[Megathread] Elder Scrolls Online

Well since no one has started one, i'll go ahead and be the first to start it. I'll try to keep all the information centered here.
    Seeing as how this is very new information, a lot of this will be subject to change.

The Intial Reveal credited to Game Informer Magazine:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ls-online.aspx

A forum poster with some unsubstantiated info about actual game play(credit to Nirolak on neogaf.com forums)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749
    Factions
    Ebonheart Pact: The Nords, Dunmer, and Argoninans
    Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajit
    Daggerfall Covenant: Bretons, Redguard, and Orcs

Gameplay Notes
    *Third Person
    *Fully Voiced
    *1000 years before Skyrim
    *Mounts, no flying mounts
    *Main Antagonist: Daedric Prince Molag Bal

PVE
    *Hotbar style combat
    *Raids/Heroic Modes
    *High End Public Dungeons(think non instanced Dungeons)
    *Regular Dungeons
    *Seperate Leveling content per-faction
    *Leveling Cap @120 hours
    *Hubless design Questing(For example, you don't necessarily pick up a quest to do the following, but if you kill all the necromancers in an undead barrow, a shade you free at the end will reward you.)
    *Standard Classes, experience, but with the flavor of going out and righting wrongs, and finding riches ala Elder Scrolls style.
    *Same faction class skill combo's.

PVP
    *3 faction PvP where you fight to take over keeps and use trebuchets and other siege weapons to help do it. At the high end, you can have 100 v 100 battles. There are also farms and mines you can try to take over. Mots of this happens in Cyrodiil where your goal is to take over and hold the Imperial City to get faction wide bonuses for it. If you have played Dark Age of Camelot, this probably sounds familiar. For those who haven't, essentially the entire zone is a giant PvP area will all sorts of points of interest.
    *The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes emperor whenever you take over the capital
    *When you take over Cyrodiil, you will be able to adventure in it as a hostile city a la Kvatch
    *Balanced PVP for esports.

Locations
    *Tons of towns ranging from Imperial City, Windhelm, Daggerfall, Sentinel, Mournhold, Ebonheart, Elden Root, Shornhelm, Evermore, Riften, and a lot more
    *Fast travel exists in the game in the form of wayshrines, which are also your ressurection point, and you can teleport from one wayshrine to any other wayshrine you have already visited
    *Features most of Tamriel including Skyrim, Morrowind, Summerset Isle, and Elseweyr.
    *Not all provinces are included in their entirety; Zenimax Online is keeping large areas inaccessible to save them for use as expansion content. Nonetheless, every major area is represented to some extent.
    *Game world is very large relative to Skyrim.
    *Explore anything you see.

P.S. Boubouille, with such a loyal gamer following, for this franchise, it might deserve an actual sub-forum in the Video Game Section. Feel free to create one and move this post

Screenshot links:
    http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/05/...ls-online.html

Screenshots:

Last edited by Driizzt; 2012-05-05 at 06:25 AM.

That awkward moment when you realize all of the major discussion about Elder Scrolls Online is going on in another thread.

Either merge them or make that one into the megathread I'd say. And no, it doesn't deserve a new subforum unless it gets a bunch of hits super super super fast and reaches like 300 pages in a couple of days (*cough* mass effect *cough*) or reaches more than 500 pages which even the Skyrim thread hasn't done yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

There's no way in HELL it's getting a subforum within the near future.

Anyway, I'm severely disappointed in current thinking about it and am not hopeful about things changing in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post

Anyway, I'm severely disappointed in current thinking about it and am not hopeful about things changing in the future.
    Swtor got one, right? I personally think that it's something to look out for, actually to be fair, it's the only other future MMO since WoW that I've even had a mild interest in.

Each too their own though.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post

Time will tell if it deserves a sub-forum. Heck Rift still has one lol. And im just going out a string here, but i'd imagine there is a better Elder Scrolls following than Rift
    (elder scrolls consisting of all their games upto Skyrim.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Swtor got one, right? I personally think that it's something to look out for, actually to be fair, it's the only other future MMO since WoW that I've even had a mild interest in.

Each too their own though.
    It's based on sustained activity in a major thread, not hype on one date.

Tbh, what made Elder Scrolls awesome was the fact you can do anything you want. It wont work as an MMO.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no hopes in hell that this will remotely even be good...seems like way too many companies just jumping on the MMO train...the only thing im curious about is there business model...curious to see if new MMO's start moving away from subscription.

Getting lot of the information a little bit more organized now, so its easier to read at a glance.

Deleted
    Please use this thread to discuss Elder Scrolls Online: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...line-Announced