opinion on this game. The game is clearly not finished, and yet a lot of people think it's ok for them bash this game because it looks terrible. Oh my god, a game in beta looks bad? CALL THE POLICE!
    This is a real beta, not some marketing beta(aka open beta in most games).

This is literally the only leaked beta video that has come out thus far, or from what at least I know of.

The video is of an earlier beta build, character movement and some animations have been improved since this build.

Not gonna post a direct link, but search for it on Dailymotion. It's still up there. Glad to see the tradition of ugly character models in an Elder Scrolls game continues :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Not gonna post a direct link, but search for it on Dailymotion. It's still up there. Glad to see the tradition of ugly character models in an Elder Scrolls game continues :P
    If i see anyone running around with that monk hairstyle i will kill them on the spot...in Cyrodil. If its in the faction zones i will put them on my block list and hope they get phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

Separately, those who think WoW has *ever* had a poor starter experience (relative to the market of its day on each release) are insane. It is easily one of the best if not the best starter experience of all MMORPGs. Even the awesome LotR and AoC starters pale in comparison to the deep integration and therefore immersion, flexibility and overall appeal of WoW's starter areas.
    I remember collecting wolf pelts when I first started playing WoW. Hardly the best starter experience. Or maybe your post is sarcasm, I can never tell on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post

It's already been directly linked.

Also, yeah they are ugly. It's TES. If you don't like TES you won't like TESO.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Separately, those who think WoW has *ever* had a poor starter experience (relative to the market of its day on each release) are insane. It is easily one of the best if not the best starter experience of all MMORPGs. Even the awesome LotR and AoC starters pale in comparison to the deep integration and therefore immersion, flexibility and overall appeal of WoW's starter areas.
    Collect 6 silithid venom.
    Collect 4 boar meats.
    Kill 4 silithids.
    Collect 6 wold pelts.

OH GOD THE "DEEP INTEGRATION" IS SO MIND BLOWING.

I actually think the character models look better than the base models for Skyrim.

If i see anyone running around with that monk hairstyle i will kill them on the spot...in Cyrodil. If its in the faction zones i will put them on my block list and hope they get phased out.
    You can try

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    I actually think the character models look better than the base models for Skyrim.
    So do I actually.

These people look like they've at least been rained on between mining coal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The guy that made the video is trying to make the game look bad. His description is "game sucks dont buy it" . Dont judge the game on this one early video.
    How does judging how bad a game is make sense via watching only good videos? If you want to see how bad it is, watch videos about how it really is, not about how the developers show it off in 'sneak peaks' etc.

Real videos, real experience.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    How does judging how bad a game is make sense via watching only good videos? If you want to see how bad it is, watch videos about how it really is, not about how the developers show it off in 'sneak peaks' etc.

Intentionally sucking (back peddling rather than blocking), skipping any and all story, and running into a higher level area to get yourself killed in order to show a distorted picture of a game is not a "real" video.

edit: It would be like if I made a video in WoW were I walked into a puddle and down myself 5 times and said "Game sucks. Don't buy it"

editedit: I am not saying the game won't suck. But to not see through this blatant trolling is silly.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-14 at 03:46 PM.

The video looks like a lame Age of Conan Clone minus the interesting fighting mechanics and very outdated graphics. I lost my interest. And don't tell me "everything will change" - no, only details will change. After 9 years following every new MMORPG on the market from beta to final I can tell that the final game will be VERY similar to that beta video. It was the same with all others. From Warhammer Online to Star Wars the old Republic. Fanboys always telling me "all will change" - and only details changed. This game looks medicore and generic to me. Let's wait for the next hype...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    True, watching other people play is more reflective than carefully presented videos, but people have to remember that the game's introduction isn't included so the player had no direction or tutorial. The character is also underpowered because the zone is designed to be played after the introductory story level. At this point the player should have one or two more activated abilities, so in that way it isn't like the real experience.

Deleted
    I thought the Argonian face looked very good.