Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Here's a crude graphic of how I do Heroic + Been Waiting each week for my mount farm group.

Raid is red, melee don't need to be near the tank. Have ranged get the boss to 75% or so then stop.

You rotate counter clockwise around the platform moving for each shadow trap.

First two plagues run out, every other one runs in. Don't AoE or kill ghouls etc.

By the time you get from the right side of the portal to the left, going around the ring you'll have 30 stacks. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Unify View Post
    Hey,

I heard from a few people that you can tank lich king in a certain place and you don't have to worry about shadow traps, is this true? I'd love to know because I run a weekly ICC25 heroic group, and it'd make things easier!
    Are you US, Horde, and have no one collecting shards? If so, let me know, I'll bring mah warrior since im too lazy to set up a 25m Heroic run.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
    Just an idea. How about not standing in one?
    Radical, but it might just work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Thats one of those achievements that really not doable on heroic. ( Well it is but I've yet to see a pug who can avoid the traps, pass the disease and stay focused for that long).
    We did that with guildies, 18 in the group. Took a try or two.

But yeah, not the simplest thing in the world especially in a PuG - just doable.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

If you can't avoid shadow traps, which are one of the most obvious and easily avoided mechanics in the game, I'm not entirely sure you deserve to even kill heroic LK, especially considering at level 85 you shouldn't even see a shadow trap with half decent DPS even if the raid is only half full. It's actually rather sad that people are discussing tactics on this boss at this stage on the game ¬_¬.

Deleted
    Just zerg it

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    Just zerg it
    PUG =/= Zerg doesn't exactly work very well unless It's a decent server with decent people well least on my terrible server haha.

30% and the last PUG I tried failed miserably it was so depressing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Then don't do him, get no achievement and let the rest of your PUG do it so they can move on instead of being held back by someone who is being stubborn not to do it. This isn't trolling this is just the truth, but you sound like you want an easy fix to get 2 birds with 1 stone and it's not going to happen unless you have an extremely talent set of raiders. There is no CHEAT, and knowing that you're willing to use one says a lot about your character in general.
    Standing in a certain place to avoid a mechanic of a fight that is null and void since the beginning of this expansion is hardly game breaking. I used the word cheat loosely, so there was no need for you to fire your hate cannon.

The reason I was looking for one in the first place is to see if I could accommodate both sides of the team for my raid. Half of them only want heroic - as it's a full heroic run, and the other half want the achievement. Excuse me for trying to find a way to not disappoint anyone.

The fact that you jump to such negative conclusions about people says a lot about your character, too .

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Here's a crude graphic of how I do Heroic + Been Waiting each week for my mount farm group.

Raid is red, melee don't need to be near the tank. Have ranged get the boss to 75% or so then stop.

You rotate counter clockwise around the platform moving for each shadow trap.

First two plagues run out, every other one runs in. Don't AoE or kill ghouls etc.

By the time you get from the right side of the portal to the left, going around the ring you'll have 30 stacks. Done.
    Thanks for this. It's a pretty decent group (no wipes so far!) so I'll see if I can convince some slackers to give this a go next time! Hopefully everyone will be happy ><