Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    These changes are horrible. Shad Priests are now a hybrid of what Affliction Locks and Destro Locks once were. Maintaining 2 dots with a channeled spell you have to constantly clip due to random MB Procs and DP uses. I feel like I'm all over the place with any sort of rotation. I know rotations tend to make us tunnel but without any fluidity in a class/spec, it just isn't good for business.

I raided a rogue for 2 years while having this desire to be a Shadow Priest. I finally made one in the middle of Wrath and had a blast raiding one for the past 3 years, but I'm sad to say that my Affliction Lock is looking better each day.

I disagree completely.

The rotation in it's current form feels very fluid, assuming you don't pick up the new FDCL. The MB procs are also optional, and you can choose to pick up PI or ToF. The reduction with haste on MB is actually really nice, as the number of mind-flays without refreshing a dot are the same with the haste levels I've tested (they both scale the same amount) so haste just makes you cast the whole rotation faster.

Obviously, if you talent procs you're going to have to deal with casting the procs, but the talents don't define the spec.

I'm just going to have to disagree with you. MB procs optional? Do you hear yourself? MB procs are not optional. It's what builds your Orbs. Not taking advantage of the procs to help build those orbs is going to be lost dps due to less frequent DP shots. Contrary to DP's tooltip, hitting a target with that, with 3 orbs is huge. Not getting that off as often as possible is detrimental. Perhaps you're concerned with getting full channels on MF. I don't know. But MF has always been filler. You're speaking of MB procs as being filler when you suggest they are "optional". I've messed with the rotation quite a bit. Mind Spike is still a useless spell. VT and SW:P work fairly well together. One being shorter than the other and the shorter of the two (SW:P) having the cast time, it lines up fairly well. But the randomness of MB procs is really making a mess of whether or not to cast a MF. In many cases when you do you're clipping it. I guess we will see if they refine the mechanics. It seems to me by making DP into this semi-burst spell, they just wanted to try to figure out a way to get us to work in Mind Spike because we would feel like something is missing. We might be better off macroing MB and DP together regardless of the orbs built up and just let it loose. As I see it now, with MB being so unpredictable, I might just obstain from casting MF cause I'll just end up clipping it anyway.

Deleted
    I'm going compare it with a hunter just for the sake of arguing.
    Atm there is the proc Lock and Load, resets the cooldown of explosive shot (main SV nuke) and its completely random with a short ICD that procs of a DoT, quite similar, no?
    It does in no way make the rotation non-fluid and if you're casting a cobra shot when it procs you use it after the cobra shot is done, same with MF except its a channeling spell so you can just clip it as soon as the GCD is over.

While it might sound like having a random proc make MB instant and of CD would make it non-fluid is just crazy, not having ANY procs or ANY thing that changes the "rotation" is what in my mind and I'd think many others mind makes a spec boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmdogg View Post
    MB procs optional? Do you hear yourself?
    Read his post again. The MB procs are optional. Don't pick the talent if you do not want the procs.
    We might be better off macroing MB and DP together regardless of the orbs built up and just let it loose.
    Um. What? Macroing 2 spells that are on GCD? Are you serious? You cast DP only when at 3 Orbs, else you're wasting GCDs.
    As I see it now, with MB being so unpredictable,
    Again, it's only unpredictable if you pick Divine Insight, else it's 100% predictable.
    I might just obstain from casting MF cause I'll just end up clipping it anyway.
    Good thing you never played shadow back in BC, and if you do not cast MF, what other spells are you going to cast?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmdogg View Post
    I'm just going to have to disagree with you. MB procs optional? Do you hear yourself? MB procs are not optional. It's what builds your Orbs. Not taking advantage of the procs to help build those orbs is going to be lost dps due to less frequent DP shots. Contrary to DP's tooltip, hitting a target with that, with 3 orbs is huge. Not getting that off as often as possible is detrimental. Perhaps you're concerned with getting full channels on MF. I don't know. But MF has always been filler. You're speaking of MB procs as being filler when you suggest they are "optional". I've messed with the rotation quite a bit. Mind Spike is still a useless spell. VT and SW:P work fairly well together. One being shorter than the other and the shorter of the two (SW:P) having the cast time, it lines up fairly well. But the randomness of MB procs is really making a mess of whether or not to cast a MF. In many cases when you do you're clipping it. I guess we will see if they refine the mechanics. It seems to me by making DP into this semi-burst spell, they just wanted to try to figure out a way to get us to work in Mind Spike because we would feel like something is missing. We might be better off macroing MB and DP together regardless of the orbs built up and just let it loose. As I see it now, with MB being so unpredictable, I might just obstain from casting MF cause I'll just end up clipping it anyway.

If you split up mass words into paragraphs it makes it a ton easier for us to read.

