Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That lokke guy sounds like a self indulgent tool, shame the gm was wrong too, it wont let you set spine heroic unless the other 6 are down on heroic.
    Sounds like that Draykorinee guy needs to buy a dictionary, and look up self indulgent.

Deleted
    If you dont kill 6/8 hc, you cant pull spine hc. Same for madness, if you dont kill spine hc, you cant pull madness hc.

BUT

If you soft reset instance after doing 6/8 hc and spine normal, you CAN pull madness hc. Dont know if there would be problems after clearing everything normal, but the first 6 bosses should be absolutely no issue if you are planning madness hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netukka View Post
    If you dont kill 6/8 hc, you cant pull spine hc. Same for madness, if you dont kill spine hc, you cant pull madness hc.

BUT

If you soft reset instance after doing 6/8 hc and spine normal, you CAN pull madness hc. Dont know if there would be problems after clearing everything normal, but the first 6 bosses should be absolutely no issue if you are planning madness hc.
    This is actually incorrect. This is how the DS locking works for heroics:

"You must kill 6/8 Heroic in order to start the Heroic Spine or Heroic Madness Encounter(s). Heroic Spine is NOT required to start Heroic Madness as Spine and Deathwing are the same boss encounter, only the previous 6 bosses are required to have been killed on heroic."
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

All this patronizing lecturing of the OP is completely unnecessary. What's he's asking is a very simple technical question that has a yes or no answer.

Madness Heroic right not with the 20% debuff is not the same Madness heroic at pre-nerf status. The difficulty came largely from the tightness of the tuning, which is disproportionately reduced compared to some of the more mechanics-driven fights. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that at this point, some raid groups might have an easier time with Madness than some other more mechanically-involved hardmode.

Deleted
    Well from what I remember, when we were doing fl and had 6/7 hc easily, there was a time when we did beth or ryolith on normal and the rest of hc and then ragnaros hc wouldn't spawn. I think it's probably the same for deathwing and dragon soul since some top guilds could as well exploit it and skip tough bosses like spine and just kill madness. Which is pretty unfair since spine was the big obstacle for world first really. Now imagine if all top guilds could jump just this one. Madness would go down in like 12-13 days instead of 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandello19 View Post
    Sounds like that Draykorinee guy needs to buy a dictionary, and look up self indulgent.
    I bought a dictionary and looked up self indulgent and it sounds about right. You(I assume that's you, or you wouldn't have posted to defend it) were clearly just trolling the GM because you can't figure out the raid lockouts. It's a simple system and you're over complicating it because you don't like it. I suppose we should go back to the old system, where you were locked into one raid ID regardless of what bosses you were present for.

Thanks for the responses, despite the arrogant individuals that feel the need to pump there chest out and insult others for not being up to par to there standards. I realize the mechanics of Spine/Madness are arguably more difficult then the first 6 bosses but this question came about from us wanting to actually engage the encounter to "get our feet wet". We are capable of clearing 6/8 HM with ease in fact we managed to go 4/8HM only wiping 3 times on very first HM night.

People are not arrogant, Mr. Jon. They talk from experience, probably they spent many, many weeks in this raid and defeated all bosses and now they can have an opinion about difficulty. And then you come and want to just storm trough it, jump from 4/8HC straight to last boss. Who's arrogant?

And please nobody say anything about "just asking a technical question". It has been asked and answered even on this forums MANY times before.

You can skip straight to heroic madness without killing a single boss in DS. Here's how:

Find someone with a 7/8H lockout. Have them invite you to raid. Enter the dragon soul instance. Hit accept when it asks if you want to take this lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post

