10+ Year Old Account
    The answer we've gotten so far from ZOS explaining the 50+(+) zones is that we will be, "seeing through the enemies eyes," when experiencing those zones. We know that we will be doing the exact same quests that those zones give to their respective factions, they are just boosted up to a higher difficulty. So, I'm looking forward to seeing how they explain it, but I'm not too worried and think they will do well enough to do so. I doubt it would be a fairly ridiculous explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Are you baiting for "Elder Scrolls Online is a PvE game PvP is just a small bonus feature" response?

And if you want to be so stuck in doing quest after quest choose PvE server like the rest of people who prefer PvE content.
    Unfortunately this game only has one mega server although that seems awesome, its kind of a double edged sword because Zenimax has to make sure ganking is controlled so I can see why they've done this (don't agree though). This must be a large factor as to why they originally thought of locking people out of other faction zones.

Personally I think they should of gone with much more of a wpvp game with full on freedom. It's initially what I thought it was going to be when I saw the games logo of the 3 heads or factions eating each other. They could of made a really cool law system for gankers too (just like the single player games) but oh well thank god they made it so you can explore everything at max level atleast, I really hope cyrodil is going to be huge in this game it would totally suck if it was say the scale of a large wow BG but I have faith in them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    Unfortunately this game only has one mega server although that seems awesome, its kind of a double edged sword because Zenimax has to make sure ganking is controlled so I can see why they've done this (don't agree though). This must be a large factor as to why they originally thought of locking people out of other faction zones.

Personally I think they should of gone with much more of a wpvp game with full on freedom. It's initially what I thought it was going to be when I saw the games logo of the 3 heads or factions eating each other. They could of made a really cool law system for gankers too (just like the single player games) but oh well thank god they made it so you can explore everything at max level atleast, I really hope cyrodil is going to be huge in this game it would totally suck if it was say the scale of a large wow BG but I have faith in them
    Cyrodiil is bigger than the Cyrodiil in Oblivion.

From what i have seen and heard about ESO's superserver it will be similar to SWTOR instancing with added features, for example you choose which instances you want to join based on your preference (PvE instance, PvP instance, hardcore, casual, solo, group etc etc) which to me is a good thing i just hope they dont overcrowd one type of instance while leaving the other underpopulated.

And i had great optimism about wPvP and PvP in general for ESO until i heard that PvP devs are saying main PvP in the game will be Cyrodil which to me seems just a hyped up Wintergrasp/Tol Barad with no real goal behind it other than "lol lets siege that thing and become Emperor xDDD"

so tired of people who pretend they want open world pvp in an MMO. it's dead. it's always going to be dead. people don't want that. that's why it's died in every single mmo to date that it was offered.

it's basically a way for pissed off nerd who has an extra 6 months invested in the game to bully a new player and nobody fucking wants it anymore. it was fun while it lasted, when everyone wanted to give it a shot but reality set in, it's only fun for the winner

- - - Updated - - -

nobody in their right mind would ever expect to make a profit with a "wpvp game with full on freedom"

and don't lie, when someone is skullfucking you into the dirt for an hour you'd hate it too. that type of game is dead, forever. you don't love it, i don't love it, nobody loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by washacked View Post
    so tired of people who pretend they want open world pvp in an MMO. it's dead. it's always going to be dead. people don't want that. that's why it's died in every single mmo to date that it was offered.

it's basically a way for pissed off nerd who has an extra 6 months invested in the game to bully a new player and nobody fucking wants it anymore. it was fun while it lasted, when everyone wanted to give it a shot but reality set in, it's only fun for the winner

- - - Updated - - -

nobody in their right mind would ever expect to make a profit with a "wpvp game with full on freedom"

and don't lie, when someone is skullfucking you into the dirt for an hour you'd hate it too. that type of game is dead, forever. you don't love it, i don't love it, nobody loves it.
    I have to agree with this. However; I feel options is key to any mmo these days. A simple "rogue" system would be sufficient. Such as:

- The world everyone sees everyone in the max-50+ zones.
    - Talking to a commander in your main city allows you to "Go Rogue".
    - While going Rogue you gain the ability to kill -> And "loot" <- (not really take away but have it generate new loot) other players and gain Rogue Trophies.
    - The higher your Rogue rating is you have new access to new vanity and possibly some other useful items.
    - So there's a "cost" (you can be ganked) involved but you're rewarded for doing it. And you don't segregate anyone. And by having to "Go Rogue' in town first, you can't /pvpmode and kill someone then turn it off like a dick. AND last but not least; if you're in a part with a rogue, everyone is flagged as a rogue.

