10+ Year Old Account
    somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Stuck in a bind with professions.

First, i cant post the link due to low post count, but my paladins armory is Reginator, server US-Eredar, guild- Heavens Fury 85 human.

Now my problem is currently question with my paladins professions, which are currently JC/Eng. Im fine with JC and doubt ill ever drop it due to its versatility on a hybrid class. My mainspec is ret, but i pvp as holy, and also have a 396 prot spec(retired prot to be ret). Awhile ago i dropped blacksmithing for eng, and not really sure if it was a good idea, and now im considering dropping eng for enchanting and would like some insight.

I have multiple 85 alts that cover most other professions so the account versatility isnt an issue. The biggest issue i have with not already dropping engineering is i do alot of random stuff on my pally, such as rep farming, pvp, and hit just about every old raid possible with a group of friends on a weekly basis. Im currently the only eng for bots and mailboxes, but to cover repairs(when available) i have the travelers tundra mammoth.

If i missed anything that anyone would like to know, just say so. Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give.

Deleted
    Are looking to make money or just looking to max the bonuses? You say you don't want to drop JC, so I'll leave that one.
    I'd have thought engi would be pretty good for both ret pve and holy pvp, maybe I'm missing something there.

If you were going to drop engineering (for enchanting) then I'd ask you to consider blacksmithing for this tier. it gives 100stat bonuses (vs 80 from enchanting).
    If you're looking beyond this tier then I'd suggest staying with what you have for a while longer until closer to MoP release and see what's what. Maybe something will jump out at you as something you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    Not really looking for money making as i do pretty well from old content, and the rare farming on alts. Currently have 142k so pretty low in the prio.

The glove enchant from pve ret is ok, and dear god the healing proc in random-BGs is OP, but arenas and Rated(which im trying to get into) they arent useable.

Also, yea it'd be beyond this tier. Eng its pretty cool to tinker with, but it seems lacking in actual usefulness for stat stacking.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nator/advanced

OP's armory.

To answer your question, at this point there is really no reason to min/max your toon to the best of your ability because this tier is over. I would start looking at the profession perks that are slowly being posted on MMO as they change. Engineering is generally a solid profession and it works well with ret because you can time your glove tinker with wings + zeal and as long as you use it once inbetween.

Belf. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blacksmith would have been the best choice, IMO, strictly for PVE purposes. Engineering would be good if you're going to stick to BGs, but as mentioned given the tinkers not being useable in Arena shoots that in the foot.

In the end, I might suggest Enchanting (to go with your JC that you say you're likely to keep.) This may sound fail, given the resistance stat and enchants are slated to be removed in Mists ; however, the same stats that benefit you in PVE will never fail to benefit you in PVP. Being an enchanter, you can DE any random greens you don't want for alts into mats for your own chants, and you could enchant your rings [strength] / change enchants on the fly without the hassle of getting someone else to do it or buying scroll upon scroll off the AH. Just a random thought.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggii View Post
    First, i cant post the link due to low post count, but my paladins armory is Reginator, server US-Eredar, guild- Heavens Fury 85 human.

Now my problem is currently question with my paladins professions, which are currently JC/Eng. Im fine with JC and doubt ill ever drop it due to its versatility on a hybrid class. My mainspec is ret, but i pvp as holy, and also have a 396 prot spec(retired prot to be ret). Awhile ago i dropped blacksmithing for eng, and not really sure if it was a good idea, and now im considering dropping eng for enchanting and would like some insight.

I have multiple 85 alts that cover most other professions so the account versatility isnt an issue. The biggest issue i have with not already dropping engineering is i do alot of random stuff on my pally, such as rep farming, pvp, and hit just about every old raid possible with a group of friends on a weekly basis. Im currently the only eng for bots and mailboxes, but to cover repairs(when available) i have the travelers tundra mammoth.

If i missed anything that anyone would like to know, just say so. Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give.
    Engineering is argueably the best profession for a Ret paladin, synapse springs are good for both pve and pvp. However Engineering is not very good for prot or holy.
    You should base your decision on that.

I have to agree with the OP above.. I would kinda wait and see what MOP brings. Watch the info coming out for beta or play beta then maybe see what looks good however Eng and BS is always a fail safe like they stated above.