Offical announcement today!
    Specs:

4.8 inch HD Super Amoled screen
    1280x720
    8 Megapixel rear camera, and front facing camera
    2100 mAh Battery
    8.3 mm thick
    33 gram

The release did not say the speed of the processor or which chip it is, but it did say quad core.
    It will come in blue or white. Internal storage of 16, 32, or 64 GB. Expandable to 64 GB micro sd.
    It has 3 physical buttons.

It will be released in Europe on May 29th.

15+ Year Old Account
    Samsung roxs. Android roxs. Death to Bin Ladin & Apple! oh...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I was sleeping under a rock for a few centuries if they're starting to put quad cores on mobile phones. Does it come with it's very own portable power generator?

Quote Originally Posted by Linaver View Post
    I feel like I was sleeping under a rock for a few centuries if they're starting to put quad cores on mobile phones. Does it come with it's very own portable power generator?
    Not quite yet, however you can charge it wirelessly!

The newest feature on this phone is also its greatest disappointment.

Samsung increased the size of the screen to 4.8" (for those who want that large of screen for a phone).
    But, used a cheap Pentile Display.

To explain further,
    The Samsung Galaxy S II uses a Super AMOLED Plus display that is nearer to the quality of an Apple Retina Display.
    The "Plus" means that it is a non-pentile RGB display (higher quality).

The Samsung Galaxy S III will use a Pentile Super AMOLED display (they call it HD because of the pixel quantity).
    The Original Samsung Galaxy S used a Pentile Super AMOLED display.

In other words,
    Larger Screen, but a Lower Quality display of years ago.

I must say, samsung galaxy s 2 is best phone ever released, hope s3 won't be disappointing

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe yea. S2 is like the C64 I had as a kid. There is NOTHING wrong with it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The S3 has sexy specs, I'm glad they didn't get rid of the microSD slot like they did with the Galaxy Nexus. As long as it's AMOLED (superior colors and real blacks) I don't give a shit if its pentile or not, you'll only see the difference if the phone is 3 inches from your face or if a slightly off white is truly bothersome to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    The newest feature on this phone is also its greatest disappointment.

Samsung increased the size of the screen to 4.8" (for those who want that large of screen for a phone).
    But, used a cheap Pentile Display.

To explain further,
    The Samsung Galaxy S II uses a Super AMOLED Plus display that is nearer to the quality of an Apple Retina Display.
    The "Plus" means that it is a non-pentile RGB display (higher quality).

The Samsung Galaxy S III will use a Pentile Super AMOLED display (they call it HD because of the pixel quantity).
    The Original Samsung Galaxy S used a Pentile Super AMOLED display.

In other words,
    Larger Screen, but a Lower Quality display of years ago.
    That is because the "+" have a shorter life span then the normal AMOLED. So Samsung had to choose between lifespan vs quality, they choose the former and they said they will continue to use normal AMOLED until they find a way to "fix" the lifespan problem.

EDIT: on topic, SGSIII is a great phone but I am hesitant because of the "big" screen size (currently have SGSI).

I still think the ideal screen size is ~4 inches. I dunno. I love the hell out of my SGSI, but I'm not sold on the idea of having something that's almost 5 inches in diameter in my pocket. I might as well get a tablet.