10+ Year Old Account
    Both PvE and PvP are turning into a zergball un-skilled spamfest. Even the Trials leaderboards, and mainly PvP, are being dominated by, as what my guild and guildies refer them to: wanking groups. Just a group of mongloids pulling each other dicks, spamming impulse, healing springs, all of that bollocks. Giving this game 2 more months to fix that and remove the AoE caps, then my sub runs out, and then I'm just in time to pre-purchase the WoD expansion for WoW.

The game has much potential but the devs are retarded and they let the PvP players just sit in the dark with no communication and no updates. Pathetic.

I can understand it's still a relatively new game, fair enough, but even my patience has its limits after 2 months of pointless Beta testing and then 4 months of gameplay.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ah shite, bugged "A reckoning with Uwafa' In the Al'akir desert, which means I probably can't complete Cadwell's gold (Which is bugged already as it says I need to 'experience the Aldmeri Dominion' which is my actual faction...).
    I've ticketed a GM but if they're as useless as they were with Cadwell's gold I'll never be able to do the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    MEDIUM?! Blagh my medium skill Is lower than my light armor skill (Light is 40 medium is 30 Heavy is 50), I was hoping heavy would be viable for non-hardmode trials to DPS in. I'm really going to need to do some searching to find the right playstyle for me come endgame.

Thanks for the guide though, I now have a starting point.

One more thing, should I go all out making gear (Using my legendary tempers ect...) before heading into trials? Or will it just get replaced within seconds of entering?
    Epic, yes. Legendary, wait a bit.

Found a good pvp build for my sorc yeah it's a lame light armor staff build while I mess around with the advancing yokudan set but it's pretty fun even better when you go 1v1 with another sorc that knows what hes doing it's just so great.

Deleted
    I wouldn't upgrade gear to legendary right now, update 4 is released in early september and that will increase the level cap to 14, better wait. I haven't upgraded anything above epic unless they were chest/leggings/helmet or weapons, simply because I'll replace it soon.

I do wear full legendary glyphs though, simply because I have a shitload of kuta's.

I have a scratchpad list of changes I think they should make to various skills (many) and was going to post it for the hell of it, but then I realized the slow balance updates are very likely a result of the pending the champion system. They hinted that it might "eliminate the soft caps" and various other big things, so if that is in the pipeline Zenimax probably doesn't feel pressure to do anything but apply some bandaids now.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I have a scratchpad list of changes I think they should make to various skills (many) and was going to post it for the hell of it, but then I realized the slow balance updates are very likely a result of the pending the champion system. They hinted that it might "eliminate the soft caps" and various other big things, so if that is in the pipeline Zenimax probably doesn't feel pressure to do anything but apply some bandaids now.
    And spellcrafting. But still, those are very long down the line, and I do expect more changes in the 5th update. Or I will be disappointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Both PvE and PvP are turning into a zergball un-skilled spamfest. Even the Trials leaderboards, and mainly PvP, are being dominated by, as what my guild and guildies refer them to: wanking groups. Just a group of mongloids pulling each other dicks, spamming impulse, healing springs, all of that bollocks. Giving this game 2 more months to fix that and remove the AoE caps, then my sub runs out, and then I'm just in time to pre-purchase the WoD expansion for WoW.

The game has much potential but the devs are retarded and they let the PvP players just sit in the dark with no communication and no updates. Pathetic.

I can understand it's still a relatively new game, fair enough, but even my patience has its limits after 2 months of pointless Beta testing and then 4 months of gameplay.
    Offtopic : I think I killed you in Thornblade today, or was that someone else? Thought I read "sainur ironfist"

- - - Updated - - -

I think the main reason for the slow balancing is the fact that they don't want to make a change which reverts the situation like stamina is so strong no one uses magicka anymore. So that's why they make small changes while trying to find out what the ideal spot is.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I think the main reason for the slow balancing is the fact that they don't want to make a change which reverts the situation like stamina is so strong no one uses magicka anymore. So that's why they make small changes while trying to find out what the ideal spot is.
    Bingo. But seriously Stamina is not so much worse than Magicka in PvE. Take a look at the numbers the Crusader build I've posted a page back is doing. That's insane.
    Sure, bow is craptacular, but that has more to do with the skill line than the issues with stamina.

Also, when they changed the sets in 1.3, people were hysterical about it (mainly about the Warlock set).
    Now imagine if they nerf resto/destro for example. People would be screaming murder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Bingo. But seriously Stamina is not so much worse than Magicka in PvE. Take a look at the numbers the Crusader build I've posted a page back is doing. That's insane.
    Sure, bow is craptacular, but that has more to do with the skill line than the issues with stamina.

Also, when they changed the sets in 1.3, people were hysterical about it (mainly about the Warlock set).
    Now imagine if they nerf resto/destro for example. People would be screaming murder.
    Well I think the best fix to some weapon skillines is to remove abilities entirely and give them new abilities instead. Imo they should totally revamp the bow skilline, although I do think poison arrow and scattershot are in a good place (but please change the "jump back" morph, its so annoying).

I would also like some changes to the dual wield skilline, hidden blade is just not a good ability in my opinion (it might have uses in pve) and I would rather have a cool spammable ability that is no dot (something like uppercut is) nor a long cast like rapid strikes.

