Deleted

struggling with pvp

hi guys well,

im currently resto and just doing some rbg with a irl friend whos playing a warrior iand its all good till who ever he is hitting suddenly sees green poop flying off him then its all on me but see problem is i aint sure how to properly defend my self as resto, i mean i heal my self etc and natures grasp melee and try to cyclone casters but meh anyhow, thats rbg,

we tried arena 2v2 the oter night and we got ownd grated our gear aint best in the world, but it will get better, but see i dunno if its down to me for defence in 2's or is it down to my warrior friend to peel from me , as i cant really do a great deal when cc'd etc,

also my friend dont have intervene macro's or anytihng set so he basically tunnel visions into what ever he is killing and i literally have to scream down vent to get him to do things, lol

basically guys im calling on the pvp community here for some advice and hopefully some tips to defend my self, i wont link armoury as its obvious i need gear, and thats the first line of defence but i mean in general , like i know 2's aint that hot ,but we just wanna have a little fun and tbh its not fun when at the end of an arena he tells me its my fault for not healing :P and im blaming him for not getting stuff off me ,haha anyway had to get that out of my system :P

thanks in advance for any tips, tricks or advice you can give me i mean is it worth me respeccing to feral or boomer for example ? i do enjoy a little healing tho its kinda soothing so to speak

cheers
    M.A.G out
    Last edited by mmocc77f2b0cdf; 2012-05-03 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added stuff

Deleted
    Resto Druids are only viable if you have an insanely good teammate who babysits you for the whole game.
    In the end its too much work for it to be fun. Id suggest going boomkin and faceroll RBGS or feral for 3v3 as feral/mage/priest or feral/warrior/healer or feral/hunter healer.

Restodruid isnt really worth it right now and if you dont have an insane amount of patience you should stay away from it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors and resto Druids are both pretty much bottom of the barrel for pvp right now. Warriors are good in rbgs as prot and
    Rdruid is viable in rbgs but you're better off going boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    Warriors and resto Druids are both pretty much bottom of the barrel for pvp right now. Warriors are good in rbgs as prot and
    Rdruid is viable in rbgs but you're better off going boomkin.
    Boomkin is the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Boomkin is the same thing
    Boomkins are great in RBGs because they can pump out scary amounts of damage if left alone, and there are bigger targets in RBGs so they can generally get casts off.

Also, solar DoTs are REALLY scary, and DoTcleave + Cunning of the Cruel teams are dominating right now.

Deleted
    Boomkins are overall more attractive in RBGs at the moment than feral or resto. So if RBGs is what you want then go boomkin.
    If you enjoy struggling and getting carried for a whole season then go for resto.
    Do you like imitating a rogue (but not ever come near the amount of utility and control) then go feral.

In arenas i would recommend feral/hunter/non-druid healer or feral/mage/non-druid healer for epic awesomeness

Nature's Swiftness+Cyclone can be a life saver. Can be to interrupt a healer, peel for yourself, or freeze someone out of los.

Also, you may have to use tree form as a defensive mechanism. The increase in armor and ability to spam RGs instantly on yourself should be able to keep yourself alive for the duration of the CD.

For RBGs, you will have to rely on peels at some point if you are getting attention. OBV, nature's grasp and barkskin (which I hope you are glyphing) as much as you can. Get good at shifting out of roots asap. You also have an interrupt, albeit in cat/bear form, and a stun in bear form, so dont forget that those are there. You also have two extremely powerful and annoying abilities in Faerie Fire and Hibernate. EVERY rogue you see should be getting at least one stack of Faerie Fire, and get ready to Hibernate other shift-happy druids and shamans. Forcing a rogue to use a cloak on Faerie fire can be huge.

Other than that, get more gear and more practice.