Poll: Which team wins gold?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really Canada? Losing to Slovak's? You'd think the extra few feet of ice wouldn't make a difference for a Canadian team with all that talent, but apparently it does. How do you lose to a team whose country has less then 10 players in the NHL? Derp

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Luke Shenn is on your national team, you know it's not going to be that great of a team

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    When Luke Shenn is on your national team, you know it's not going to be that great of a team
    To be fair a lot of the canadian players are just getting off a long NHL season. Then again the Leafs quit playing in February so he should have been well rested.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that our players aren't accustomed to playing on international sized rinks, which is why we dominate at the Olympics in North America, however we look mediocre internationally. The rules have never been an issue for our teams, just look at our world junior history, we have totally dominated that kind of game. The thing is though that the NHL wouldn't force teams to switch to the larger rink size because that costs teams a lot of money in seating, looking at potentially a loss of about 100-150 seats in any given arena.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad Canada didn't make it as far as fans would like, but I'm not too worried about it. In reality, if we were putting team Canada together and could pick our best it would be a different story. It's not sour grapes. I doubt many will contest that Canada puts out some of the worlds greatest hockey players year after year. Problem is a lot of these guys have no interest in playing an international tourney right after they finished a long and hard season. And let's be honest, do they really have to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Really Canada? Losing to Slovak's? You'd think the extra few feet of ice wouldn't make a difference for a Canadian team with all that talent, but apparently it does. How do you lose to a team whose country has less then 10 players in the NHL? Derp
    Don't diss, its our second loss.

Anywho, Slovakia really did surprise this year, damn good luck vs RUS, its 2002 all over again.

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'm sad Canada didn't make it as far as fans would like, but I'm not too worried about it. In reality, if we were putting team Canada together and could pick our best it would be a different story. It's not sour grapes. I doubt many will contest that Canada puts out some of the worlds greatest hockey players year after year. Problem is a lot of these guys have no interest in playing an international tourney right after they finished a long and hard season. And let's be honest, do they really have to?
    To represent their country? But I guess they go what ever pays more ey?
    -K

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not like it matters, it's not like we are sending all our NHL stars to the Sochi Olympics in 2014, not at this rate anyway. With a potential lockout coming this summer, and players disgruntled because the league are cheap bastards and won't cover player insurance for those who are selected to represent their countries at the Olympics, Canada and the USA especially, are going to be hard pressed to find representation if it winds up that our NHL players can't compete because most of our best players, play in the NHL. Not to mention other issues between the players and the league, and it really bothers me that it's been less then 10 years since the current CBA was put into place.

10+ Year Old Account

Home Page
    Standings

::Games:

::Ended::

v

Finland v Czech Republic
    2:3

::Ended::

v

Russia v Slovakia
    6:2

Last edited by Mister K; 2012-05-20 at 07:50 PM.
    -K