Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

[Music] Beastie Boys Rapper Adam "MCA" Yauch Dead at 47

Sad news for Beastie Boy fans. Adam "MCA" Yauch passed away. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...at-48-20120504

Few details are out but I assume it was his cancer coming back. I am truly saddened. One of my favorite bands growing up.

*edit: well I suck at using search, best delete my lousy thread
    Last edited by Greasy McNasty; 2012-05-05 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistrpeabody View Post
    This is indeed a bummer. What most people think of with the Beastie Boys is Girls and Fight for your right to party. After truly listening to their albums due to my wife being a big fan. I came to learn that they were not recognized enough for their actual musical talents. I saw them in Detroit, MI several years ago, and they fucking rocked. During the intermission they had a 20-30 minute instrumental jam session followed by Mix Master Mike. Truly amazing, was something I will never forget.
    Paul's Boutique is still one of my all time favorite albums. The entire thing is just brilliant from beginning to end. I still find it odd that it is probably their least known album.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVr4UP9ntLs

Coldplay did a tribute to Beastie Boys the same night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard about his death on the radio, big shame, never was a fan of their later Beastie Boys stuff, loved their early stuff though. Tragic because in my eyes he died way too young

Deleted
    I only liked Intergalatic because of some of the lyrics and the epic music video.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Eh, never heard of him or the Beastie Boys. Sounds like an 80's band. And I hate the 80's.
    Youtube their music and give it a try. They are soooooo much better then these whack ass so called "mc's" of today

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I only liked Intergalatic because of some of the lyrics and the epic music video.
    I remember when I first got Licensed to ill on cassette, dam that was a badass album

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 11:15 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_FBrqQBjcE brings back many good memories

I haven't listened to the album in years, but I still know almost all the words to Licensed to Ill.
    MCA was a great rapper, great director, hilarious person. All in all, we lost a great person to cancer.