Deleted

Spine 25 heroic help!

Hi!

My guild is currently progressing spine 25 heroic. Logs: /reports/rt-ros7fbx1i1frb1wo/dashboard/

It's like our second day progressing but I need all the help I can get.

1. We are using 3 tanks. Dk, warrior and druid. Dk and druid are dealing with amalgations and warrior is kiting bloods at 3rd plate. Is that good?

2. We are using 6 healers. Resto shaman, holy or disc priest(which one is better?), 2 resto druids, and 2 holy paladins.

We are struggling with bloods at 3rd plate. They just kill our healers and there's too many of them.
    Also I think our cd usage isn't that good.

So please, help us!

Cregi - Stormreaver EU

Deleted
    Disc, by very far.

If there are too many bloods in p3 its most likely you are taking too long on algamations. You need to be taking 1.5minutes or less between plate 1 and 2 per phase.

Healers (and dps but healers for sure) need to be bunched into one.

If you want thorough insight of the fight I highly recommend you pay attention to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP0C8...ayer_embedded#
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2012-05-03 at 09:08 PM.

1. Doesnt matter warrior is prolly best kiter tho

2. 6 is save but not needed 5 is prolly better. (disc is better then holy)

3. stand on tanks as a healer. ( :O )
    N

The best way to reduce the amount of blood is by simply doing everything quicker. My guild had similar issues when getting to the 3rd plate and we were having 12-13 min wipes. Something clicked and everyone woke up and suddenly we killed it in 11mins.

Kill everything faster, amalgamation dps is just as important as tendon dps. Don't wait for grips.

We also 3 tank this fight with a DK (amalg), War (bloods), Druid(helps on amalg/bloods), At the end of the fight when our warrior starts to kite our druid picks up the bloods that spawn and are on the healers.

Hope this helps

Brøm

Not sure how far you made it to but you should be lusting with the Amal around like 50-70%.

Your warrior needs to taunt better probably and he needs to kite as well, but it doesn't sound like he's the one who is dying.

I think my group killed some bloods after plate 2 died, then let the amalgs soak them before we rolled them off. You should do that.

general consensus on holy vs disc on 25m is holy is better as it has more throughput and can actually clear the debuff which disc has real trouble doing, you could bring a disc for utility, which is great if your grip breakers are slow or you kill bloods(but you said you are kiting)

here is a thread discussing
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Spine-%2825%29

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cregi View Post
    Hi!
    1. We are using 3 tanks. Dk, warrior and druid. Dk and druid are dealing with amalgations and warrior is kiting bloods at 3rd plate. Is that good?
    I suspect this may be a typo from you but in case it isn't, I don't see why you have 2 tanks dealing with the amalgamations. We had the same tanks as you and we had the Dk on the amalgamations the warrior on the bloods and the druid go cat until the bloods started to be kited. At this point the druid goes bear and picks up the new bloods and you just need to kill the boss before he becomes overrun.
    As others have said time to kill amalgamations is the significant factor in determining number of bloods. The only other thing I would say is on each roll you should try and get the amalgamations to absorb some bloods before they are thrown off. During a roll we tank the amalgamations on the opposite side of the dragon from the side you are stacking to roll, then when we are ready to roll our spriest lifegrips the amalgamation tank. If he is stood correctly the amalgamations should then run over the pool of bloods left over from the previous plate removing most of them. On the final roll this can remove significant amounts of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Masith View Post
    I suspect this may be a typo from you but in case it isn't, I don't see why you have 2 tanks dealing with the amalgamations. We had the same tanks as you and we had the Dk on the amalgamations the warrior on the bloods and the druid go cat until the bloods started to be kited. At this point the druid goes bear and picks up the new bloods and you just need to kill the boss before he becomes overrun.
    As others have said time to kill amalgamations is the significant factor in determining number of bloods. The only other thing I would say is on each roll you should try and get the amalgamations to absorb some bloods before they are thrown off. During a roll we tank the amalgamations on the opposite side of the dragon from the side you are stacking to roll, then when we are ready to roll our spriest lifegrips the amalgamation tank. If he is stood correctly the amalgamations should then run over the pool of bloods left over from the previous plate removing most of them. On the final roll this can remove significant amounts of blood.
    We use a very similar setup for tanks in our raid group. We also were having a bit of trouble with players being picked off on plate 3 after the 1st lift, it can be a bit difficult to taunt every single blood because they begin to spawn so fast. We found it much easier to have a feral druid go as an additional 4th tank after the 1st lift to relieve the warrior kite tank. The druid would hold any extra bloods that were going toward the raid, then the warrior kite tank or our blood killing tank would taunt off him. Yea it is a bit of a dps loss but we found it a lot more reliable to get a kill without players dying. Plus with a 20% nerf I don't think there is much of a DPS check on this fight anymore, it comes down to execution.

We use Pally and two Feral tanks and have one Feral tank the bloods throughout the whole fight, Pally tanks primary amalg (ie the one to be blown up next) and feral the other amalg/helps on bloods/tendons when no other amalg up.
    It makes the fight tremendously safe because primary amalg tank and blood tank can just focus on getting the plate lifted while the other feral "cleans up" around them.

Generally you should be looking at 4:00ish minutes for removing each of the first two plates to be not overrrun by blood on the third (at least in our experience pre 20% and without a warrior tank qq))
    Last edited by YumYum; 2012-05-04 at 05:18 PM.