Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You know, I hate that line, when I was 16 or so, one of my aunts came up to me and said:

''as you get older, you notice that time goes by so much faster....''

Seems like that's the case. Hell, I still vividly remenber being crazy about the release of TBC...
    But I digress, lol.

Hopefully it'll be a better wait than the one for SWTOR was!
    Growing up sucks...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/08/eso-templar-skills/ So it looks like strong racials will be in the game. Dunmer have ancestral guardian, fire damage/resistance increase, 6% bonus in both magicka and stamina and get a 15% exp bonus towards leveling up their dual wielding skills. As much as I hate this, it's probably best for the game. The people who have never touched an MMO would throw a hissy fit if racials weren't in the game. And looks like those who get into the mages guild get a flare ability to reveal those pesky nightblades.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-08-19 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/08/eso-templar-skills/ So it looks like strong racials will be in the game. Dunmer have ancestral guardian, fire damage/resistance increase, 6% bonus in both magicka and stamina and get a 15% exp bonus towards leveling up their dual wielding skills. As much as I hate this, it's probably best for the game. The people who have never touched an MMO would throw a hissy fit if racials weren't in the game. And looks like those who get into the mages guild get a flare ability to reveal those pesky nightblades.
    Not sure why you "hate" significant racial benefits being present in an Elder Scrolls game. Their presence in ESO has nothing to do with the fact that this game happens to be an mmo.

Have a look at the racials in Skyrim, for instance.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2013-08-19 at 07:35 AM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Deleted
    As much as I don't like racials in MMOs, they're completely justified in TESO. Racials are a big part in single-player games, so I don't see why they wouldn't be in mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    Not sure why you "hate" significant racial benefits being present in an Elder Scrolls game. Their presence in ESO has nothing to do with the fact that this game happens to be an mmo.

Have a look at the racials in Skyrim, for instance.
    I don't hate them in the single player ES games, I just hate them in MMOs. When I said "The people who have never touched an MMO would throw a hissy fit if racials weren't in the game.", I meant the fans of the ES games would be upset if racials were not included. MMO players tend to hate the way racials are in certain MMO (WoW for example) since a lot of people like to min max but also want to play the race they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    As much as I don't like racials in MMOs
    Racials are a big part in single-player games,
    so I don't see why they wouldn't be in mmo.
    Amazing logic, I'm speechless

I don't hate them in the single player ES games, I just hate them in MMOs. When I said "The people who have never touched an MMO would throw a hissy fit if racials weren't in the game.", I meant the fans of the ES games would be upset if racials were not included. MMO players tend to hate the way racials are in certain MMO (WoW for example) since a lot of people like to min max but also want to play the race they like.
    I do understand what you're saying here, but sometimes it's about acceptance. We played with the old racials in WoW for about 4 years. Sure there were complaints, they should have just given everyone that complained the finger. Which they did for 4 years. But, just like all other decisions to make WoW more noob-friendly, dungeons were nerfed, racials were brought in line, tanks were brought in line.

There is no need to touch racials in ESO, as long as the racials represent a form of balance. And yes there will undoubtably be better racials for different situations. It's in the lore (not just a gimmick) and hopefully it's here to stay.

WoW (to echo your example) largely took the "rpg" out of mmorpg. Your average WoW player in my experience does not give a flying shit about the lore. Further, it has been very popular, so a lot of people feel this is normal. In the original EverQuest, if you wanted to be a gnome tank, the game wouldn't stop you, but you would never be a great tank (because you were stupid - or stubborn - enough to tank as a gnome). Elder Scrolls fans (and many other single player rpg fans) tend to be way more into lore and role play than modern mmo players do. Zenimax have stated that this is first and foremost an Elder Scrolls game, and an mmo second. Hence, many of the aspects of the Elder Scrolls franchise will and should remain.

Attempting to clone WoW is foolish, as cloning anything is boring and in neither players' nor the industry's best interest. ESO is mostly pretty evolutionary, but it does have rpg-typical racials. If you are looking for a similar game without racials that matter, GW2 beckons. The Elder Scrolls mmo is being made in the style of Elder Scrolls, which is as it should be.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Amazing logic, I'm speechless
    It is. Perhaps if you gave it a thought a little bit (I image that's hard for you, no worries), you would've get it. I don't like racials in mmos, but removing the said racials from TESO would be like removing first person view again. Meaning, that I consider TESO an exception. I hope you can comprehend this kind of explanation? I know not how to put it even more simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    New, Creating ESO, came out today and it's about the Flame Atronach. You can read up about it here

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, why'd they have to give them those fucked up teeth?!

That actually looks pretty good. I'm starting to believe that ESO might be my choice when picking a next MMO. Wildstar is just..too WoWish, with some additional decoration, but ESO seems to want to captivate that single player experience into a multiplayer game and that's a great point of view, development wise. Graphically I don't...care...up to some point. It needs to be able to run [massively] so I won't expect that the specs of the game go beyond what we have seen in Skyrim, probably a lot less (Lots of bloom in the previous video to cover it up?), but as long as the gameplay hooks you in, this could be a good thing coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they said anything about M'aiq being in ESO? Can't imagine they'd leave him out.

Subscription based business model for this as well.

http://kotaku.com/youll-pay-a-monthl...nli-1176508405

Interesting to see this, WildStar, and FFXIV all go for subscription based models. Curious to see how it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Subscription based business model for this as well.

http://kotaku.com/youll-pay-a-monthl...nli-1176508405

Interesting to see this, WildStar, and FFXIV all go for subscription based models. Curious to see how it will work out.
    I wouldn't mind with this game, but it certainly has to be worth it for me. I feel like waiting now to see if I consider it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I wouldn't mind with this game, but it certainly has to be worth it for me. I feel like waiting now to see if I consider it worth it.
    Yup, as I did with Rift, SWTOR, and with WildStar, I'm planning on holding off on this game at launch now. Hope they end up being able to kick ass with the sub model, but history is not on their side.

Deleted
    Here's the full Interview in english:

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-el...8,3026853.html

some intresting stuff ...

"We are already working on content that will roll out to players after ESO's launch."
    "We already have tens of thousands of players in the PC beta, and will have many more over the course of late summer and fall."

and it sounds like they don't consider using an additional cash shop to grab more money.

i don't really have a problem with this. on a b2p or f2p game you rarely spend less than $15 a month anyway if you're into the game

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    and it sounds like they don't consider using an additional cash shop to grab more money.
    Where do they say that?

As always, I'm skeptical of a modern MMO launching without a cash shop. They've proven to be far too lucrative for pretty much every MMO that's included it (including EVE and WoW).

Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post
    i don't really have a problem with this. on a b2p or f2p game you rarely spend less than $15 a month anyway if you're into the game
    Which F2P/B2P games require you to spend more than $15 a month?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where do they say that?

As always, I'm skeptical of a modern MMO launching without a cash shop. They've proven to be far too lucrative for pretty much every MMO that's included it (including EVE and WoW).
    he doesn't say "there will be no cash shop" ...

And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all.
    I know it's a very vague statement, but it sounds like they don't intend to utilize an ingame cash shop ...