Unholy blight idea

I've actually bee thinking this for a while but, what if they made unholy blight do dmg per sec in a Zoe swarm but made it drain runic power per sec like conversion. I didn't think this was possible until I saw the conversion.

Many deathknight abilities were originally RP drains (DRW & Gargoyle). Unholy Blight was originally a 40 RP cost AoE damage over time.

Although these things won't work well these days now we're so dependent on Blood Tap/Runic Empowerment/Runic Corruption for our resources.
    Used to be we'd just spend runic power because we had it and it could take the lowest priority after using runes.
    Now we need to spend it otherwise we don't have enough Runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy blight used to do damage in early wrath, but Death Knights already have strong AoE damage in the form of Howling Blast for frost, and disease spreading and DnD for unholy. So they turned it into the pvp talent it is right now.

And for MoP, they're turning it into a disease uptime talent, which i'm happy about.

So, yes they could pull your idea off, but I don't really think people would like it or use it TBH.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Death Knights already have strong AoE damage in the form of Howling Blast for frost, and disease spreading and DnD for unholy.
    So, yes they could pull your idea off, but I don't really think people would like it or use it TBH.
    1. Diseases are really weak currently and offer no burst aoe
    2. DnD is a shell of what it was due to the nerfs it received
    3. There is a vast majority of people on the beta forums that would love to see the ORIGINAL Unholy Blight back

Although I would love to have it back, I dare not ask for the original UB. An aoe spell that's number 1 even for single target is a little op lol. But right now unholy is a little lackluster (compared to wrath) in aoe dmg. I think adding an rp based aoe move would solve that. I was extremely exited about vile spew but blizzard decided to axe it so now I'm back to this suggestion. We need an unholy aoe trade mark IMO. remove blood boil altogether maybe? I think all unholy dks would love to have a cool looking But BALANCED UB back. I'd even go so far as to say a glyph that changes blood boil into runic power cost over time or flat rp coat with a decent cd and make it so that it does consistent dmg over time in an area around in shadow dmg for like 10-15 sec maybe.