Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever said that smoking is worse? LOL, smoking doesn't bother me for one minute but the thought of chewing and spitting just makes me gag. Well, i wonder if that's because i don't smoke...well cigarettes.

Edit: Forgot my response...derp. But, to me, it sounds like the type of kids i hated with a passion when i was in highschool. The "cool kids" that think they're tough shit 'cause the teacher loves them and they can do as they please. Even though in this case it's rednecks who probably think they're cool because their dad drives them to class in his '67 pick-up. But at any rate, turn the idiots in. idgaf if they know you snitched, you really shouldn't either. What are they gonna do? An added plus to it is that, if you dislike THEM along with their nasty habit, then they get their lives screwed up even worse and you get a front row seat.
    Last edited by Freezeframe; 2012-05-03 at 09:25 PM.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    That dropkicking cowboy hat scenario is sounding hella tempting... but if you honestly cant concentrate (which I find kind of unbelievable unless they spit at 125 decibles ) then go ask the teacher.
    No, I've had roommates who've done it. It's annoying as all hell, and this is a room away. If they're in the same room, and there's several of them, I'd have done something by now.

Obviously it IS affecting OP's ability to learn, so I would say something. Simple as that. Don't know why people think OP should just "mind their own business" because of "insert variable here".

To OP, your ability to learn is more important than a few students getting their tobacco fix.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I wouldn't tolerate it. I wouldn't even ask them nicely. I would tell them to knock it off, and when these kids gave you lip or didn't comply I would tell your teacher I was going to talk to the principle about it and leave the classroom. The teacher has already had more than enough time to remedy the situation.
    And then your face would proceeded to be punch in.

Obviously it IS affecting OP's ability to learn, so I would say something.
    He only mentions the breaking of rules. He comes in later with "noise" as an afterthought page later.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-05-03 at 09:41 PM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

I would ignore it and put up with it. Maybe they'll get cancer... Which would certainly vindicate your suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    And then your face would proceeded to be punch in.
    And then they get charged with assault, and will be too busy to make it to class for awhile. Sounds like win-win to me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    And then they get charged with assault, and will be too busy to make it to class for awhile. Sounds like win-win to me.
    Depends on the school you go to. Snitching on something like that, would get you fucked up with no repercussions.

Also, he shows his bias early with redneck comment, and disgusting. The "noise" as I said is an after thought. He thinks of them as lessers, otherwise denominating them as "rednecks" would be unnecessary.

You're the type of person who would protect criminals if they were family aren't you?
    Need to feel better about yourself, huh? Your black and white world must be nice to live in.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-05-03 at 09:48 PM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    He can be grossed out by it all he wants, but unless they're sitting there doing it right next to him it's none of his damn business. I find spitting completely disgusting as well regardless of if it's chew or a loogie, but as long as people dont do it right next to me I could care less. None of us are perfect and everyone breaks the rules from time to time. Trying to play hero and ratting someone out for something that doesn't affect anyone else is only going to piss people off.
    You're the type of person who would protect criminals if they were family aren't you?

1. Eat an entire head of cauliflower with ranch dressing the night before class.
    2. Fart some farts that will almost literally peel paint and crack drywall.
    3. Blame the smell on the chewing tobacco being used in class.
    4. Enjoy the sunshine as the school is evacuated for a few hours to decontaminate the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    I would talk to those who do it, and ask them nicely to stop doing it.

If they don't stop, and you like the teacher, forward it and "push the truth" a little by saying they do it without the teacher's knowledge.
    worst advise ever, not even kidding. instantly antagonizing himself when they get in trouble for it is a terrible way to go about it

Deleted
    surely a "tobacco Free zone" means smoking it ?
    Does them chewing tobacco and spitting it "responsibility" into a bottle for disposal later on have any effect on you at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    How does a couple of kids chewing tobacco have anything to do with criminals? I think you're blowing things out of proportion just a little bit here. Here's how I look at the OP's situation:

A. He can tattle on these kids and potentially piss them and their friends off, thus potentially making his life far more miserable than it presumably is with the spitting.

B. He can ignore the situation, finish out the school year, and move on with his life.

If the kids were chewing in class as part of some sort of gang initiation, then I could see making a stink about it. This situation hardly seems worth creating a big stink with a month of school left. Should the OP tattle on a kid spitting sunflower seeds into a water bottle as well? It's been awhile, but I'd assume that's still against most schools' rules as well.

How does a couple of kids chewing tobacco have anything to do with criminals? I think you're blowing things out of proportion just a little bit here. Here's how I look at the OP's situation:

A. He can tattle on these kids and potentially piss them and their friends off, thus potentially making his life far more miserable than it presumably is with the spitting.

B. He can ignore the situation, finish out the school year, and move on with his life.
    theres way many more options than this, if it bothered me enough and i knew it was illegal id just tell the principal in private or in the form of an anonymous letter and simply request that it be kept that way, the people chewing tobbaco are doing it in public, for all they know it was the teacher.

case closed

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in rural TN, there are a lot of people in class that dip and chew, it's pretty disgusting, but it's just w/e. Rednecks are rednecks, don't raise a fuss about it.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

If the kids were chewing in class as part of some sort of gang initiation, then I could see making a stink about it. This situation hardly seems worth creating a big stink with a month of school left. Should the OP tattle on a kid spitting sunflower seeds into a water bottle as well? It's been awhile, but I'd assume that's still against most schools' rules as well.
    Im not saying its the same situation. Its the mindset that rules should be flexible around your personal preferences/feelings which is a far too common rot in society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grass.
    /10char

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-05-03 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Im not saying its the same situation. Its the mindset that rules should be flexible around your personal preferences/feelings which is a far too common rot in society.
    I can respect that, and it's not so much that I think it's acceptable for the kids to break the rules and get away with it so much as if the OP were my kid, I'd rather him just ignore it then get his face smashed in for being a tattle tale. That's just my opinion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Anonymous letter to principal. K go.
    Try to talk to them and if that doesn't work do this, then they can't get mad at you because they don't know that is was you who reported em ;D
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

People still chew tobacco?

I had completely forgotten about the existence of chewing tobacco until I saw this thread.

First, sit as far away from them as possible. If it still bothers you tell the professor (in private) that their chewing is really bothering you. Make your teacher grow a pair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Such a gross habit >_<
    If it bothers you THAT much talk to them. If you can out up with it then do nothing imo