10+ Year Old Account

Computer Start Up Issues

So upon starting up the computer and logging in, neither my desktop, rainmeter, or icons load. I'm able to open up task-manager and start firefox using the run command, but yeah. I can alt-tab between firefox & the task-manager also.

Already tried restarting computer, had the same issue.

Any ideas?

in the run command type "explorer" no quotes

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, did that a few mins ago and it worked. Any idea as to why/how this happens?

For some reason your explorer decided not to run at start-up. Restart your machine and see if it persists now that you have started the explorer process again. There may have been something (like a patch) that was erroneously blocking explorer from starting. Have a poke around, check event viewer for errors. There should be something there stating why is failed to start.

Deleted
    Maybe run System restore...

If that doesnt fix it then u need to fresh install windows..

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Maybe run System restore...

If that doesnt fix it then u need to fresh install windows..
    Not necessarily sfc /scannow command may repair the corruption if there is any present.

Deleted
    sfc only checks file integrity, It wont detect any config errors/corruption of registry.

As Explorer still runs when asked id point to registry errors rather than missing/damaged files...

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    sfc only checks file integrity, It wont detect any config errors/corruption of registry.

As Explorer still runs when asked id point to registry errors rather than missing/damaged files...
    Most likely. However when faced with a complete rebuild it's still worth giving it a go. It only takes a few minutes to run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-checker.html