Video card upgrade for HPE510y?

Hi, folks!

My current system: HPE-510y. The only upgrade I've made to date is the addition of a Crucial M4 128GB drive, which I use both to hold WoW and D3, and to act as the boot drive; the OEM drive houses the 'non-essentials.'

I'm hoping I can realize a significant improvement in video performance both for WoW (both current and MoP (on release)) as well as Diablo III with an investment of under $200 towards a better video card (and, if as I suspect will be required to support it, a power supply) than the AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB card included in my system. Obviously I'd like to be able to run at the highest settings and resolution possible, whereas right now I'm running on the "Good" settings and managing 20-30FPS in 25 man raid combat at reduced resolution (1440x900). Solo, or 'around town,' I get 50-60FPS. I currently run WoW in windowed mode, and am using a single monitor.

I'd love some input on what would be the best compatible upgrade (card or card+power supply) to fit my machine and budget, with a 'napkin math' estimate of the settings level / FPS I'd likely be able to set / achieve -- or if I wouldn't see any reasonable improvement without spending more.

Thanks in advance!

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Original PSU is just 300W, which can't support fast GPU. It's barely enough for current setup. So you need new psu too. Expect to put $/€/£ 50-60 for psu and rest for GPU.
    For GPU choice, in the general price range: GTX 560, HD 6870, HD 7770. Former two are bit faster and bit more expensive. The latter is a bit cheaper. HD 6850 is also a possibility, if you can find one cheaper than HD 7770.

Would you care to specify where you and thus which retailers you have available in your country?

7770 or 6850 would be fine on that PSU. 6850 uses 100w~ under full load, the 7770 even less. You'd still have 80w~ left over as headroom after you factor in the processor, mobo, fans, etc.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

New gpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131374

New psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371035

Both comes out close to 200 together sorry i wouldnt trust the psu in a prebuilt to support a 6850 premades are known to use low quality parts
    You Can't C Me!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    7770 or 6850 would be fine on that PSU. 6850 uses 100w~ under full load, the 7770 even less. You'd still have 80w~ left over as headroom after you factor in the processor, mobo, fans, etc.
    I've burned one GPU when I calculcated the PSU should be enough with a good margin. It wasn't.
    Don't expect cheap PSU to deliver full 300W safely 24/7 just because it says so in the sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    Would you care to specify where you and thus which retailers you have available in your country?
    In USA, so Amazon, Newegg, Tigerdirect, and I'm sure a hundred other great sites I don't know - plus, of course, the 'big box' retailers such as Walmart, BestBuy, Office Depot, and so forth.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    GPU linked by Sick is fine, but i'd probably save $10 and get this for PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139027.