The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

putting together new pc with a question

I'm starting to put my PC together, but this time is the first time I've actually had multiple HDDs to put in initially. Does it matter whether I plug in all of my HDDs to the SATA ports on the mobo or should I plug in my primary HD, install the OS, then go back and plug the rest of my HDDs in?

Deleted
    it dose not matter if you plug them all in at once.
    However I would recommend you put your boot one in first, then install windows since there is no risk of you accidentally putting your OS on the wrong drive then.

once your OS is installed, it should detect them automaticaly, if it doenst then you may need to use the Disk management tool if your installing windows,
    Right click my computer - Manage - Disk managment - select drive then import. it is rare to need to do this though
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-05-04 at 07:28 AM.

Coming from someone with 4 3.5s in a mid-tower, I STRONGLY advise you to at least situate all of the drives and their SATA / power connections prior to installing the rest of your components. :P
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Coming from someone with 4 3.5s in a mid-tower, I STRONGLY advise you to at least situate all of the drives and their SATA / power connections prior to installing the rest of your components. :P

indeed. I have "a few" HDD's in my mid tower, Cannot stress the hassle it was to install them afterwards. especially the SSD which needed to be mounted to the chassis, underneath the several hdd's in the tower. I Raged so much at the design of the case.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Oh yeah, I have them all connected with cables and situated already, just haven't made the connections to the mobo yet. Trying to do some cable management in the Raven RV02 and it's seemingly harder than I thought as it's requiring some effort to jam all the wires in the back of the case and fitting the back panel in lol