10+ Year Old Account

[BETA] Epicurean's & Chef's Awards: Cooking

So when I logged in to the beta just now (build 15662) there was a message I had gained X number of Epicurean's awards. Upon inspection it turns out that the Chef's awards I had (currency from the cooking daily in the major cities) had been turned in to this new currency and were set at 0 now. I had zero awards from the Dalaran cooking dailies, Dalaran Cooking Awards, but I suspect that they got counted for this too.

The text on these Epicurean's awards reads: "Visit special cooking vendors in Dalaran and the capital cities to to purchase unusual cooking recipes, spices and even a fine hat!" (note: spelling mistake not mine)

I checked and the daily in SW still gave Chef's awards in both the quest text and on completion in your currency tab. I was back at 1 after doing it. Important to note that the Cata recipes still cost Chef's awards.

The Dalaran cooking daily quest text reads that you get the new Epicurean awards. I did the daily in Dalaran and wa sindeed awarded with one of the new Epicurean Awards. The vendor in Dalaran was using the new Epicurean's awards as currency to buy what you could previoulsy buy for Dalaran Cooking Awards, and that too works, I was able to buy some Northern Spices with them.

So I'm not sure what was meant with this change. I hope that you can purchase the Cata recipes for Epicurean Awards too when things go live, else the sort-of reset of cooking awards to the new currency seems weird. Not sure about the daily in the Capital cities. It would be kind of handy if you could still use them to get relevant recipes and mats, but I fully understand if they change the daily to give Epicurean Awards too.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-05-04 at 02:25 AM. Reason: did Dalaran daily to check if things worked

I hope this isnt just something they do to make it easier in the beta but will go live, that u can get the same token for all the dailys. for all proffs tbh(ofc not same token in all proffs). make ppl have a reason to go back and to do the old ones. would love that instead of having unused tokens