Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Trinket advice for Heroic Spine

Was looking for some trinket advice for heroic spine. I'm thinking of using heroic idp and fire of deep just to remain ctc capped, but should I swap fire of deep for normal resolve since I'm going to be the one tanking the bloods or what?

Trinkets I have to choose from are:

H IDP
    H Soulshifter Vortex (dk didn't need it no more so took it for the hell of it because it was being DE'd)
    N Resolve
    H Scales of Life
    MoBI
    N Stay of Execution
    N Spidersilk Spindle

Since I'm tanking the bloods would it actually be more worthwhile to use the IDP I have and the Spindle even though it's normal just for the fact they both have the absorb shield or would the lacking mastery really screw me up if I can't make it up in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Was looking for some trinket advice for heroic spine. I'm thinking of using heroic idp and fire of deep just to remain ctc capped, but should I swap fire of deep for normal resolve since I'm going to be the one tanking the bloods or what?

Trinkets I have to choose from are:

H IDP
    H Soulshifter Vortex (dk didn't need it no more so took it for the hell of it because it was being DE'd)
    N Resolve
    H Scales of Life
    MoBI
    N Stay of Execution
    N Spidersilk Spindle

Since I'm tanking the bloods would it actually be more worthwhile to use the IDP I have and the Spindle even though it's normal just for the fact they both have the absorb shield or would the lacking mastery really screw me up if I can't make it up in other places.
    Can't remember what IDP and MoBI is.
    But when we were progressing on this fight i used the stacking dodge trinket from spine (Resolve, right?) and the stacking str trinket from spine, to help keeps the bloods under control

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Can't remember what IDP and MoBI is.
    But when we were progressing on this fight i used the stacking dodge trinket from spine (Resolve, right?) and the stacking str trinket from spine, to help keeps the bloods under control
    Indomitable Pride
    Mirror of broken Images.

But as said, avoidance is extremely strong for the bloods, assuming you're tanking them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So even dropping under ctc cap won't hurt for spine then? Granted, with resolve fully stacked I think I'm like 1% or so from ctc'd.

Being under it on the last plate can hurt the healers a lot, considering the sheer amount of bloods smacking your face that 1% chance to be hit normally can mean the difference between you living and you dying. Considering all the damage on you will mainly come from being smacked, get CTC capped but try to do it with as least mastery as possible and more parry/dodge

Deleted
    I'm not sure if you're aware or not , but the CTC needed for Corrupted blood tanking is 101.6. (lvl 87)

You definitely want to reach the CTC cap and mostly with mastery ( mastery has no diminishing returns unlike dodge and parry from which you gain less with stacking more )
    With that said you want to get as much stamina as possible ( from gems, enchants and trinkets since you can't reforge). Of course there are some exceptions ( like the Spidersilk amazing proc effect)

It's hard to tell which trinket combo is the best for you as i can't look at your character and see what you're going for with your gearing. If you're going for best the best survivablity i'd suggest H IDP and H Scales . This also depends on the strategy that you do and the lenght of the fight(number of bloods). If you find yourself kiting the bloods than you might want to use the 2 i suggested. If you are kiting you'll find yourself dropping below 35 % quite often (in the last part of the fight) , and because of that the spidersilk once every 1 min might be limiting (if you have problems reaching the ctc with 2 stam trinkets equip spider ).

I'll also go over the other trinkets.
    H IDP- amazing amount of stamina and nice proc effect.
    H Soulshifter Vortex - useless for protadins ( nice stamina but the equip effect is useless )(compared to scales depends what you want the on use from scales or 100 more stamina )
    N resolve- Dodge ... avoidance .. no ( Ctc cap (from mastery)>Stamina > avoidance)
    H Scales - decent stamina and on use
    Mobi - mastery incase you need to cap yourself but the magical damage reduction doesn't help your survival ( does to a small extent)
    Stay - You could utilise this quite well but like mentioned above will only work for 1 of the moments you get in touch with the bloods.
    Spidersilk - Mastery for cap and amazing proc.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's 101.6 for the bloods, I'm over that part. I think I'm actually raid buffed .30% from 102.4.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bryce/advanced

Halfway through raid night and we're making it to the 2nd tendon on 2nd plate. Then it all goes to shit.

