Question about TRIM with sata bios settings

I've finally bought an SSD so now I have two 1TB Samsung spinpoint f3s which I don't have much use for apart from as a data / fraps drive.

Anyway I was thinking about putting both of these drives into raid0 and then using the ssd as a primary os and application drive (outside of the array). The thing I'm a bit concerned about though is if trim is supported when the sata settings in the bios are set to 'raid' on an Asus p8p67 board? (I've googled around a bit and I've not found a solid answer so far.)

The second question I have can I put the pagefile onto the raid array as I've read it can help the lifespan of your SSD a bit by moving it to an alternative drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drives not in a RAID function run in AHCI mode. For pagefile, you can put that anywhere you want.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

^What he said.

Just because you have RAID enabled doesn't mean that any or all of the drives have to be in a RAID array.

As far as the paging file thing, There's been a bit of a controversy about whether to put it on the SSD or not. From what I understand, you absolutely want the paging file on the SSD, because that's apparently a good chunk of what makes the OS faster than if you put it on a HDD. The other reason that they say it's ok to do this, is because the MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) on a SSD is listed at 1,200,000 Hours. That's close to 137 years, and you probably won't want to use it that long.

One other thing to keep in mind, and I don't know if this changes with brand or new developments, but when I installed a clean copy of Windows7 onto my Intel SSD, I had to supply a driver during the install process in order for all the tools to work correctly.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well he's asking if the TRIM command gets passed through the SATA controller if it's in RAID mode. It's true that RAID mode is a superset of AHCI, but the Intel RST drivers didn't always support TRIM in RAID mode on non-RAID volumes.

I guess I should of googled around a bit more, since that was changed in 2010 apparently. As for the pagefile I'm guess I'm reading outdated info too and instead I should only focus on removing things I never use like the hibernation file to free up some disk space.

Thanks for the reply's I'll get to work on reinstalling windows!