"You must kill 6/8 Heroic in order to start the Heroic Spine or Heroic Madness Encounter(s). Heroic Spine is NOT required to start Heroic Madness as Spine and Deathwing are the same boss encounter, only the previous 6 bosses are required to have been killed on heroic."
    So, say I got a 6/8h lock on my DK alt... Could I just kill normal Spine, extend the lockout, and use it later, in another week, to start progressing right on H-Madness?
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Thanks for the responses, despite the arrogant individuals that feel the need to pump there chest out and insult others for not being up to par to there standards. I realize the mechanics of Spine/Madness are arguably more difficult then the first 6 bosses but this question came about from us wanting to actually engage the encounter to "get our feet wet". We are capable of clearing 6/8 HM with ease in fact we managed to go 4/8HM only wiping 3 times on very first HM night.
    Just extend your raid if your running out of time working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

hardest fights are warmaster and spine, after that madness is np

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Getting your feet wet won't help you clear other Hardmodes, if you can clear so easily then why are you trying to still get 6/8 HM. Don't say you can clear them with ease either because with the nerf you are still not 6/8 HM, right now you are riding a two wheel bike with training wheels to get you through the 6/8 HM content. Don't worry about content you can't unlock until you can complete the content prior to it. All you are doing is splitting up your efforts/resources in hopes you snag a DW kill with relative ease so you can boast having killed him and not have to work to make it to that point like well deserving guilds have in the past. There is a reason why you aren't 8/8 and it's because you are looking for shortcuts.

Stop being so greedy and arrogant.

BUT

^^^Total Bs. Take your false information elsewhere. I just did 6/8 heroic, and normal spine, and even with a soft reset you CANNOT start Heroic Madness. Thrall says "You cannot start this encounter until you complete all the previous encounters in heroic .)"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post

So according to that, you wouldnt even need the soft reset? Wrong. You can go ahead and try, do 6 hc -> norm spine -> try to start H madness. Wont let you pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandello19 View Post
    ^^^Total Bs. Take your false information elsewhere. I just did 6/8 heroic, and normal spine, and even with a soft reset you CANNOT start Heroic Madness. Thrall says "You cannot start this encounter until you complete all the previous encounters in heroic .)"
    Worked just fine for me a few weeks ago. Maybe they finally fixed it?

Worked just fine for me a few weeks ago. Maybe they finally fixed it?
    This was fixed when the 15% nerf occurred, so more like over a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    That GM is pretty wrong too is the funny part =/
    It isn't funny because Blizzard have overcomplicated the way that thing works. A history teacher may not be able to give you a date for every event that occurred since the formation of Earth till present time, but that doesn't make him a bad teacher.

yes but if an american history professior got the date of the signing of independence wrong he would be. Knowing how the heroic lockouts on the current tier of content works is something every cs or gm should know.

Deleted
    @OP You need to clear ALL heroics pre-Spine in order to unlock Spine and you need to clear H Spine in order to unlock H Madness. I'm 95% sure that this is true although I have no attempted it myself because there is no reason to. Do the bosses in the order they're intended in, its better that way. Don't be fooled by what you read on forums, just because some people said Madness is easy doesn't mean it actually is. Easy is a relative term, for a 7/8 guild that has farmed heroic gear and done the first 7 it might feel easy. If you're 4/8 then I guarantee it won't feel easy for you even if you bought a raid ID and got to do it. Hagara will be easier so just work on her. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Madness Heroic right not with the 20% debuff is not the same Madness heroic at pre-nerf status. The difficulty came largely from the tightness of the tuning, which is disproportionately reduced compared to some of the more mechanics-driven fights. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that at this point, some raid groups might have an easier time with Madness than some other more mechanically-involved hardmode.
    Then you'd be wrong. Sorry but you just are, Madness with 0% was way harder than the first 5 at 0% and Madness with 20% is way harder than the first 5 at 20%. Just because its primarily a numbers fight doesn't mean there is no skill involved, a raid that can't kill Hagara will not kill Madness. Hagara is simply easier in every regard.

The reason people say Madness is so easy is because all of the people who can do Madness have already done Spine and so are at a level where Madness doesn't feel so hard. That doesn't mean that Madness is easy compared to the first 5 bosses. There is a BIG gap in difficulty between the first 5 and final 3 bosses in DS, if a guild hasn't done the first 5 its a bad idea to attempt any of the final 3.