Back on topic, divine insight is optional, and depending, can quite easily be the inferior choice in pve. Twist of fate can be an incredibly powerful talent. In a fight with numerous adds, you could potentially have near 100% uptime on 15% more damage. Even single target, with sdw resetting and giving orbs our execute damage is quite intense, and that would benefit well with that talent. On top of all that, the shorter your mb cooldown becomes, the less beneficial the procs are. Just something to keep in mind.

Now, I'm not saying Divine Insight is bad, it is just variable. The shadow priest dps talent choices(pre-90) are currently exactly what blizzard has intended with the new system, varying choices. Choices that are based on fights, skill, play-style, etc. Just stay away from FDCL, that shit blows. Not sure why all you shadowpriests what more mindspike anyway.
    Last edited by drpepper101; 2012-05-11 at 07:55 PM.

I wish they would make MF a cast spell since I absolutely hate channels. Make it something like a 2 sec cast with the same DPSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I'm going compare it with a hunter just for the sake of arguing.
    I stopped playing a Hunter because I hated focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiztastic View Post
    I like shadow priest, but I don't want to play them like I do now when MoP is live. I mean, look at the shadow spells for priest (when you select the shadow tree). pretty much nothing new there except the health swap spell. Now also look at the talents, our talents are pretty stale. They are mostly procs that are an anoyance in both pvp and pve. I mean really why would I think a talent that replaces my shadowfiend with a beter shadowfiend is fun? I like shadowpriests as much as the next guy but come on...... All the interesting talents that as active are mostly healing-type abilites. How retarded is it that shadow priest can put down a halo? or cast balls of light? really?

For DKs they are pretty mucht he same spec wise, but their fun and mostly active talents in stead of proc rates like fkn priests make up for it. I just want to know what the community's opinion is on Spriest "fun".

This isnt argueing if they can compete agaisnt otehr classes. i really don't care abotu that.
    So you like shadow priest but won't play one if MoP went live tomorrow because they are not getting new spells. If you like the class and the play-style, why does it matter that they are not getting a new spell? New expansion doesn't necessarily mean new spells, in fact I would rather not have anything new than something that is broken. Also, your idea of "fun", i.e. having bunch of new active CDs doesn't really appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper101 View Post
    Twist of fate can be an incredibly powerful talent. In a fight with numerous adds, you could potentially have near 100% uptime on 15% more damage.
    Yes, you could. But frankly, with 2+ adds I'm still seeing DI come out on top when I sim it. It's a great example of a direct DPS talent where it's very easy to make a bad choice...exactly what we were supposed to get away from.

The Priest Talent tree leaning so heavily toward Holy/Light spells in the later tiers is what annoys me. If I played Shadow Priest, then I would want to use...shadow spells.

Completely unreasonable of me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The Priest Talent tree leaning so heavily toward Holy/Light spells in the later tiers is what annoys me. If I played Shadow Priest, then I would want to use...shadow spells.

Completely unreasonable of me, I know.
    The last tier actually has Shadow versions of the spells, but for some reason they're not showing in the talents.
    Perhaps because it's just the same spells as the Healing versions but with Shadow damage, but still.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/120644-dark-halo (http://www.wowdb.com/spells/120517-halo)

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/122128-dark-star (http://www.wowdb.com/spells/110744-divine-star)
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-05-11 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    The last tier actually has Shadow versions of the spells
    Halo and Divine Star do, Cascade doesn't.

Since Cascade also is a healing OR damage spell, while the other 2 are healing AND damage spells, i doubt Cascade will be that useful for Spriests. Also, since Darkstar and Darkhalo are buffed by shadowform, they are doing more damage than Cascade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Halo and Divine Star do, Cascade doesn't.

Since Cascade also is a healing OR damage spell, while the other 2 are healing AND damage spells, i doubt Cascade will be that useful for Spriests. Also, since Darkstar and Darkhalo are buffed by shadowform, they are doing more damage than Cascade.
    Aye. I do think Cascade will be changed to scale with Shadowform though, anything else just seems strange.

I really like shadow in MoP, but I kinda liked apparations as the shadow orb spender vs DP. but I think that's just a matter of taste, the output is pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Araun View Post
    I really like shadow in MoP, but I kinda liked apparations as the shadow orb spender vs DP. but I think that's just a matter of taste, the output is pretty much the same.
    I agree to some extent. DP is dispellable while SA was kitable from a PVP pov, so both spells had their advantage/disadvantage.
    But on the other side, healers might want to wait with dispelling now until we have used DP, which let's us get a better uptime on SW:P and VT
    In PVE Devouring Plague has the advantage though!

I did enjoy control over SA too. I know people have calculated this a useless orb dump, still it was kind of a unique mechanic to use rather than a truck with Dot. So far Spriest looks good. ^^