Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looking for a Gaming/MMO Mouse.

Hello fellow Gamers.

I'm looking for a decent gaming/mmo mouse.
    Atleast 10 programmable Button's/Price range 50-70 Dollar
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2012-05-03 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer Naga

I seriously clicked on this thread to type... Razer Naga, but I don't want to be a conformist.

...screw it.

Razer Naga

Actually if I picked up a new mouse today, I'd try the Razer Naga Hex. 12 buttons on the thumb is probably way more than I'd use, the hex has 6, in a circle around the thumb rest. Seems like a pretty good design to me. On the other hand, I still don't trust razer quality control. I've known people to have problems, customer support is terrible. And my Blackwidow keyboard from them broke after about a month. So yeah, I still use logitech. But if you want more buttons on the mouse, Razer seems to be king of that hill.

Deleted
    I personally would recomend the Razer Naga, the 12 buttons are layed out in a sensible way and there is a button on the bottom that switches between the buttons being 1-12 to being 1-12 on the numpap, both of those can be re-macroed with the razer synapse program you can download from their site (you may also get a disc but I got my naga from a friend). There is also 2 buttons next to the left button which are good to use for mounts or something. overall a great mouse to free up some keyboard keybinds.

Razer Naga, hands down. Best mouse I've ever used and I honestly can't see myself ever using another one.

Cyborg Rat 7- MMO version. take a look: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826201003

Though the Rat 7 (or for wireless the 9) are good for gaming in general.
    Last edited by Ichy; 2012-05-03 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Cyborg Rat 7- MMO version. take a look: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826201003
    Wtf how does that thing even work? That looks... really uncomfortable to use. XD And is nearly double his price range, to boot.

Razor Naga. You wont regret it.

Razer Naga +1

Corsair Vengeance M90 is an alternative to Naga. Haven't tried it personally, but you don't have too many options with 10 button minimum. If you're going down even lower, Logitech G500 is still good choice.

And as somebody mentioned above, Razor Hex is probably better for most people than Naga. Again haven't tried it myself, but the buttons on Naga are designed for kids or people with extremely small hands, and it's really hard to hit more than two rows accurately with it.

I have Naga atm with a love/hate relationship with it. The forward/back buttons are the most retarded piece of shit design ever, and as said before side buttons too small to use more than half of 'em, but it still has more buttons than what I used previously.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I know you said you wanted more buttons, but for those who don't have the budget for a really nice mouse I've found a wireless mouse at Wal-Mart for $14 that has two side buttons that work great for gaming. I tend to use them with ctrl and shift binds so that I actually get 6 buttons out of just the two side ones.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-Premiu...Mouse/16794999

Shows out of stock online but there are always some in stock at my local store it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    And as somebody mentioned above, Razor Hex is probably better for most people than Naga. Again haven't tried it myself, but the buttons on Naga are designed for kids or people with extremely small hands, and it's really hard to hit more than two rows accurately with it.
    I'm sorry, but what mouse are you using? Or how big do hands have to be to be considered big? I have pretty big hands and I can use the naga with no issues whatsoever. I don't think I've ever once hit the wrong button or more than one in my 2 years or so of owning this mouse. :/

Thanks for the Replies so far.

A couple more Information.

I play a pvp disc priest. (no other game besides wow)
    I want to order from Amazon.com (I have a 50 Dollar Gift Card)
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Razer Naga MMOG Laser Gaming Mouse (RZ01-00280100-R3). Feel free to post your experience with that mouse.

razer naga

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Razer Naga MMOG Laser Gaming Mouse (RZ01-00280100-R3). Feel free to post your experience with that mouse.
    Same one I use and as I said above: best mouse I've ever used. I would recommend it to anyone.

all you guys really like the razer naga that much huh?

I'm looking to get a new mouse too, but I've been looking at the logitech G700, the buttons look like they would be extremely easy to be able to tell apart so no hitting the wrong buttons...

I like the idea of the amount of buttons the Naga has but they look like it would be very difficult to not hit the wrong button, they are all the same size and shape and tightly packed together... are you guys not having any issues with this? You don't click a button and then say oh crap that was row 3, I thought I was clicking row 2, for example?

I agree with a previous post that the Hex seems like it would greatly reduces the potential for mistakes.

But please if you use a naga, and love it, and claim to never hit the wrong buttons, lets hear it, make me a believer I'm still totally open. the only thing set in stone is the razer nostromo pad, chiseled in granite, never going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    I seriously clicked on this thread to type... Razer Naga, but I don't want to be a conformist.
    ...screw it.

Razer Naga
    I feel the same way, but unlike you, I will actually follow through.

Razer Naga Epic, because I'm horribly spoiled for wireless mice ever since i bought my old logitech MX700.

or alternatively, if you don't think you need a dozen buttons, the new Naga Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyboy View Post
    I like the idea of the amount of buttons the Naga has but they look like it would be very difficult to not hit the wrong button, they are all the same size and shape and tightly packed together... are you guys not having any issues with this? You don't click a button and then say oh crap that was row 3, I thought I was clicking row 2, for example?
    look at the mouse closely. rows 2 and 4 on the thumbgrid have tits (little raised things, like on the f, j, and numpad 5 keys on your keyboard), whereas rows 1 and 3 don't. it allows you to easily know by feel that you're on the wrong or right row. it takes a bit of getting used to (like typing on a new keyboard), but once you're used to it, hitting the wrong button will be a rarity.

The only issue I have with the thumb buttons is the grid arrangement tends to get crufted up with random crap. Invest in a box of q-tips.
    Last edited by Masark; 2012-05-03 at 09:06 PM.