Well I think the best fix to some weapon skillines is to remove abilities entirely and give them new abilities instead. Imo they should totally revamp the bow skilline, although I do think poison arrow and scattershot are in a good place (but please change the "jump back" morph, its so annoying).

I would also like some changes to the dual wield skilline, hidden blade is just not a good ability in my opinion (it might have uses in pve) and I would rather have a cool spammable ability that is no dot (something like uppercut is) nor a long cast like rapid strikes.
    Rapid strikes are awesome for PvE.

The issue with Bow/Blood Craze and such is that many bosses are immune. But this cuts both ways as for example, one of the new bosses in the third trial, the Manticore is immune to DK fire spells :P
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-08-31 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling/typos, duh

I'm not even talking about stam/magic as much as ability redesign. Armor is the obvious choice, but there are others. Just as an example:

-Bleeds are really poorly designed given that a huge portion of mobs (probably at least a third, maybe as many as half) are immune to them. At the very least, bleeds should be much shorter duration and most of the damage should be shifted to direct damage. (e.g. instead of 1/3 of the damage being the hit and 2/3 being the dot, switch that around)
    -Almost every weapon tree could stand to have at least 2 abilities completely scrapped and redesigned.
    -Armor: Personally, I think armor should be mostly cosmetic with some small bonuses, just like other ES games. Ability cost reductions are a terrible idea, imo, and so is the spell penetration one in light. I would be much happier if the armor passives were all severely nerfed or redesigned from scratch. People shouldn't be forced to pick an armor type to dramatically increase their dps.

It might help to think about this in WoW terms (or similar games) for a second. Imagine if leather armor increased physical dps and cloth increased magic dps. Paladins, rogues, warriors, etc would all be forced to use leather, and all the casters (even balance druids and ele shaman) would be forced to use cloth. The only people who would ever use heavy are tanks. This is really stupid. A lot of players like archetypes (e.g. 2-handed warrior or crusader in plate) that basically can't exist in the current ESO system. It's a paradox, but in this case having more armor choice actually gives less armor choice.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-08-31 at 06:10 PM.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

I'm not even talking about stam/magic as much as ability redesign. Armor is the obvious choice, but there are others. Just as an example:

-Bleeds are really poorly designed given that a huge portion of mobs (probably at least a third, maybe as many as half) are immune to them. At the very least, bleeds should be much shorter duration and most of the damage should be shifted to direct damage. (e.g. instead of 1/3 of the damage being the hit and 2/3 being the dot, switch that around)
    -Almost every weapon tree could stand to have at least 2 abilities completely scrapped and redesigned.
    -Armor: Personally, I think armor should be mostly cosmetic with some small bonuses, just like other ES games. Ability cost reductions are a terrible idea, imo, and so is the spell penetration one in light. I would be much happier if the armor passives were all severely nerfed or redesigned from scratch. People shouldn't be forced to pick an armor type to dramatically increase their dps.

It might help to think about this in WoW terms (or similar games) for a second. Imagine if leather armor increased physical dps and cloth increased magic dps. Paladins, rogues, warriors, etc would all be forced to use leather, and all the casters (even balance druids and ele shaman) would be forced to use cloth. The only people who would ever use heavy are tanks. This is really stupid. A lot of players like archetypes (e.g. 2-handed warrior or crusader in plate) that basically can't exist in the current ESO system. It's a paradox, but in this case having more armor choice actually gives less armor choice.
    Oh I completely agree about the armors. But it's something a lot of people don't seem to want, and ZOS seems to be hellbent on Light=Magicka DPS/Heals, Med=Stam DPS, Heavy=Tanking. I hope they change their minds, but so far, their design decisions seem to hint at that.

I don't post much on the official forums, but the two threads I've made have been exactly for that matter.

Deleted
    Rapid strikes are awesome for PvE.

The issue with Bow/Blood Craze and such is that many bosses are immune. But this cuts both ways as for example, one of the new bosses in the third trial, the Manticore is immune to DK fire spells :P
    Seriously? That will totally suck :S. Hope they fix that or I am absolutely useless on that fight.

Seriously? That will totally suck :S. Hope they fix that or I am absolutely useless on that fight.
    Not useless but about a 30% DPS drop. Not immune to all skills. Personally, I like mechanics such as this, makes people switch to other builds etc.

Not useless but about a 30% DPS drop. Not immune to all skills. Personally, I like mechanics such as this, makes people switch to other builds etc.
    Why, if they don't want to and perfectly happy with their initial spec? Very poor design. Makes me personally want to keep staying away from their game. Not sure if it's their idea of a good business.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Why, if they don't want to and perfectly happy with their initial spec? Very poor design. Makes me personally want to keep staying away from their game. Not sure if it's their idea of a good business.
    To spice things up a bit? And avoid cookie-cutter-ism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we have an exact date on 1.4 and the loyalty reward scheme? Seeing as it's going to be September in a few hours and both are apparently out that month.

I think they said 1.4 is coming in september

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished Cadwell's Almanac and got my Tamriel Hero title. Oh and i'm VR 11 now.

Sadly Cadwell's gold is still bugged and says i need to 'Experience the Aldmeri Dominion', which is my original faction, so looks like i'll be stuck with this in my quest log until they make it abandonable...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    I think they said 1.4 is coming in september
    Yeah but is there a more specific date?