Tell me that wouldn't make everyone happy?

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    I have to agree with this. However; I feel options is key to any mmo these days. A simple "rogue" system would be sufficient. Such as:

- The world everyone sees everyone in the max-50+ zones.
    - Talking to a commander in your main city allows you to "Go Rogue".
    - While going Rogue you gain the ability to kill -> And "loot" <- (not really take away but have it generate new loot) other players and gain Rogue Trophies.
    - The higher your Rogue rating is you have new access to new vanity and possibly some other useful items.
    - So there's a "cost" (you can be ganked) involved but you're rewarded for doing it. And you don't segregate anyone. And by having to "Go Rogue' in town first, you can't /pvpmode and kill someone then turn it off like a dick. AND last but not least; if you're in a part with a rogue, everyone is flagged as a rogue.

Tell me that wouldn't make everyone happy?
    options take time
    you want a mishmash of parts then wow is your game, you want a game with some type of focus and clear definition of rules, let them do their job
    nobody wants to pvp when they're trying to quest. that's why we have places to pvp, places to quest

wow is proof you can't make everyone happy, they tried and killed their franchise as a result

options take time
    you want a mishmash of parts then wow is your game, you want a game with some type of focus and clear definition of rules, let them do their job
    nobody wants to pvp when they're trying to quest. that's why we have places to pvp, places to quest

wow is proof you can't make everyone happy, they tried and killed their franchise as a result
    stop playing on PvP servers and then crying that people are actually PvPing on a PVP SERVER.

Having options isn't mishmash of parts. It's a simple "yes I want to take part in open war, or no I don't" and they can all live simultaneously and it doesn't negatively affect the other based on individual decisions. The only issues with what I offered is the same issue that SWtor had. Unbalanced factions, but that affects any world pvp so what they have planned is likely not going to go unaffected the same way. I just hope they have arena-style pvp, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    stop playing on PvP servers and then crying that people are actually PvPing on a PVP SERVER.
    nobody fucking pvps on pvp servers lol, that's my point. some dipshit level 1 will occasionally ask in trade "how is faction balance, is world pvp active"
    /2 No you dumbass, world pvp died 7 years ago

if people wanted to pvp they would. we get 52 man multiboxers on darkspear who camps a vendor somewhere....that's the extent of world pvp
    if you want to take a shit do you go to the oven? no? you know why? because there is a place for shitting.

wow gave you a place to pvp. teso is giving you a place to pvp. a place to pve. it's just how things are nowadays. you don't want it or you'd be off doing it right now so don't give me that bullshit. it's dead. has been for years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Having options isn't mishmash of parts. It's a simple "yes I want to take part in open war, or no I don't" and they can all live simultaneously and it doesn't negatively affect the other based on individual decisions. The only issues with what I offered is the same issue that SWtor had. Unbalanced factions, but that affects any world pvp so what they have planned is likely not going to go unaffected the same way. I just hope they have arena-style pvp, personally.
    if you want to take part in an open war, the big fucking open war zone is where you wanna go.

look at the censor of eternal agony in wow. what happened? they all fucking grouped up to gank. they didn't go 1vAll, they grouped up to gank. that's world pvp

you people have to accept reality. there aren't enough people who want to participate in av style pvp in an uninstanced setting. it's a worthless feature to even have

nobody fucking pvps on pvp servers lol, that's my point. some dipshit level 1 will occasionally ask in trade "how is faction balance, is world pvp active"

if people wanted to pvp they would. we get 52 man multiboxers on darkspear who camps a vendor somewhere....that's the extent of world pvp
    if you want to take a shit do you go to the oven? no? you know why? because there is a place for shitting.