Deleted
    rhida.ch/ctc-calculator/ should help you with your CTC ( show you how much you gain from buffs)

I already looked at your gearing and could see some improvements . ( but everything will be minor nothing huge)
    Gearing can only take you far as it's just one part of it ( you're mostly ok so it should not effect your tanking )

Problems with bloods on the 2nd platform shouldn't even come close ( you shouldn't be kiting untill the 3rd platform ) Your problems come from the strategy your guild is using

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we finally got to where we were constantly getting to the 3rd plate at the end of the raid. So when we go back in Sunday we're hoping to kill it.

Deleted
    Well, we finally got to where we were constantly getting to the 3rd plate at the end of the raid. So when we go back in Sunday we're hoping to kill it.
    Not trying to be negative or anything but will have to warn you that the fight only starts at the 3rd plate.
    Regardless of that i wish you all the luck!

I went with around 94 ctc buffed, so you don't neccesarily need CTC cap, when you are getting hit that often it's not as horrible to be under the ctc cap, since you won't get bursted down in one hit (unless they all manage to land a hit on you in the same second)

Deleted
    I went with around 94 ctc buffed, so you don't neccesarily need CTC cap, when you are getting hit that often it's not as horrible to be under the ctc cap, since you won't get bursted down in one hit (unless they all manage to land a hit on you in the same second)
    Don't play with this on progression. I'm guessing you're seeing double or maybe even tripple the amount of bloods this guy is seeing. unless you're having problems getting that tendon down or you're trying to get it down in 1 go with your help do not play with it because your damage on bloods doesn't bring much.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushyeu View Post
    Don't play with this on progression. I'm guessing you're seeing double or maybe even tripple the amount of bloods this guy is seeing. unless you're having problems getting that tendon down or you're trying to get it down in 1 go with your help do not play with it because your damage on bloods doesn't bring much.
    I did this on progression :P
    And the damage the tank does to the bloods is high if done properly in 10man, on our kill i did about 70% of the dmg done to the bloods

Deleted
    I did this on progression :P
    And the damage the tank does to the bloods is high if done properly in 10man, on our kill i did about 70% of the dmg done to the bloods
    That's what you should be doing anyway. The question here is sacrificing the CTC cap and stamina for STR which is not much of an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushyeu View Post
    That's what you should be doing anyway. The question here is sacrificing the CTC cap and stamina for STR which is not much of an upgrade.
    Ah, figured you meant "do not play with it because your damage on bloods doesn't bring much." that the tank wasn't doing much damage to them.
    And stamina was pointless since I was never in a chance of dying, but yes, reducing my dmg taken by getting more ctc would work aswell, although then we'd have to kite earlier, and i'd have more bloods hitting me. I compared logs from our kill to other paladin tanks, and we were quite equal on dtps (damage taken per second) and I never really had burst spikes either.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm never actually feeling like I'm in danger with the bloods after 2nd plate comes off, so add about triple that for 3rd o.O

I'm getting worried again =/.

I'm never actually feeling like I'm in danger with the bloods after 2nd plate comes off, so add about triple that for 3rd o.O

I'm getting worried again =/.
    Are you clearing the residues with the extra Amalgs before you roll after each plate pop? You should be able to go into plate 3 with almost no residue at all on his back and usually only 3 or so active adds. That coupled with the now 20% nerf makes it much more manageable though its still hectic on plate 3 (we had a bad roll on 2nd plate and had 48 active bloods when 3rd plate died LOL)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're trying to, but the amalg tank gets 9 bloods absorbed before rolling and the add just stays on. Some attempts we got 7-8 only and rolled just fine, others not so much.

We're trying to, but the amalg tank gets 9 bloods absorbed before rolling and the add just stays on. Some attempts we got 7-8 only and rolled just fine, others not so much.
    Hmm..Ive never had that happen. We did a ton of attempts and got lots of 9 stacked adds to fly off. Id chalk that up to somehting that isnt supposed to happen. I was tanking 2 9 stack adds on one of our rolls and they flew off just fine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone was saying if they get 9 stacks after the roll is started, they fly off, but if they get 9 stacks before the roll is started it sticks them to the spine and they don't fly off.