wow gave you a place to pvp. teso is giving you a place to pvp. a place to pve. it's just how things are nowadays. you don't want it or you'd be off doing it right now so don't give me that bullshit. it's dead. has been for years

- - - Updated - - -

if you want to take part in an open war, the big fucking open war zone is where you wanna go.

look at the censor of eternal agony in wow. what happened? they all fucking grouped up to gank. they didn't go 1vAll, they grouped up to gank. that's world pvp
    Well if you take everything for face value, yes World PvP died. However, how much are you rewarded for World PvP versus instanced PvP? Also the fact that PVE gear is > PvP gear in world pvp now (iirc). Or that fact that you had no choice. Either you were on a pvp server, or pve, there was no conjunction so it left a bad taste. Its nice to be able to turn it off for a while as long as its not exploitable (like flashing it on and off to avoid death while ganking; hence needing to turn it on and off in town.) The only PvP videos really worth watching imo are Vanilla/BC world pvp. Everything else is just too static and dull. Sure its EASIER for the company, but it makes your world less alive. World PvP does 1 thing very well, and that's making the world feel dangerous and alive.

The world pvp dilemma is interesting. In almost every recent MMO that has tried to cultivate it has pretty much failed or has become an exploit of some sort.
    swtor: bandits den
    firefall: south harbor
    wow: gurubashi arena

ect.

Other than ganking, people avoid those places or use them to trade kills or boxes ect in an effort to avoid pvp.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

- - - Updated - - -

you people have to accept reality. there aren't enough people who want to participate in av style pvp in an uninstanced setting. it's a worthless feature to even have
    Just because devs ruined World PvP in one game that doesnt mean World PvP is dead for all time, take a chill pill and realise that some people actually enjoy World PvP instead of fighting pillar humping healers in deathmatch arenas who heal people from 10% to 100% in 2 globals

10+ Year Old Account
    errr can't wait till they release some new videos haven't seen anything official since quakecon last month
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I think the company should be more up-front with their beta testing. The video from quakecon shew even worse game then the first leak. The one pleasant thought is that if they are going to pull "preorder beta" trick again, they will fail and suffer such losses that they will have to sell Bethesda Softworks eventually letting them go bankrupt and rot.

Deleted

World PvP is very much alive in many games. Many have safe zones and cities though. Or PvP zones that aren't instanced.

And I disagree with most of what you say. World PvP makes games more fun because there is more to lose and more to win. Everything being safe and having no consequences just makes the MMO boring and pointless. I guess the difference is that a lot of players don't want everything balanced and regulated. World PvP is more sandbox, it doesn't have these rules and regulations, objectives and victory condition. You can just run away or hide.. bring friends, sneak up to someone and hope to catch them unprepared or just rush in and try to kill someone.

I for one love world PvP where you can keep what you kill because the stakes are much higher and you can also lose more if you do something wrong or are just very unlucky. Well done and well balanced world PvP is so much fun. However, I kinda dislike "war" type world PvP where a huge cluster or players fights another group.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-10-15 at 09:14 PM.

a lot of ppl crying about world pvp

stick to easy PVE then,no ones fault but you're own if u arent very good and get killed by other players

If anyone wants wPvP then TESO is not the game for you.It will be with instanced PvP and that's it.I personally won't miss it.I never liked to be ganked while leveling or doing some PvE stuff.

Deleted
    how is it with the beta of this game?

I've been waiting for a new key wave but haven't seen one in weeks. Does anyone know if they are still letting new people in? Are they even doing new beta tests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    If anyone wants wPvP then TESO is not the game for you.It will be with instanced PvP and that's it.I personally won't miss it.I never liked to be ganked while leveling or doing some PvE stuff.
    Well, Cyrodiil is still technically Open World PvP. Yes, it's one zone, but anything you'd be able to do in an open world setting is able to be done in Cyrodiil. It's a PvPvE zone, so you will still get ganked if you go in there and just want to do PvE things and not look for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    how is it with the beta of this game?

I've been waiting for a new key wave but haven't seen one in weeks. Does anyone know if they are still letting new people in? Are they even doing new beta tests?
    Yes, they are still running beta right now. No, they haven't sent out new invites for awhile now.